Qb J.T. Barrett signed

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
D4f10ebff33c9467070f80copsmax6500quality80

Former Ohio State and New Orleans Saints quarterback J.T. Barrett was signed to the roster on Saturday along with linebacker Juwon Young.

Barrett went undrafted before signing with the Saints last year. He was yo-yoed on and off the team’s practice squad all season before re-signing with the team on a futures contract in January. However, the Saints released Barrett just after the start of training camp. Barrett started 44 games at Ohio State during his college career. He completed 64.7 percent of his passes for 3,053 yards with 35 touchdowns and nine interceptions in his final year for the Buckeyes. Barrett also rushed for 798 yards and 12 touchdowns as a senior.

https://sportsradiokjr.iheart.com/conte ... won-young/

sutz

Reaction score
Camp arm so Russ and Lynch don't get dead arm while Geno is rehabbing from his procedure.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Cyrus12":f372q2un said:
Who? Competition for Wilson?
I wish but no..That QB isn't here yet for a couple of
years when that massive contract nears it's end and RW's
body/play start going as he ages.

pehawk

Reaction score
Hope they try him at TE or FB. Gut is it'll be one of those.

mrblitz

Reaction score
--Hope they try him at TE or FB. Gut is it'll be one of those.-- we need long snapper, and DT too though, right?

pehawk

Reaction score
mrblitz":ahhsdz08 said:
--Hope they try him at TE or FB. Gut is it'll be one of those.-- we need long snapper, and DT too though, right?

I mean after he serves his sentence as sacrificial camp arm.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
NO added him and cut him from the practie squad 11 times last year. That has to be some sort of record.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1mersz6v said:
NO added him and cut him from the practie squad 11 times last year. That has to be some sort of record.

How does that even happen? You'd think something like 9 would be the max as you sign him, keep him for a week, then cut him for a week, then sign him for a week and so on. At 11, there had to be some in week signing and cutting, right?

xray

Reaction score
Hard to understand why he gets shuffled around so much . He holds 39 records at Ohio State along with many other awards in bowl games. I guess it's another example of what these guys do in college doesn't always carry over to the pros. He might surprise everyone when he plays in the Hawks system . Paxton Lynch surprised many of us the other night.

chris98251

Reaction score
xray":g9ph487y said:
Hard to understand why he gets shuffled around so much . He holds 39 records at Ohio State along with many other awards in bowl games. I guess it's another example of what these guys do in college doesn't always carry over to the pros. He might surprise everyone when he plays in the Hawks system . Paxton Lynch surprised many of us the other night.

David Greene

xray

Reaction score
chris98251":1ivw0ah5 said:
xray":1ivw0ah5 said:

David Greene
Forgot about him...forgettable indeed

Ramfan128

Reaction score
xray":uhs9ujt2 said:

I live in Columbus and watched every game he ever played.

His first season as a starter, OSU had near record breaking talent around him. He looked amazing. He got hurt and Cardale Jones won the National Championship, beating down Oregon - that should have been the first red flag (just about any QB could have done it with that talent).

The following season, OSU tried to make Jones the starter - the entire team was in some weird funk. We returned almost everyone and should have been one of the best teams of all time, but they just didn't play to those expectations. Eventually Barrett supplanted Jones and OSU played a little better.

His Junior season he was back as the full time starter, and despite losing one game to Penn State, OSU snuck into the CFP - to get blown out by Clemson 31-0. Aside from the losses to PSU and Clemson, there were other red flags in the wins - he appeared to really be holding the offense back at times despite his relatively good numbers.

Senior season he posted great numbers, but by this point I was ready for him to be gone - only loss was a blow out in Iowa where he was awful. He had some great moments like the comeback against PSU in Columbus.

Overall, it's a classic case of talent and coaching making a QB look much better than he really is. I was ecstatic that he couldn't suit up for the Buckeyes anymore.

Barrett's first season as a Buckeye he had a current top 5 NFL RB (Zeke) and top 5 NFL WR (Michael Thomas), as well as the defensive players who have gone onto the NFL to be Superstars in Lattimore and Bosa - and then all the solid starters as well, most of whom play for the Saints.

pehawk

Reaction score
Ramfan128":ynmkqxck said:
xray":ynmkqxck said:

His first season as a starter, OSU had near record breaking talent around him. He looked amazing. He got hurt and Cardale Jones won the National Championship, beating down Oregon - that should have been the first red flag (just about any QB could have done it with that talent).

The following season, OSU tried to make Jones the starter - the entire team was in some weird funk. We returned almost everyone and should have been one of the best teams of all time, but they just didn't play to those expectations. Eventually Barrett supplanted Jones and OSU played a little better.

His Junior season he was back as the full time starter, and despite losing one game to Penn State, OSU snuck into the CFP - to get blown out by Clemson 31-0. Aside from the losses to PSU and Clemson, there were other red flags in the wins - he appeared to really be holding the offense back at times despite his relatively good numbers.

Senior season he posted great numbers, but by this point I was ready for him to be gone - only loss was a blow out in Iowa where he was awful. He had some great moments like the comeback against PSU in Columbus.

Overall, it's a classic case of talent and coaching making a QB look much better than he really is. I was ecstatic that he couldn't suit up for the Buckeyes anymore.

Barrett's first season as a Buckeye he had a current top 5 NFL RB (Zeke) and top 5 NFL WR (Michael Thomas), as well as the defensive players who have gone onto the NFL to be Superstars in Lattimore and Bosa - and then all the solid starters as well, most of whom play for the Saints.

Try this again.

Quit saying "we". You didnt play for OSU.

McGruff

Reaction score
pehawk":146cbqo3 said:
Ramfan128":146cbqo3 said:
xray":146cbqo3 said:

Try this again.

Quit saying "we". You didnt play for OSU.

I get the sentiment, but its dumb.

If fans didnt have a right to ownership of team passion, message boards wouldn't exist.

We would not wear the jerseys.

Latest posts