Pre-draft trades of Bruce & Kam even a slight possibility?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Not sure why some of you guys don't think we'll trade Kam.

If he's going to be a pain in the ass again wanting a new contract like last off season, we'll more than likely have no choice but to trade him.

Pete isn't going to want that distraction again.

If Kam wants to come back and play under his existing contract and not complain? Then yeah I think we'd bring him back for the 6M he's suppose to make. That's a reasonable salary for how he played last year.

Marlin Man

Reaction score
I for one think Kam is gone (IF I like it or not) as for Irvin man wake up, if you have so much knowledge why inthe hell don't you realize we can not trade him, we will probably get a third round comp for him.

something big IS going to happen before the draft- I just feel it (pretty scientific eh?)

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3qt1ui0g said:
Not sure why some of you guys don't think we'll trade Kam.

If he's going to be a pain in the ass again wanting a new contract like last off season, we'll more than likely have no choice but to trade him.

Pete isn't going to want that distraction again.

If Kam wants to come back and play under his existing contract and not complain? Then yeah I think we'd bring him back for the 6M he's suppose to make. That's a reasonable salary for how he played last year.
Agree with you 100% on everything you said. Ball is in Kam's court.

RiverDog

Reaction score
One part of the Kam equation that folks are missing is Bennett, who was equally upset with his deal even though he had multiple years left on it. But Bennett didn't hold out and went on to play his ass off while Kam held out then had a sub par season.

So the team deals with Bennett, probably massages the numbers some to give him more money up front, but Kam can eat chit. I'd be really disappointed if the FO deals with him if he starts pulling the same chit he pulled last season.

chris98251

Reaction score
Kams biggest beef was Williams and his contract for his play, now remedying that situation may be a restructure, Kam has to show he is really healthy also. Williams is gone so the lesson is learned by the front office, big salary for a guy that can't live up to it can cause team wide problems and individual player issues. Bennett will need a boost to shut him up, he has earned it so I expect a tweek or a pull forward of some sort of money and maybe a drop of a year of the contract.

What many don't seem to remember is even during his hold out he was watching films of practice and trying to help the new arrivals and talking to them about technique etc. He is a coach and leader on the team, that's why Pete wants him a part of things.

I still think his performance and hold out was a injury issue as much as a Williams issue based on play last year, don't think he was sound all year just able to play thru stuff. Hope he is sound this year, if not then yes we need to move on because with a injury that he can't recover from he will only get worse faster. I think Sanders and Reed did sort of the same thing, needed to get sound before they were an impact again, both tried to play thru injuries and were targeted once word was out unmercifully. Took getting healed for them to return to form and were able to play well for a couple seasons again.

drdiags

Reaction score
I usually try to pay attention to any and all info Seahawks related. Can someone point me to where the idea that Williams contract is what sparked Kam to hold-out? More than a handful of folks have alluded to this so I just want to catch up.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
drdiags":23b2xmok said:
I usually try to pay attention to any and all info Seahawks related. Can someone point me to where the idea that Williams contract is what sparked Kam to hold-out? More than a handful of folks have alluded to this so I just want to catch up.

I don't remember seeing any, but it's not hard to draw that conclusion.

I'm sure Kam wasn't happy to see Williams was making almost the same as him, with basically being a mediocre journeyman CB................AND Kam was making half what Sherman and Earl were making after they signed their deals.

IMO it was bad advice, or Kam was just plain stubborn. Players have ZERO leverage with more than a year left on their deals. What his reasoning was is irrelevant to me. You signed a deal, had multiple years left on it, play and play well and you'll get your money.

Holding out? All that did was prove the Hawks right because he came back, had the same nagging injuries and didn't even play particularly well.

purpleneer

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3lliv3cj said:
No one is trading for Bruce on a franchise tag salary, so you can rule that out.
I'm not gonna say that it's a reasonable way to play out, but the salary isn't required of a team that would trade for him. They'd be free to sign him to whatever deal he would agree to, like with John Abraham. Correct me if things have changed and I'm wrong; wouldn't be anywhere near the first time.
Still not going to happen though.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Fade":3r8ysdxz said:
Bruce is UFA bruh.

Kam..... maybe.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Kam_Chancellor/status/700073775971176451[/tweet]

LOL, where's that Kam? the bench?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Again, that's regarding the boot camp. That's spin from a MB guy with clear intent. You should try to get into the media.

OP
OP
CamanoIslandJQ

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
On a site that frowns on attacking the poster, I'm seeing some "miss-understandings" in some of the responses to my original post.

-I admit, I could have worded things a lot better. However, the title says ---"even a slight possibility?"--- I feel the trade of Kam is probably more than a 50% chance of going down, especially if he makes ANY additional noise about his contract. I say that with Kam being one of my favorite players on the team. A player just can't hold out like he did and expect everything to be wine & roses the next year.

- when it comes to the Seahawks around draft/FA time, anything can happen and has happened in the past.

-For all those saying Bruce Irvin is a free agent .. RIGHT NOW............................."NFL free agency officially begins with the start of the new league year at 4 p.m. ET on Wednesday, March 9"........................This is also the deadline for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition Players. NOTE: This is "KNOWLEDGE" from a simple search of "2016 NFL draft important dates" that maybe some responders aren't fully aware of.

-The trade of Bruce, is very much only a "slight possibility" in consideration of the fact that he will be a FA after March 9th. The only reason I suggested the possibility of trading him is the fact that the 3 trade teams mentioned are coached by former Seahawks & ---IF--- they wanted Irvin, the deal could go down like the old "sign & trade" deals, I implied same when I mentioned that "Trade would require Irvin getting a new contract with his new team and the complications with same". I will say such a trade would be VERY UNLIKELY to go down, but not completely impossible --IF-- there are willing buyers AND/sellers. Maybe the rarely used transitional tag & trade? To me that would fall into the "slight possibility" category. Any way you slice it, Bruce Irvin is probably (IMO- that I'm entitled to) no longer a Seahawk and Kam could very well be gone as well. As a group, we need to see how and by whom Kam (and Bruce) are replaced, I'm sure PC/JS will come up with some good alternatives before too long.

Willyeye

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":3spfzmm5 said:
On a site that frowns on attacking the poster, I'm seeing some "miss-understandings" in some of the responses to my original post.

-I admit, I could have worded things a lot better. However, the title says ---"even a slight possibility?"--- I feel the trade of Kam is probably more than a 50% chance of going down, especially if he makes ANY additional noise about his contract. I say that with Kam being one of my favorite players on the team. A player just can't hold out like he did and expect everything to be wine & roses the next year.

- when it comes to the Seahawks around draft/FA time, anything can happen and has happened in the past.

-For all those saying Bruce Irvin is a free agent .. RIGHT NOW............................."NFL free agency officially begins with the start of the new league year at 4 p.m. ET on Wednesday, March 9"........................This is also the deadline for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition Players. NOTE: This is "KNOWLEDGE" from a simple search of "2016 NFL draft important dates" that maybe some responders aren't fully aware of.

-The trade of Bruce, is very much only a "slight possibility" in consideration of the fact that he will be a FA after March 9th. The only reason I suggested the possibility of trading him is the fact that the 3 trade teams mentioned are coached by former Seahawks & ---IF--- they wanted Irvin, the deal could go down like the old "sign & trade" deals, I implied same when I mentioned that "Trade would require Irvin getting a new contract with his new team and the complications with same". I will say such a trade would be VERY UNLIKELY to go down, but not completely impossible --IF-- there are willing buyers AND/sellers. Maybe the rarely used transitional tag & trade? To me that would fall into the "slight possibility" category. Any way you slice it, Bruce Irvin is probably (IMO- that I'm entitled to) no longer a Seahawk and Kam could very well be gone as well. As a group, we need to see how and by whom Kam (and Bruce) are replaced, I'm sure PC/JS will come up with some good alternatives before too long.

Just wanted to point out that it wouldn't be a very good idea to trade Bruce Irvin. By letting him walk, we will most likely get a 3rd round Compensatory Draft Pick, just like the one we get this year for losing Byron Maxwell last year. I just don't think any team would be desperate enough to trade anything for Irvin, given that they can sign him after March 9 if they really want him, without giving the Seahawks anything. I just don't see the wisdom for other teams to make such a trade.

Regarding Kam, I think there is a great chance that they trade him if they can find a trade partner.

Tical21

Reaction score
I haven't read the whole post but a sign-and-trade for Bruce isn't a possibility. The Seahawks would take way too much of a hit to consider anything like that. Besides, why would Bruce sign and agree to it when he is so close to starting a bidding war?

There is NO trade in the NFL that is more than a 50% proposition. Trades just don't happen. Even if a trade gets done for him, there is still no point where it is more than a 50% proposition.

I can certainly see Kam getting traded though. If he communicates that he is planning on sitting out again, I think he's gone. The Seahawks are done playing that game. With his somewhat diminished play this season, I don't think the Hawks are as bullish about keeping him. We got picked apart underneath this year in stretches, and down the seam in stretches, and a lot of that was on Kam's watch. I don't think he's going to do it though. Last year was his shot to try to cash in and now his opportunity has passed. I think he'll be there. The real question is what lingering affect there is. At this point, it might be in the best interest of the Hawks to move on.