Punt/ Kick Returner for Seahawks-Panthers (Update!)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Finally Doug gets put on returns. He is a very underrated return guy when he gets that opportunity.

Will be interesting to see Richardson back there too.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":10nadz0v said:
SomersetHawk":10nadz0v said:
If Walters is good to go then I'd expect him to take both roles. Dislike it as we may, Kearse, Turbin and Earl have all had chances to be on PR/KR going back to last season and fumbled them away; which Walters is yet to do.

It'd be cool to see Baldwin in both roles but despite Pete's willingness to put Earl back there, with recent injuries and developments I really think he'll consider Doug too important to this team to risk on returns. Walters took some shots last week, and as much as I shuddered, rather him than ADB.

With his burst and elusiveness, I'd have thought C-Mike has the potential to be a phenomenal returner but he hasn't got the chance. I wonder if it's a ball safety thing.

Derp! Per Pete's presser Doug and Prich are on returns, you douchebag. :roll:

Attack the douchebag post, not the douchebag poster.

:sarcasm_on:

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
The supreme athlete that is Bryan Walters slipped and fell running a route in practice and concussed himself.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1aglscpe said:
Walters is a top my list of Hawks I wish would be cut. He's not talented. Hopefully someone steals his job this week.

Id let Cmike return Kicks and Prich punts. Done.

I got half of it!

Scottemojo

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":3i8bt7e0 said:
ImTheScientist":3i8bt7e0 said:
Walters is a top my list of Hawks I wish would be cut. He's not talented. Hopefully someone steals his job this week.

Id let Cmike return Kicks and Prich punts. Done.

I got half of it!
You want a cookie?

Abach

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":12fzssiq said:
The supreme athlete that is Bryan Walters slipped and fell running a route in practice and concussed himself.

Lol. This is too funny. It's so easy to hate on the guy.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sure Walters "isn't talented"
He's only a Pro Football Player, as opposed to a fan on a website :roll:

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
I don't think Walters is a bad return man. You always need ball security from your return guy. I get it. However, we need a guy that will flip field position for you. Golden did that a bunch while he was here. I feel like our return game has been neutered.

It's tough to watch. Maybe Pete can re-evaluate the competition aspect at the position while Walters is down.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
OP
OP
bigskydoc

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Sounds like Walters is made of glass. We should send him to the Jets.

/sarc

-bsd

kearly

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":2er48vux said:
Derp! Per Pete's presser Doug and Prich are on returns,

I was hoping to see this combination for some time now. Even before Percy was traded, he was struggling on kickoffs. Baldwin has looked consistently excellent during his time on returns.

Walters has had good results at PR, but always does it in a way that's so shaky. Every time I see him stammer before catching the ball I feel like waiving for a fair catch with 20 yards of green ahead of him isn't such a terrible idea.

Richardson might stink at punt returns for all we know, but we won't know until we find out. And talent-wise, he beats out Walters by a LOT.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hasn't busted one for a TD, must be a garbage player, Punt returners are considered very good if they can average 8 to 10 yds a return were sitting at 14 as a team, playing against some very good offensive teams that punt rarely.

Bitching and Moaning that we have a guy thats solid isn't logical, now if you had multiple turnovers and no threat at all it would be different.

We were spoiled last year.

suppaball

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":3cvi3dij said:
SomersetHawk":3cvi3dij said:
SomersetHawk":3cvi3dij said:
If Walters is good to go then I'd expect him to take both roles. Dislike it as we may, Kearse, Turbin and Earl have all had chances to be on PR/KR going back to last season and fumbled them away; which Walters is yet to do.

It'd be cool to see Baldwin in both roles but despite Pete's willingness to put Earl back there, with recent injuries and developments I really think he'll consider Doug too important to this team to risk on returns. Walters took some shots last week, and as much as I shuddered, rather him than ADB.

With his burst and elusiveness, I'd have thought C-Mike has the potential to be a phenomenal returner but he hasn't got the chance. I wonder if it's a ball safety thing.

Derp! Per Pete's presser Doug and Prich are on returns, you douchebag. :roll:

Attack the douchebag post, not the douchebag poster.

:sarcasm_on:
Looks like he is attacking his own duchebag self.

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
The thing I'll really miss about Percy is having opposing squib kicks to the 30 yd line. Free yardage.

Baldwin had a really good return last year.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3qlxaa13 said:
Yeah, I'm sure Walters "isn't talented"
He's only a Pro Football Player, as opposed to a fan on a website :roll:
So was Sean Salisbury.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I don't like it. Return men don't get hurt as frequently as some might believe, but they do get hurt. Suddenly we are not much deeper at WR than we are at DB and if we are going to put anyone at risk, I don't think it should be our #1 and (possibly) #2 WRs. Especially since neither has performed such duties with great regularity. And no way, no how should we ever consider Sherm for PRs. That's madness, imo.

It really is amazing to me that we are even in this predicament. Michael (for example) is still so far behind, and apparently still so untrustworthy, that he can't return a kick-off? My gawd, Pete. Fire someone. Anyone.

Latest posts