Randy "Big Unit" Johnson raising the flag tommorrow?

12HawkFan

Reaction score
For Seahawk playoff games it should be nothing, and I mean nothing other than Seahawk Royalty.

The one person I don't think has ever done it and I would love to see it since he gave his football life to the Hawks is:

LOFA!!!

He played his entire active NFL career in Seattle, was on I think the Saints for a bit but never played in another regular season game again.

Heck, the entire SB XL linebacker roster would be cool as well.

Seahawk Royalty only for playoff games please.

GO HAWKS!!!

2_0_6

Reaction score
Yes Lofa would be an awesome choice..

I'd also like to see Bobby Engram raise it sometime also. That guy was more than clutch back in the day.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I"m afraid he would only raise it a quarter of the way and claim his back is hurting.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1s60grtn said:
Randy Johnson?

Meh.

Should reserve past Seahawks for playoff games. And Paul Allen for the Championship.

Agree'd. But its only the Panthers so somebody like John Friesz will do.

Mojambo

Reaction score
They get "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns and Roses going and that crowd is going to get CRANKED.

Seahawk

Reaction score
Bobblehead":39y7iyas said:
I"m afraid he would only raise it a quarter of the way and claim his back is hurting.
This ^^^^

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I'm all for Randy raising the flag, but playoff games should stay in the family.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
JesterHawk":2fn04yo5 said:
Hasselbeck":2fn04yo5 said:
Randy Johnson?

Meh.

Should reserve past Seahawks for playoff games. And Paul Allen for the Championship.
Meh? Did you never see him pitch?

Seattle royalty IMO. One of the cities best athletes ever. Pure domination on the mound.

Would you also "meh" Gary Payton?

Well, he is a 49ers fan.

irocdave

Reaction score
Hell yea, hopefully Randy gets in to the moment and helps jack up the crowd. Maybe let him drill a panther with a 102MPH fastball?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
JesterHawk":z6f6bf93 said:
Hasselbeck":z6f6bf93 said:
Randy Johnson?

Meh.

Meh? Did you never see him pitch?

Seattle royalty IMO. One of the cities best athletes ever. Pure domination on the mound.

Would you also "meh" Gary Payton?

Not denying that.. just think for the playoffs (Wild Card and Divisional Round) they should use former Seahawks. Let Johnson raise the flag for a Week 12 game against the Browns or something next season. The playoffs are different.

Tical21

Reaction score
HOF'ers are different. Watching Randy get jacked would pump me up more than just about any Hawk you can trot out there. I believe the Mariners are part of the Seattle sports "family."

getnasty

Reaction score
Not sure if he's already done it but i'd love to see DJack, now that guy would get it hyped. Randy would be nice but he's not bringing the kind of energy i want to see.

Hollywood_N_Vine

Reaction score
Mojambo":3on48bim said:
They get "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns and Roses going and that crowd is going to get CRANKED.

Wonder how many people get this reference? To this day that was one of the best sporting moments of my life...be it Seahawks, Mariners, Sonics..whatever. When Randy came in from the bullpen during game 5 of the 1995 ALDS, on one days rest, with "Welcome To the Jungle" blarring and the Kingdome ROCKING....was pretty freaking fantastic.

Seafan

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":du1dicm2 said:
Love Gary Payton.

Would also "meh" him as a flag-raiser. Can't have a Niners fan raising the flag.

For that reason alone he should never be allowed to raise the flag.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I hope it is Randy. I know not everybody here is a M's fan but our franchise best pitcher before him was Mark Langston with less than half the WAR. Randy Johnson still has the two highest WAR seasons for a M's pitcher ('95 '97), over two more strikeouts per 9 innings than Felix, and 6 of the best 7 seasons in M's history for hits per 9 innings.

dumbrabbit":2rllwwc0 said:
Why not Randy Johnson? Newest hall of fame member. Once a Mariner, always a Mariner.
The fine print includes an exception clause for A-Rod.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Seafan":3mjgrnxs said:
MidwestHawker":3mjgrnxs said:
Love Gary Payton.

Would also "meh" him as a flag-raiser. Can't have a Niners fan raising the flag.

For that reason alone he should never be allowed to raise the flag.

Payton raised the flag either this season or last season.

****EDIT****
Wow I was way off. It was 2008. lol

Latest posts