Quandre Diggs now a Seahawk

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1uzhjdcw said:
SoulfishHawk":1uzhjdcw said:
Pro Bowl alternate last year. And I think we have seen MORE than enough from Thompson. Hopefully it's more moving on from TT than it is Mcdougald having a more worse injury than expected. And Lano Hill hasn't exactly been impressed when he actually plays so...….
Also, Diggs is signed thru next year.

It's rare that Pete sounds disgusted in pressers, but he did yesterday talking about the 50 yard pass Thompson gave up on that opening drive of the Ravens.

So yes, this is absolutely a trade to make sure we rarely or ever see Hill or Thompson again. McDougald, Blair and now Diggs, there's your starting safeties for the rest of the year.

Yeah, I've never heard Pete say something like that in a presser. I had a feeling something was coming concerning the safety position.

Danny Darko

Reaction score
chris98251":qah75qmh said:
MontanaHawk05":qah75qmh said:
Jville":qah75qmh said:
2_0_6":qah75qmh said:

Evan's numbers appear to be a little off ..... as I review it.

2019 ..... $1,601,437 .... prorated salary left outstanding

2020 ..... $5,200,000

2021 ..... $5,550,000

OTC lists Diggs 2019 analytic valuation at $3,661,000

Detroit Lions will take a dead cap hit of $3,583,334 (last 2 years of prorated signing bonus) in 2020.

The story line from the Detroit Free Press .... [tweet]https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/1186757209524441089[/tweet]

Also saw this:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF_Seahawks/status/1186777315809738752[/tweet]

Gonna reserve judgment on this one. He is starting to sound like a fan favorite more than an actual cornerstone player. Could thrive under Pete, though.

These grades are subjective, one year Griffin is graded as 139th CB now I would bet he is much higher, how the hell can a guy be 139th I didn't think there were that many active at one time, lots can influence these grades in a secondary.

They actually had Griffin in 1st before the ravens game

Jville

Reaction score
Fun to watch the Seahawks work their way thru the season.

Quotes from Quandre Diggs ..................................

(On how much interchanging occurred between the safety spots in Detroit) “We did a lot. Like you say, I’m versatile. I play down in the box, I play nickel, I play strong, I play free, I play some linebacker, I played it all. So, at the end of the day I just want to go in, lock in, be able to play football and be ready to go.”

(On if he thinks his versatility will help him pick up new defensive concepts faster) “I think it will. But it’s going to be a process. I don’t have the OTA days; I don’t have the phase one/phase two days that these guys have in the locker room. I’m jumping in when these guys are trying to game plan for big time opponents like we have this weekend. So, it’s going to be on the run and it’s my job to put in the work and put in the effort to get better and also learn this system.” -- Quandre Diggs
.........................................................................................................................................................................................

Quotes from Pete Carroll ......................................

(On what he likes about Quandre Diggs) “He’s an explosive player. I’ve watched him for years be the kind of guy that throws his body around as well as you can do it. He’s a real hitter and a playmaker. He’s played in a lot of situations. He’s played nickel. He’s played a lot of coverage on key tight ends and key matchups. They’ve used him in a number of different ways. He’s got a big variety of background. I just think he’s a unique player. He’s one of those guys that I’ve seen for a long time and liked for a long time. We really feel lucky to get him.”

(On what spot he wants to focus Diggs on first) “He’ll wind up playing at free safety and strong safety. He’ll play both for us in time here. We’ll start him out where we can fit him in best. We’ll see in time on that one. The fact that Lano [Hill] was out for a bit and we haven’t been able to get Bradley [McDougald] back in there, we got pretty thin really fast. A rare opportunity to get an experienced player that can fit a lot of roles. It gives us real flexibility and so we had to do everything. John [Schneider] made a great move to get this done.” -- Pete Carroll

.................................................................... good times ahead :biggthumpup:

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
If he's good at missing tackles he'll fit right in!!

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1lqsyx81 said:
getnasty":1lqsyx81 said:
Lions fans are going crazy. Good Stuff

Hard to blame them, Diggs was one of their best players on defense and very popular in the locker room..........and hey, I can't even imagine being a Lions fan.

I mean, we complain about the dark times here, but it pales in comparison to what Lion fans have been through. ONE playoff win since 1957.

*cold shiver*

This is why as soon as I moved to Seattle I jettisoned my Lions fandom and became a Seahawk fan. That franchise is snake bitten and will be until the Ford family sells the team to an owner who gives a shit.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
sutz":3n2fodow said:
Not just pass coverage. Watching Jackson run around our D-backfield Sunday was a bit disconcerting.

I hope this guy can tackle.

How True!

To me the poor tackling of the team has been present all season and opponents are getting significant advantage from it. From weak efforts on ST to allowed RAC or broken tackles resulting in failure to stop opposing players it is frustrating to watch b/c in the past this was an area of some strength. Maybe the LBs are not as good as we think. it's clear the DBs needed help.

Hendo66

Reaction score
PC/JS should put something together for Slay while there at it.
If Slay is so pissed about the trade for Diggs maybe he'll come over to play with his boy again.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Damn, Slay would be an incredible addition. He's better than any of our corners, and I like the idea of adding him to the mix. Not sure what they would ask, but with him being so angry, no better time than to work the magic again.
Bottom line, he would make this team a lot better.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Lions been shopping Diggs because his play has fallen off, he's been missing tackles, and he's been dealing with a hamstring injury which could effect his availability.

They also have 2 younger players they picked in the 3rd IIRC. And I think they're worried about the Bob Sanders syndrome. "Small, hard hitting safety has injury shortened career."

It's interesting that they've been looking to trade him for a while now, and no takers.

Lamar Jackson is an elusive Phenom with 4.3 speed. ET is possibly the only player that could tackle Lamar with any consistency.

We got Diggs because we're short on DBs. (Pun intended ;) Lano might go on IR and McDougald has back spasms.

T2's two brain farts were costly, but he's still a talented safety, who I believe will be just fine once he gets another game under his belt. Besides, those two long completions weren't the cause of our main problem, only a symptom of them (plural).

The Offense was the main problem last Sunday. 14 points.

I believe TT saw the way the game was going, and was trying to do too much. Same reason Russell gave up a pick 6. Like their Head Coach, they both tried to "make something happen."

How many times have we heard Pete say that when talking about one of his inexplicable game day decisions? "I was trying to make something happen."

TT possibly saw something that convinced him it was a Lamar run on that play, and thus got burned. He misread a play, and committed a cardinal sin. But he's also been instrumental in 2 wins with amazing INTS! I think those INTs far outweigh his misreads, because of the effect they had on the outcome if the game!!

Besides, his defense had his back against the Ravens, holding them to a field goal.

No, I don't think Diggs is here to replace anybody, but instead, because of injuries.

LTH

Reaction score
sutz":2evl8ha1 said:
Not just pass coverage. Watching Jackson run around our D-backfield Sunday was a bit disconcerting.

I hope this guy can tackle.

This was a brilliant move not only to shore up the secondary but to bring in leadership to the young guys.. LOVE this move!!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Also, it could also be a case of the Detroit media trying to downplay a move that clearly make a LOT of fans and players angry. If this guy wasn't good, people wouldn't have had that reaction. Sometimes a change of scenery is all a guy needs. And let's be real honest here, TT is brutal so I suspect this is a big upgrade.

chris98251

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1h41pu71 said:
Damn, Slay would be an incredible addition. He's better than any of our corners, and I like the idea of adding him to the mix. Not sure what they would ask, but with him being so angry, no better time than to work the magic again.
Bottom line, he would make this team a lot better.

He is pissed still and not playing Sunday and has said he played his last game for them, listed as out with a Hammy injury.

If Patricia is like Belichek he could be traded also soon it could be a possibility, they have till the 29th.

LTH

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3kpk1f98 said:
Also, it could also be a case of the Detroit media trying to downplay a move that clearly make a LOT of fans and players angry. If this guy wasn't good, people wouldn't have had that reaction. Sometimes a change of scenery is all a guy needs. And let's be real honest here, TT is brutal so I suspect this is a big upgrade.

Who knows what's going on in Detroit... The fact that the other Detroit players are upset by the move and lashing out is probably an indicator that there are some internal issue with in the team... we will never know...

The leadership this guy is going to bring to the secondary is going to be extremely valuable to guys like T-2...My understanding is Diggs fits the Seahawk scheme like a glove. we will find out soon enough...

LTH

chris98251

Reaction score
LTH":19d22sq5 said:
SoulfishHawk":19d22sq5 said:

Who knows what's going on in Detroit... The fact that the other Detroit players are upset by the move and lashing out is probably an indicator that there are some internal issue with in the team... we will never know...

The leadership this guy is going to bring to the secondary is going to be extremely valuable to guys like T-2...My understanding is Diggs fits the Seahawk scheme like a glove. we will find out soon enough...

LTH

But he only has 30 inch arms. Good thing he is listed as a Safety.

LTH

Reaction score
chris98251":1rucwibk said:
Well that should even things up a bit for the Tate trade now, Avril and now Diggs.

Will be interested to see how he adapts and is used.

How he adapts to the locker room or how he adapts to the scheme or both..

How he is going to be used will be a key factor IMO

LTH

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Just signed and already on injury list with a questionable designation for Sunday. The Prosise curse for this team is in full force. I was so optimistic that the Diggs signing would kick double toast (TT) to the inactive list on game days. I guess I will have to watch TT get toasted this Sunday by the likes of Jones, Ridley, and Hooper.

Jville

Reaction score
Actually ....... Diggs already had the hamstring injury when the Seahawks traded for him. He is still working his way back from that injury .......
(On how Quandre Diggs has adjusted) “He was not able to do a lot of work this week. We’re just training him right now. We’re not trying to rush it and just force him into it. We’re not doing that.”

(On if Quandre is less likely to play because he’s just beginning to adjust) “Yeah. He’s questionable with a hamstring.” -- Pete Carroll

xray

Reaction score
The Hawks evidently needed another injured player that won't be on the field Sunday . :pukeface:

poly1274

Reaction score
Why haven’t teams contact Eric berry yet. Is he being black listed like Kapernick?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
xray":185zt9cd said:
The Hawks evidently needed another injured player that won't be on the field Sunday . :pukeface:

Always negative?

Is nothing the team does worth being positive about?

When healthy this player will improve the DB talent level of the team.

His history is nothing like that of Ansah.

Latest posts