Practice Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

drdiags

Reaction score
One of our posters put up the key dates and times. From his thread, we have the remaining dates:

http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=70890

August 31 August 31 -- Prior to 6:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must reduce rosters to a maximum of 53 players on the Active/Inactive List.

August 31 Simultaneously with the cut-down to 53, clubs that have players in the categories of Active/Physically Unable to Perform or Active/Non-Football Injury or Illness must select one of the following options: place player on Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform or Reserve/Non- Football Injury or Illness, whichever is applicable; request waivers; terminate contract; trade contract; or continue to count the player on the Active List.

September 1 Claiming period for players placed on waivers at the final roster reduction will expire at 12:00
September 1 Beginning at 12:00 p.m., New York time, clubs may establish a Practice Squad of eight players by signing free agents who do not have an Accrued Season of free agency credit or who were on the 46-player Active List for less than nine regular season games during each of any Accrued Seasons. A player cannot serve on the Practice Squad for more than three seasons.
September 1 Final day of preseason training camp for all clubs, as defined in CBA Article 23, Section 9.
September 3 After 4:00 p.m., New York time, a club is permitted to place a player on Reserve/Injured as "Designated for Return."

September 4 At 4:00 p.m., New York time, deadline for all NFL Player Contracts, Practice Player Contracts, tender offers, and miscellaneous amounts to fit within each Club’s 2013 Salary Cap, in anticipation of the midnight expiration of the Top 51 Rule.
September 5 At 12:00 a.m., New York time, the Top 51 Rule expires for all NFL Clubs.
September 5, 8-9 Regular Season opens.
September 24 Beginning on the Tuesday following the third weekend of regular season games, the claiming priority is based on the inverse order of the standing of clubs in the current season’s games.

Bromers

Reaction score
Ryan Seymour just tweeted this "Thankful for the opportunity to be back with the Seahawks. Ready to get back to work. #trulyblessed" I assume he means he's been signed to the practice squad.

BadGuy711

Reaction score
Silver Siliga just tweeted that he re-signed with the Seahawks Practice Squad. That's 2.....

cover-2

Reaction score
BadGuy711":34tc1moj said:
Silver Siliga just tweeted that he re-signed with the Seahawks Practice Squad. That's 2.....

I'm glad we could keep him on the practice squad. I thought he should have made the 53 man roster, IMO he should be Mebane's backup.

Mick063

Reaction score
Silver will get called up in an instant if the run defense proves vulnerable. Just my opinion.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Yay! Siliga made it. Given a chance I believe he could be our answer to that anchor in the middle we seem to be missing.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
I don't think their should be a limit on practice squad players , Should be able to have as many as the owners want to pay.

kearly

Reaction score
Siliga and Seymour seem like kind of a waste, they aren't really development guys, IMO. But then again, the PS has plenty of spots, so might as well.

I'm not surprised that Harper cleared waivers, just the same I'm glad he's on the PS. Powell was a pretty obvious PS guy the moment he was drafted. Of those who are left, Fat Rabbit and Michael Brooks are the most obvious PS candidates. I'd like to see Clark and Ashford get invites too.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I'd like to see a TE or two as the team will need them to practice.

McGruff

Reaction score
It used to be our PS was at least half other team's guys. It seems more and more our own guys making it. Still thin we'll see one or two slots used for unknowns.

I like Silaga on the PS because it gives us instant access to a guy who I think can contribute right away. No he's not a high ceiling guy, but if a DT goes down or we struggle against the run, it's good to have him in Seattlemto plug and,ah

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Fieldgulls.com is reporting that Cooper Helfet has been added to the PS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts