Question about Spygate 2.0

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I know Spygate 2.0 isn't directly about the Seahawks. But I wonder if its clear that the Patriots have been doing this despite the first Spygate, is it possible that their "great defensive play" in XLIX was because they'd obtained our signals illegally and knew the call based on that?

I mean they all stated that it was Browner that tipped them off, but could it have been a signal they picked up nefariously? Browner doesn't seem to be bright enough to have powers of omniscience. It would make more sense if they had stolen signals.

If the NFL finds out that this has been a continuous and ongoing nefarious activity, could they potentially strip the Patriots of their last 4 SB titles as a penalty, a la Lance Armstrong?

I'm pretty sick of those guys constantly flaunting the rules and playing dumb.

TOPHawk

Reaction score
Take away wins and titles? That is not going to happen.

To be honest, I've been suspicious of NE having some intel for years...and not just from Browner. The biggest piece of that situation that I can't reconcile is why Belicheck never called any timeouts. It could be as simple as sticking by your defense...but still.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Signals? What signals? Play calls in the NFL are called in by radio to the QB's helmet.

OP
OP
M

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3brghe14 said:
Signals? What signals? Play calls in the NFL are called in by radio to the QB's helmet.

A play is called through headset. Changes happen through signals.

I agree that maybe it was just Browner knowing something but this whole spygate issue makes me wonder how in depth the Patriot spying into other teams tendencies goes.

And how many times do you need to get caught with your hand in the cookie jar before something big happens. A player gets 3 strikes. How many does a coach get?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Browner knew what play was coming from practicing against Seattle’s offense while here.
Said he had practiced against said play 100’s of times.
He knew exactly where the ball was going from the formation and player grouping, once Lynch emptied out of the backfield he told Butler exactly where the ball was going.

Great awareness by Browner and epic playcall fail by Seattle.

Latest posts