2011 NFL lookout with Big Lo and Shannon Love

Terry Love

Reaction score
Big Lo and Shannon Love at the old Liquid Lime in Kirkland discussing the lockout in 2011

At 2:54 here my brother Shannon talks about being stiff armed by Gale Gilbert during a flag football game in Redmond. They refs didn't flag the play but wanted Shannon out of the game because of all the blood pouring down his face. Gale Gilbert had been a starting quarterback for the Seahawks. I was playing corner on defense and quarterback on offence. I was lighting them up, but having a hard time beyond the 20's. None of us had played college or High School, but loved playing as a family. And then later, my brothers Randy and Shannon and I put a team together.

John Yarno, who had been a lineman for the Seahawks, as a way of stopping me, started to tackle me instead of going for my flag. He turned it into a tackle football game, and the refs never called him on it. Different rules for the pros I guess.
When Gale Gilbert ran one in for a touchdown on us, he celebrated and spiked the ball and taunted us. We just looked at each other in puzzlement.
Dude............we've been playing touch for years with our children and our wives. Good job scoring on us. :)

Terry football 01

Terry, somebody and Randy playing football at Enatai Elemenatry in the 70's.

Last edited: