Rashaad Penny looks freaking amazing

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Glad I was one of the few still holding out a glimmer of hope for his career. He’s a freak when healthy

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I need to see more. Reliability is everything for RBs.

If we think back Procise flashed his talent at times and then was hurt.. Today Penny was brilliant but a great deal of his yardage came from two long runs. Take one them away and he still has a good day and looks to be that guy that can run to the outside with breakaway sped. Lef’s hope he stays healthy for a while so his genuine ability can show itself.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1tkccszf said:

If we think back Procise flashed his talent at times and then was hurt.. Today Penny was brilliant but a great deal of his yardage came from two long runs. Take one them away and he still has a good day and looks to be that guy that can run to the outside with breakaway sped. Lef’s hope he stays healthy for a while so his genuine ability can show itself.

You're not wrong. I actually think his best run came somewhere around the 2nd quarter for about a 4-5 yard gain. He started for the hole directly off the Centers right hip and quickly changed direction in a 90degree step to his right, then went forward for a yard before making another quick move to his right and up for another couple yards. I knew he had good vision in the open, but this run showed tremendous vision on the inside with the ability to cut and move on a dime. I have always maintained that this guy has talent if he can just stay healthy.

I believe that he is strongly one of those rhythm type of backs who needs to feel the game to be successful. Currently, hes feeling it. I'm excited to see what he can bring the next 4 weeks. His football career hinges on the next month.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Stopped running like a victim and balled out, hope he does it again vs the rams

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1470447537685516291[/tweet]

....... when a team gets explosive plays out of it's running game to couple with explosive plays out of it's passing game, the offense become overwhelming.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Yes, when healthy, Penny is very good.

I don't care who you play. If you can run for 130 yards and 2 TDs, you have a great chance of winning that contest. This team hasn't had a reliable back since Beast. Carson was too inconsistent.

I hope Penny becomes Beast, not CJ Procise or Rawls

Jville

Reaction score
Pete credits Adrian Peterson with helping Penny modify his approach and running technique.

That was a great addition to help a player get better. Something we fans should look for out of our treasured developmental Seahawks program.

And, Penny credits the blocking game for his recent success.

Slick

Reaction score
Jville":1m9a3c5y said:
Pete credits Adrian Peterson with helping Penny modify his approach and running technique.

That was a great addition to help a player get better. Something we fans should look for out of our treasured developmental Seahawks program.

Although I still want to see how durable Penny is during the remainder of this season I think AP's value here could be a good thing. He might've had a "So what's the problem here?" kind of conversation with Penny when he arrived. He listened, then gave feedback to the young guy.

Jville

Reaction score
Slick":1k9wh58m said:
Jville":1k9wh58m said:

Although I still want to see how durable Penny is during the remainder of this season I think AP's value here could be a good thing. He might've had a "So what's the problem here?" kind of conversation with Penny when he arrived. He listened, then gave feedback to the young guy.

I think Penny and Pete credited Adrian with setting the example in his approach to the game and practice. Pete noted that Penny is picking his feet up a little bit differently and getting behind his pads differently. He's two hundred and thirty pounds and the fastest guy they have.

usa_today_17345352.0.jpg

OP
OP
H

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":qr6f33c5 said:
jammerhawk":qr6f33c5 said:

You're not wrong. I actually think his best run came somewhere around the 2nd quarter for about a 4-5 yard gain. He started for the hole directly off the Centers right hip and quickly changed direction in a 90degree step to his right, then went forward for a yard before making another quick move to his right and up for another couple yards. I knew he had good vision in the open, but this run showed tremendous vision on the inside with the ability to cut and move on a dime. I have always maintained that this guy has talent if he can just stay healthy.

I believe that he is strongly one of those rhythm type of backs who needs to feel the game to be successful. Currently, hes feeling it. I'm excited to see what he can bring the next 4 weeks. His football career hinges on the next month.
None of you are wrong you're both highly intelligent. He's a twitchy athlete and reminds me of Herschel Walker. He's a freak. He is a rhythm type of back and yes even Prosise balled out a few times in the past. The thing is I'm starting to see Penny take advantages of his touches and he isn't afraid to lower his shoulder and dish out a little punishment upon impact. With Carson's career possibly over (I don't see how a running back can come back from neck fusion) I see Penny becoming our featured back next year.

OP
OP
H

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Jville":137fl55u said:
Slick":137fl55u said:
Jville":137fl55u said:

I think Penny and Pete credited Adrian with setting the example in his approach to the game and practice. Pete noted that Penny is picking his feet up a little bit differently and getting behind his pads differently. He's two hundred and thirty pounds and the fastest guy they have.

usa_today_17345352.0.jpg
Yes indeed my friend it was a great move by Schneider to pick him up if even for a tutorial roll as a running backs coach

hawks85

Reaction score
Yup, it was AP's influence. The first carry penny had he hit the hole hard and I was like damn and he did that the whole game.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I think that's legit ^
He looked like a different back the last 2 weeks. Especially yesterday. Ran with purpose, and had no problem trucking fools and throwing the stiff arm. That being said, it was against the worst run defense in the league.
I still was impressed with what I saw. When he just goes out there and plays hard, he has some real talent.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/1470492620573057036[/tweet]

You know, you don't throw a whole life away just 'cause he's banged up a little --- quote from the movie "Seabiscuit"

94Smith

Reaction score
What's more impressive is that he FINALLY looked good against such an impressive run D....... :34853_doh:

OP
OP
H

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
94Smith":u0kt5ace said:
What's more impressive is that he FINALLY looked good against such an impressive run D....... :34853_doh:
He trucked your defense the fuhk over lol

Sweeeeeeep!!!!

Throwdown

Reaction score
94Smith":1grrnzkr said:

You still couldn’t beat the worst version of the Seattle Seahawks there’s been in a decade and you come here with that. Be better

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This directly right here ^^^^^
A Niners fan talking junk on a Hawks page. Come on man. Russ is 16-4 against Santa Clara. :dummy: :white_flag:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Penny is balling hard, but i'm not going to lie, I cringe everytime he touches the ball just waiting for that next injury.