Rams Next Weekend

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":2i54juu4 said:
I agree. There is no team I'd want to face less right now than the Rams. They have the seahawks' number. Get ready for a constant stream of Wilson running for his life and WRs struggling to get open. I would not be surprised at all by a loss

I mean...the Rams aren't a sure thing, but the bolded has to be hyperbole. It just has to be.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2n85sird said:
Missing_Clink":2n85sird said:
I agree. There is no team I'd want to face less right now than the Rams. They have the seahawks' number. Get ready for a constant stream of Wilson running for his life and WRs struggling to get open. I would not be surprised at all by a loss

I mean...the Rams aren't a sure thing, but the bolded has to be hyperbole. It just has to be.

Yea ok, Panthers and Broncos would be worse. But with that pass rush and the way the recent games between the teams have been? The Rams absolutely can come in here and get a W

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
We're opening as 10.5-point favorites. We were that much at times for this week's game, so certainly it's no guarantee of anything, but I'm guessing our line would be closer against a whole lot of teams.

That said, I also don't like playing against a big mauling defensive front like what the Rams will bring to Seattle.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
If we play not to lose again then we will probably lose. It sounds like we might be without Okung again too so Quin will be a handful for Russell to deal with.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2u5t5z6x said:
If we play not to lose again then we will probably lose. It sounds like we might be without Okung again too so Quin will be a handful for Russell to deal with.

Oh god...remember Gruden's disgust with the fact that McQuistan was playing like a turnstile against Quinn and the team was scheming absolutely no help for him? Get ready for the effing sequel.

JonRud

Reaction score
No doubt the Rams play us extremely tough but I just cannot see us losing 2 straight home games, the 2nd one to Kellen Clemens.

Early prediction that Harvin is ready to go next Sunday and makes a difference in the win.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
If the Harvin call has been on Pete then he may play him but we can't force him to play if he doesn't want to.

Daytomann

Reaction score
We lose next week, even if only by 3. There's not much use debating it.
The good news is, we made the play offs, bad news is, we don't make it past our first game .

Blitzer88

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2scboefv said:
Blitzer88":2scboefv said:
We are in trouble next weekend.

I assume it's just going to be this all week, Blitzer?
after this weekend's performance why should I feel confident against an opponent, the Rams, that has given us a huge amount of trouble?

I really think we are gonna take a loss to the Rams.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Blitzer88":myswe76b said:
MidwestHawker":myswe76b said:
Blitzer88":myswe76b said:

after this weekend's performance why should I feel confident against an opponent, the Rams, that has given us a huge amount of trouble?

What weeks do you think we're going to win?

chawx

Reaction score
Haha you guys are funny! I felt really crappy right after this game, especially after the blown call on the review killed our comeback chances, but really, I'm glad that zero of you are on this team as coaches, players, water boys, chain movers, sweat cleaners, or anything else but just everyday Joe fans.

Personally, I'm not afraid at all. The Rams will be tough and will want to play the spoilers, and it might get ugly at times, but Seattle will win and we'll have a week to watch and get ready for the REAL season!

Have faith my brothers! (And if you get a Xmas wish, you know how to use it!)

AverHawk

Reaction score
There are some serious negative Nancy's here. Yah, the O sucked hard today, but proclaiming that we're for sure going to lose next week, again, at home, is ridiculous.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I don't know if it has anything to do with the Rams.

We've read this book before.

Some team in Seattle is a buzzsaw in the regular season. Maybe even the best team in the sport according to some.

Then an inexplicable stumble down the stretch, but everyone makes excuses and points out how with record that our team has, and home field avantage (home court, etc), we will still win.

Then a loss and everyone is shocked and looking for answers. Rinse, lather, repeat.

Pete is a great coach and I was hoping that would be enough to get us past that issue but maybe the problem is that Seattle teams can always find a way to choke, even with a significant lead? Either way, we have now played TWO games with the chance to put the division out of the way and both times we choked them away. Both times the finger of blame could easily be leveled at what looks like an overmatched/overrated OC.

So whatever. I enjoy the games but if they lose the next one it will be clear that the Seattle Way is so strong that even Pete cannot over come it.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":29tq77bs said:
I don't know if it has anything to do with the Rams.

We've read this book before.

Some team in Seattle is a buzzsaw in the regular season. Maybe even the best team in the sport according to some.

Then an inexplicable stumble down the stretch, but everyone makes excuses and points out how with record that our team has, and home field avantage (home court, etc), we will still win.

Then a loss and everyone is shocked and looking for answers. Rinse, lather, repeat.

Pete is a great coach and I was hoping that would be enough to get us past that issue but maybe the problem is that Seattle teams can always find a way to choke, even with a significant lead? Either way, we have now played TWO games with the chance to put the division out of the way and both times we choked them away. Both times the finger of blame could easily be leveled at what looks like an overmatched/overrated OC.

So whatever. I enjoy the games but if they lose the next one it will be clear that the Seattle Way is so strong that even Pete cannot over come it.

Yeah...this is a bunch of voodoo. The 2013 Seahawks won't be losing because the 2001 Mariners did.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2gofwxm6 said:
Blitzer88":2gofwxm6 said:
MidwestHawker":2gofwxm6 said:
Blitzer88":2gofwxm6 said:

What weeks do you think we're going to win?

I thought we would win last week.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":38n8vaaj said:
Rams are going to be hard to beat.

Their lines own us.

Their lines do? Plural? Their offense managed three field goals last game, and no touchdowns. I've gotta say, I think that falls slightly short of the standard for human ownership.

getnasty

Reaction score
You thought we looked bad on offense this week, think about the last time we played St. Louis. The Rams had 7 sacks this week too, we better have a better game plan on the offense side of the ball or we'll be in for a long day.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":18uoo2oc said:
FlyingGreg":18uoo2oc said:
Rams are going to be hard to beat.

Their lines own us.

Their lines do? Plural? Their offense managed three field goals last game, and no touchdowns. I've gotta say, I think that falls slightly short of the standard for human ownership.

Yes, plural. Instead of the final score, get your beak out of the teams butt crack for a minute and check out what Zac Stacy did to us in the last game. I'll save you the trouble: 134 yards rushing. Their O line was blowing holes open in our defense, as a blind man could see.

So yes, lines. Put the pom poms down for a minute and embrace the fact that we are in for a hell of a fight to win next week, as always against this version of the Rams. Quinn and Long kick our mediocre line's butts every time, and their O line was pretty good last game as well.

Point stands. Rams are going to be hard to beat...period.