Premature Analysis: 2013 Breakout Team?

SE174

Reaction score
I'll go with the Chiefs. They have a lot of talent, and a coach that will be much better at utilizing it.

mikeak

Reaction score
Miami has been on the cusp and was a tough out last year

Panthers sucked went back to what worked with Cam and started winning. Only concern is new coach and backup qb's that don't fit big they go traditional they will suck again

I love Rivers as an NC State grad and hope a new coach will do it but don't think so

KC had what 5 pro-bowlers last year and were dead last? Put Reid and AS in the same team and u think they will be very good.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2gouia4t said:
I just don't see it. I get the similarities between the 2012 Panthers and the 2011 Seahawks, but I don't think they're poised to take a big step forward. the other 3 teams in their division are better than them, and I just don't think they have the horses to scrounge out more than about 6 wins.

Man, the Panthers went 6-3 over their last 9 games last year, and it seemed that it took Cam Newton about half the season to shake off a sophomore slump. It didn't help that the Panthers' OC was muddling things, going away from what worked for the Panthers in 2011 (when they improved 4 games over their abysmal 2010 season).

In the end, they were a middle of the pack type of team that started poorly and starting putting things together near the end of the season. I disagree that the Bucs are better, really, and the Saints are too one-dimensional. And even so, the Panthers split with the Falcons and swept the Saints this past year.

I think the Panthers may be a breakout team in 2013 for the same reason I think the Browns absolutely WON'T be one... Rob Chudzinski is now the Browns' HC instead of the Panthers' OC.

kearly

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":17hqlt78 said:
I just don't see it. I get the similarities between the 2012 Panthers and the 2011 Seahawks, but I don't think they're poised to take a big step forward. the other 3 teams in their division are better than them, and I just don't think they have the horses to scrounge out more than about 6 wins.

You should see their advanced stats. Both FO and especially Advanced NFL Stats paint the picture of a team that should have won a lot more games than they did last year. Even if you don't buy that argument, their defense finished red hot ever since moving Kuechly to MLB, they have (IMO) the most physically talented QB in the NFL, and they have some good draft picks coming up in the draft with a GM who drafts pretty well, IMO. I don't know how you could look at this team and think 6 wins. This is a team that was a historic fluke performance from Brady Quinn away from winning their final six games in a row.

Even early in the year when they were struggling, they still put a scare in the Seahawks. There is a lot of talent on that team. Panthers swept the Saints and should have swept the Falcons.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Rams. I love the D line they have put together. They need a RB in the draft and some D back help which I think they will address