Predicting the 53 man roster

ak3000

Reaction score
A few of my own two cents to throw into the fountain. I was going to blow up your 4
LB roster but there has been much talk of Avril/Irvin sliding into the vacancy so we'd be fine there.

Can't see us keeping two FBs unless we keep two kickers as well. Ware or Robinson will have to go. We all love RRR but there have been hard dismissals under PC in the past.

There's a lot of DBs too, can't keep em all, Thirmond, Lane, JJ could be gone. OL looks about right. Hope YOLO makes the cut on the D line but there's a lot of people in front of him. I can see him being our 2013 version of 2009 Michael Bennett, getting cut in favor of Hill and then flourishing elsewhere.

QB? I can see Portis or Johnson honestly beating out Quinn.

chris98251

Reaction score
You can keep two FB's if we are truly going to rotate Avril and Irvin at LB as well, a FB like Ware could be a big special teams guy, as big as a LB and likes contact also.

McGruff

Reaction score
I don't think we can keep 5 backs, 6 WR's and 3 TE's . . . The numbers don't support that. One of those positions will have to take a hit, and I suspect it will be the WR group. Only expect them to keep 5.

I'd be shocked if they kept 4 true linebackers . . . Expect Bradford to also make the team, and they may only keep 5 corners.

I also don't expect McDaniel to make the team over Scruggs.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I think Ware and Willson are probably practice squad players unless Lynch is out at the start of the year.

Zowert

Reaction score
Well, we are stacked at Runningback. Lynch is in the peak of his prime, Turbin is only going to get better, Christine Michael is a stud and I have heard good things about the LSU kid (Spencer Ware).

Depth at RB. Meaning we won't have to panic if Lynch goes down. Although I would still cry in that scenario, I would be comfortable with Turbin, Michael and Ware taking over for Marshawn Lynch. This has to make Russ a little more comfortable too.

I loved the QB draws, delays and other designed quarterback run plays last season. But they also scared the crap out of me, simply because those kind of plays are putting Wilson at an unnecessary risk of injury (unless its the playoffs). No doubt Wilson has the talent to be a pocket QB. I'd like his mobility to be a 'bonus' to his game, instead of being a crucial part. In order for that to happen you obviously need a solid offensive line, but you also need quality tailbacks. One solid RB is good, but not good enough, IMO.

The moves this off season (free agent signings, trades and draft picks) was an obvious effort to built this team around Russell Wilson. The Seahawks have one of the most talented young quarterbacks in the league. If you don't believe that, then you'd have to agree he has the potential to be the most (or one of the most) talented. This is something we haven't seen in the history of Seahawks Football. Complete confidence.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
McGruff":27lxgutr said:
I don't think we can keep 5 backs, 6 WR's and 3 TE's . . . The numbers don't support that. One of those positions will have to take a hit, and I suspect it will be the WR group. Only expect them to keep 5.

I'd be shocked if they kept 4 true linebackers . . . Expect Bradford to also make the team, and they may only keep 5 corners.

Sure you can. They did to start last year which had the following

QB-2
RB/FB=5
TE=3
WR=6
OL=9
Offense total= 25

DL= 9
LB= 6
DB= 10
Defense Totals= 25

+3-ST's. That's how the original 53 started out last year. I would think they could cut the # of LBer's to 5 to keep an 10th DLmen- considering Clem, Avril, Irvin will play some LBer. IMO I think it will go this way again in 2013

The Outfield

Reaction score
I'm afraid to change our starting defense too much. We were so dominant last year.

McGruff

Reaction score
jlwaters1":3j63owzn said:
McGruff":3j63owzn said:

Sure you can. They did to start last year which had the following

QB-2
RB/FB=5
TE=3
WR=6
OL=9
Offense total= 25

DL= 9
LB= 6
DB= 10
Defense Totals= 25

+3-ST's. That's how the original 53 started out last year. I would think they could cut the # of LBer's to 5 to keep an 10th DLmen- considering Clem, Avril, Irvin will play some LBer. IMO I think it will go this way again in 2013

Who were the 5 backs . . . lynch, Turbin, Washington, Robinson and ???

NYCoug

Reaction score
McGruff, the 4th RB last season was Kregg Lumpkin, who like Spencer Ware, had ability to play RB and fill in at FB if need be. I think they keep 5 again this year. I think they like Ware's violent running style too much to risk losing him.

McGruff

Reaction score
NYCoug":178d7907 said:
McGruff, the 4th RB last season was Kregg Lumpkin, who like Spencer Ware, had ability to play RB and fill in at FB if need be. I think they keep 5 again this year. I think they like Ware's violent running style too much to risk losing him.

Forgot about Lumpkin . . . Understandably :D

I agree on Ware, and I also suspect Willson makes the final cut . . . I will be interested to see where all the numbers play out, and of course injuries will play into that.