Quinn 2nd interview with Browns

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
jlwaters1":1r9nt3f5 said:
I'm seeing reports that Dan Quinn will be interviewing again with the Browns. My questions is why on earth would he be interested in that dumpster fire? The Browns have been perpetual losers. The upper management have a black eye seeing as they hand picked the last coach only to fire him less than a year later.

I get the whole argument of "there are only 32 head coaching jobs," thus they are desirable.

I also get that they have some defensive talent to work with. Just seems odd that if everyone else is pulling out that he would still be interested (they've had 2 coaching candidates pull of contention for this job- red flag to me)

what say you?
For the same reason that Gus Bradley took over an even worse situation in Jacksonville last season - because he has a professional aspiration to be a head coach which he's spent his career working towards, and this is a chance to realize that dream. Lesser experienced coaches like Quinn aren't in a position to pick and choose which 'ideal situation' they're going take. And most head coaching jobs are available, by definition, because the current state of the team is a less than desirable situation. Coaches who are confident in themselves and what they can accomplish (which I presume Quinn is) aren't going to be scared off by taking over teams like the Browns who are in a poor state. The Seahawks were just as big of a 'dumpster fire' when Pete Carroll took over, too. Arguably worse, in fact.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez 1h
Source tells @FOXSports that #Falcons offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter will interview for @browns head coaching job
Retweeted by Brian McIntyre

chihawk

Reaction score
Tony grossi just tweeted....

@TonyGrossi: Hearing #Browns may pop the question to Mike Pettine tonight.

Please make it so....keep Quinn in Seattle on more year.