Power Rankings

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Wow a lousy 2 spots? Not sure why he is so allergic to putting them where they deserve to be which right now is between 8 and 10.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Aros":2gcu4es7 said:
Wow a lousy 2 spots? Not sure why he is so allergic to putting them where they deserve to be which right now is between 8 and 10.

Beat the Chargers and you'll get your wish, Hawks will jump into the top 10.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":5wz6f66g said:
Aros":5wz6f66g said:

I'd like to think so, but I have my doubts the needle would move that much. Excuses about how the inconsistencies of the Chargers and their weak strength-of-schedule will come up, and we'll be at #12, probably.

Now, if we can beast the Packers, Rams, and Vikes, too? :179417:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":27b5fb3m said:
Sgt. Largent":27b5fb3m said:
Aros":27b5fb3m said:

I'd like to think so, but I have my doubts the needle would move that much. Excuses about how the inconsistencies of the Chargers and their weak strength-of-schedule will come up, and we'll be at #12, probably.

Ha, oh man that'd be a run.

Power rankings are fun, but I just can't get all worked up over where we're at. 8? 10? 12? Who cares.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1ui37iom said:
Aros":1ui37iom said:

I'll bet you an avatar of choice for 1 week that after beating the Chargers we still don't make top 10 in NFL.com.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3hd2dxew said:
Ad Hawk":3hd2dxew said:
Sgt. Largent":3hd2dxew said:
Aros":3hd2dxew said:

Ha, oh man that'd be a run.

Power rankings are fun, but I just can't get all worked up over where we're at. 8? 10? 12? Who cares.

Rodney

SjYaiek

Seymour

Reaction score
Down 2 to #17 this week.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...nkings-week-10-new-orleans-saints-take-throne

Ever get the feeling Russell Wilson could win league MVP every year? Where would the Seahawks be without him? Seattle dropped a game to the Chargers on Sunday, and Wilson was far from perfect. Yet there he was, pesky as ever, placing the football between two lunging defenders -- while on the run, mind you -- and straight into David Moore's grill. Drop. Ballgame. (In Moore's defense, the pass was slightly tipped, making it an 8.0 on the difficult-catch scale.) Wilson took off on Sunday more than he has all season, using his legs to advance drives and keep the Seahawks in the game. In the end, Seattle's run defense -- the perceived strength of this group -- owns much of the blame for faltering against a verifiable contender. Those 160 rushing yards on a mere 22 attempts were the backbone of multiple scoring marches by the Chargers.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
FiveThirtyEight has the Seahawks ranked 11th:
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/20 ... redictions

I wouldn’t put any of the teams below them ahead of the Seahawks. They have Minnesota ranked 10th, and I see them as fairly equal and maybe below.

They give the Rams a 69% chance to beat the Seahawks.

Remaining probabilities after that game:
71% Seahawks beat foundering Green Bay at home in prime time.
33% chance of the upset over Carolina.
77% Seahawks’ get their 10th-consecutive win over the 49ers.
55% Seahawks edge Minnesota at home in prime time.
62% Seahawks collect another road win over the 49ers.
42% they upset Kansas City at home in prime time.
79% Seahawks complete the sweep of Arizona at home.

Elemas

Reaction score
I'd say it's about right. At this point, the NFC power rankings seem a bit "muddy". One could argue we're still in the hunt for a wildcard but, I don't think our schedule supports it.

I do think the future is bright though. We've got some great, young players who are racking up invaluable experience this season.

*edit*
Understand this is an "old" post.

LTH

Reaction score
I don't think it matters where they put us in the power rankings... the bottom line is that NFL teams respect the Seahawks as a viable threat. I don't think the Rams are looking at the power rankings... they are probably remembering getting beat up in Seattle even though they won the game, it came at a price and they haven't forgotten that...

LTH

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah the rankings are muddled and meh. Those probability percentages posted above don't look far off.

I still like our chances for the 5th or 6th wild card spot when all the dust settles.

LTH

Reaction score
Aros":24wcsqd6 said:
Yeah the rankings are muddled and meh. Those probability percentages posted above don't look far off.

I still like our chances for the 5th or 6th wild card spot when all the dust settles.

Where is the like button!! :D

Seymour

Reaction score
I was expecting to jump all over Elliot for dropping us in the poll this week but he actually surprised me. He bumped us up to #15 (up 2) from last week after a loss.

He did the right thing. That was a tough well fought game they played, and nice that others actually noticed...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ngs-week-11-packers-rise-patriots-eagles-fall

The Seahawks gave the Rams all they could handle and came up short again. Reminiscent of the days when Seattle was dominant, and Jeff Fisher's St. Louis Rams would give Pete Carroll's group all they could handle, right? On Sunday, the running game went nuts, be it via the legs of Rashaad Penny, Russell Wilson or Mike Davis -- the Seahawks revved up the ground attack 34 times for 273 yards. Wilson had attempted only 13 passes by the midway point of the fourth quarter. The QB got another opportunity at the end, with 1:35 left and no timeouts, much like in the previous week against the other guys from L.A. It wasn't to be, but Seattle remains one tough out. Put another way: The 'Hawks will be playoff spoilers for somebody.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Seymour":2idp9qcp said:
Put another way: The 'Hawks will be playoff spoilers for somebody.

Whether or not we are in as a wildcard. :p

ivotuk

Reaction score
At least people are recognizing Pete's coaching chops, but I think the fact that he has had so much continuous success, that people overlook him. :179419:

Pete Carroll has his kids playing, and it shouldn't be a reach to consider him a Coach of the Year candidate.

Carroll has never won the award, not after two playoff campaigns with the Patriots, a pair of Super Bowl appearances with the Seahawks or pushing a Seattle group that went 5-11 before his arrival to the Divisional Round in 2010. Hmm.

Latest posts