Question- who copied who?

pehawk

Reaction score
Disp":252x5r64 said:
kearly":252x5r64 said:
Think about it. How many players on the current 49ers team were drafted by Harbaugh? Kaepernick, Aldon Smith... it's not a terribly long list. It's pretty flippin' obvious that he inherited a very good team that was very weak at QB. He put Smith in position to succeed, and that's pretty much all he had to do.

Drafted:
Aldon Smith
Colin Kaepernick
Chris Culliver
Kendall Hunter
Bruce Miller
Lamichael James

Free Agents:
Carlos Rogers
Donte Whitner
Mario Manningham
Randy Moss
Jonathan Goodwin

Backups promoted to starters:
Navorro Bowman
Alex Boone

There have been plenty of players added in the Harbaugh/Baalke era who are starters or backups that see extensive playing time. None of the players listed were starters pre-Harbaugh. Seattle drafted a lot of talent and the front office has done a very good job, but to pretend Harbaugh just walked into a plethora of pro bowl quality starters in place is naive. They've made extensive roster changes.

If you're going to brag about Moss, Manningham and LaMichael, might as well add Jacobs. Those names DONT help your point.

To me, it's the offensive and defensive lines being set. In rebuilding a team, that's the key, ALWAYS. That was set when he walked in. I EXPECTED him to turn Alex around.

Disp

Reaction score
Moss and Manningham are the #2 and #3 receivers on the team. The offensive and defensive lines were not set. Isaac Sopoaga and Ray McDonald were playing different positions and roles, and Goodwin/Boone are new. That's 4/8 players on the line that are different since 2010.

I'm not "bragging". I'm helping correct your mistakes.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Disp":2fwimyhc said:
kearly":2fwimyhc said:
Think about it. How many players on the current 49ers team were drafted by Harbaugh? Kaepernick, Aldon Smith... it's not a terribly long list. It's pretty flippin' obvious that he inherited a very good team that was very weak at QB. He put Smith in position to succeed, and that's pretty much all he had to do.

Drafted:
Aldon Smith
Colin Kaepernick
Chris Culliver
Kendall Hunter
Bruce Miller
Lamichael James

Free Agents:
Carlos Rogers
Donte Whitner
Mario Manningham
Randy Moss
Jonathan Goodwin

Navorro Bowman
Alex Boone

There have been plenty of players added in the Harbaugh/Baalke era who are starters or backups that see extensive playing time. None of the players listed were starters pre-Harbaugh. Seattle drafted a lot of talent and the front office has done a very good job, but to pretend Harbaugh just walked into a plethora of pro bowl quality starters in place is naive. They've made extensive roster changes.

Woah there champ. I would not call that extensive roster changes. Extensive roster changes is when you have a total of (Obo, Bryant, Mebane, Unger, Hill, Trufant) 6 players pre 2010. 6. That's it. That's extensive roster changes.

Disp

Reaction score
That's 13 players in 2 years. I would call that extensive roster changes. As would anyone else who's not a Hawks fan trying to argue what you're arguing. Tiger.

pehawk

Reaction score
I think Harbaugh's a GREAT coach. I was maybe one or two of the people on this board saying "umm, guys, SF just got Harbaugh, he's GOOD!. So, dont get your Harbaugh insecure-panties in a bunch.

But he walked into a situation with talent misused/poorly coached at; DL, OL, QB, TE and Crabtree. Umm, that's not exactly the 1990 Cowboys, pooky.

And, in reference to the OL/DL, that's 2/8's. Plus, no team which needs rebuilding would be adding Manningham, Moss or a LaMichael those are luxurious FA's for teams set. Kind of proves the point.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I can't wait for this game to be over so the Whiner fans can get off our board and go back to theirs...Bah! I can't believe how they stalk this forum. I have NEVER intruded on their space. I just don't get it. Sorry.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Disp":2b0dqp0y said:
That's 13 players in 2 years. I would call that extensive roster changes. As would anyone else who's not a Hawks fan trying to argue what you're arguing. Tiger.

Guess how many Carroll has added in 3? 47.

THAT'S extensive roster changes. Not 13 players, that's your basic restocking through the draft at 7 players per year, and free agency.

Seriously, not even close to extensive.

seahawksflow

Reaction score
Disp":11pl17tm said:
kearly":11pl17tm said:

Drafted:
Aldon Smith starter
Colin Kaepernick starter
Chris Culliver just as good as our starter, considered a starter in certain packages
Kendall Hunter best compliment to Gore we could ever ask for
Bruce Miller starter
Lamichael James just started playing, put us in position to win the game last week

Free Agents:
Carlos Rogers starter
Donte Whitner starter
Mario Manningham top three reciever
Randy Moss starter if you don't understand what he does for this offense, the your probably not worth talking football with
Jonathan Goodwin starter

Navorro Bowman starter
Alex Boone starter

Ya Harbaugh and Baalke had nothing to do with acquiring the talent for this team.

What are we talking about here? Almost half the starting lineups were acquired by or moved into position by Harbaugh/Baalke. A few of these guys are known as top, if not the top, in the league.

pehawk

Reaction score
Disp":2olsnpfh said:

Dude, c'mon. You're one of the smarter ones (and by ones I mean that in whatever offensive way you can take it). But, 13 players? Really?

Personally, I can say Harbaugh's a good coach who took over a good situation. Why cant you?

I'll most likely be saying that about whomever the Browns coach is next year (unless its Mike Nolan or Singletary).

Disp

Reaction score
pehawk":i6eyykb1 said:
Disp":i6eyykb1 said:

Dude, c'mon. You're one of the smarter ones (and by ones I mean that in whatever offensive way you can take it). But, 13 players? Really?

I don't think you're understanding my point. This is a vastly different team than the 2010 one. Every one of those players is integral to the team. The only ones that aren't really starters are Lamichael James and Kendall Hunter, but here's the thing; Gore can't be a feature back at this point in his career. He can't carry the ball as many times as Marshawn can, so Hunter/James are absolutely imperative to the offense. If it's Gore and Anthony Dixon then the running game doesn't work, because Gore can't carry more than about 15 or 20 times a game. My point is there have been significant roster changes on the 49ers. No, not as significant as the Seahawks obviously, but to say the 49ers are using the same team as they had before Harbaugh and have really only added Aldon Smith/Kaepernick is assinine.

The 49ers had Brett Swain, Joe Hastings, and Ted Ginn as their #2, 3, and 4 receivers at the end of the year last year. Never heard of 2 of those guys? Exactly. So yeah, all 13 of those players are either starters, or the entire complexion of the team changes without them.

pehawk

Reaction score
And I'm saying Harbaugh walked into a very good situation. Talent at DL, OL, QB, RB, TE and one very talented WR. A bad coach takes that and gets Nolan/Singletary results. An average coach can immmediately turn that to 8-9 wins. A great coach, well, 13 wins.

It's also better than 90% of rebuilds, you know that. Hell, if you have OL and DL talent, that's 7 wins for most coaches.

The Browns job will be a VERY similar situation.

Disp

Reaction score
Without the players they acquired last offseason through the draft and free agency the 49ers were not a 13 win team. Crabtree was considered a major bust until a couple weeks ago.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Disp":2a2mw70q said:
Without the players they acquired last offseason through the draft and free agency the 49ers were not a 13 win team. Crabtree was considered a major bust until a couple weeks ago.
No, he wasn't. Curry was a bust. Crabtree had almost 70 catches last year? I think maybe you are exagerating his bustness. Besides, if it was just a couple of weeks ago Crabs popped, methinks the bust was behind center.

Why the angst here? Harbaugh went 13-3 his first year. It certainly wasn't on the backs of Rookies. It isn't an insult to say he inherited a talented team. So did Singletary, but he was a shitty coach.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Using the words "vast" and "extensive" is a bit ridiculous. That type of personnel movement is not going to be far beyond the average year to year turnover for most teams.

Talk Harbaugh up as a coach, that's an obvious way to go, but the personnel situation and rebuild is not even close to what Carroll and Schneider walked into and accomplished in that department.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
One staff came in and knocked down the house and rebuilt from the foundation up into a pretty nice home, the other one bought a foreclosure with potential and upgraded the fixtures and build a gazebo in the back yard.

Disp

Reaction score
pinksheets":1e3iqbar said:
Using the words "vast" and "extensive" is a bit ridiculous. That type of personnel movement is not going to be far beyond the average year to year turnover for most teams.

Talk Harbaugh up as a coach, that's an obvious way to go, but the personnel situation and rebuild is not even close to what Carroll and Schneider walked into and accomplished in that department.

Well you guys claims they've been rebuilding and have benefited from high draft picks for 10 years, so when they change and replace about 10 of 22-ish starters in 2 years, I would consider that vast and extensive changes. How about you?

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
Disp":3d4jc98r said:
pinksheets":3d4jc98r said:

Well you guys claims they've been rebuilding and have benefited from high draft picks for 10 years, so when they change and replace about 10 of 22-ish starters in 2 years, I would consider that vast and extensive changes. How about you?

Vast and extensive is more than 13 guys in 2 years...Pete Carroll and John Schneider set an NFL record for transactions over their first two years. Using your draft picks and signing 3 or 4 FA's every year is what every team does every year.

Disp

Reaction score
Well dude earlier said there are 6 players starting from the 2009 Seahawks team right? Which means the Seahawks have an average of about 6 new starters per year, correct? 49ers have an average of 5 new starters per year under Harbaugh.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Disp":3nx039e7 said:
Well dude earlier said there are 6 players starting from the 2009 Seahawks team right? Which means the Seahawks have an average of about 6 new starters per year, correct? 49ers have an average of 5 new starters per year under Harbaugh.

There are only 6 left from that team period. Everyone else has been blown out and replaced.

Our team was a rebuild. Yours was not.