Preliminary Expectations For The 2016 Hawks

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
bigskydoc":2dizhqil said:
Everything depends on the schedule. If we get a good distribution of tough games, I see us going between 11 and 13 wins. If they front load us like last two years, then we are looking at 9-12 wins.

My predicted schedule
At New England - Loss
At LA - Loss
vs Atl - Win
vs Philly - Win
At Tampa - Win
At GB - Loss
vs Az - Win
vs Carolina - Loss
vs Buffalo - Win
at NO - Win
at NY - Win
vs SF - Win
vs Miami - Win
at SF - Win
vs LA - Win
at Az - Loss

Will update after the schedule comes out and free agency is over. Don't think the draft will have a huge impact either way. If the NFL wins it's appeal against Brady and he gets suspended, I would bet that game moves to later in the year and is replaced by at GB.

- bsd
You mean you think that the NFL would purposely make it more difficult on the Seahawks? Really?
Oh wait, last year they had our team play I believe it was 6 games vs. teams that had a bye before playing the Hawks.
Mere coincidence............not.

I am VERY interested in how the schedule shakes out this year.

ivotuk

Reaction score
What Aros said except I expect 14 - 2 this year, with Home Field Advantage throughout. And beating Arizona in the NFCCG after they beat the Panthers.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
On a scale of: "Dumpster fire > Horsepoop > Poop > Garbage > Terrible > Poor > Below average > average > Let's not kid ourselves, we have Cable"

If our OLINE can perform between garbage and terrible, we should contend for a title.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
I'm curious which units you guys think have improved (or will end up being improved after the draft).

We have had a net loss in overall talent 3 years in a row. So what has changed that will make us better than we were last year?

Overseasfan

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":215zga1r said:
I'm curious which units you guys think have improved (or will end up being improved after the draft).

We have had a net loss in overall talent 3 years in a row. So what has changed that will make us better than we were last year?

Our QB will be just as good if not better, our WR core will be just as good if not better, TE with a healthy Graham is miles better than last year's overall situation, healthy Rawls is better than last year's RB situation, FB is a bit of a question but I don't see a big drop off happening, OL so far looks to be around the same with less overall talent but more consistency, DE will be just as good if not better, DT should be around the same, LB might experience a slight drop off without Irvin and the secondary will be better with Lane as the starting RCB from day 1 instead of Cary Williams.

In short we'll be better at CB, worse at OLB and the rest will be more or less the same. We haven't even concluded FA yet so we could still upgrade a few positions and the draft will also help out.

I was under the impression that we would've won the Superbowl if Rawls stayed healthy throughout the post-season and with Graham it'd have been overkill. So we have a squad that was already SB material and we get to add more experience through FA and young talent through the draft. We'll at the very least be a SB contender next year.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Well, it's early to be predicting but I'm bored. My caveats are the draft and the rest of FA. We really can't allow for injuries, except to look at our overall depth. I can only go with what we have right now, so here goes:

I expect a slightly better start, depending on schedule of course. We just signed two veteran FA's to the OL. They're at least as good as what we started out with last year, and likely a lot better with plus experience. I don't think we'll start out as badly as we did last year, which should be good for a win or two to the plus side for us. I also think we could end up as good as the end of last year, and maybe even better. If we start out protecting Wilson better, I think the Hawks build on Wilson's progression, Baldwin's progression, and Lockett would be better. I also think Rawls can play better, or at least as good, once he comes back from his injury.

On defense, the back end was the problem to begin the year. We played a green SS in place of Kam, and had Cary Williams. Now, we have Lane and Shead back, which is who we were running with when the defense found its form and played well. If Kam holds out, pouts, or gets traded, we have McCray, who played well enough in his place, and he also will have an entire offseason and training camp to get better in our system. We literally gave up 3 games at the beginning of the season due to secondary collapses. This should net us a win or two.

All in all, I see our floor at 11 wins, and our ceiling at 14. I'm predicting the 11 right now. I also think we can win the division, as I think we beat the Rams at least once, and we beat the Cards at home this year.