Power Rankings

Ad Hawk

Reaction score

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Browns are playing an easier schedule thus far than the Seahawks have. The Seahawks would be 4-1 at worst had they played that schedule. The bigger issue I have is that the Redskins, Lions, and Bucs are ranked ahead of the Seahawks. Sorry not buying that those teams are better than the Seahawks. Bucs and Redskins got a severe beating last time they played a football game. Then Lions beat a Packer team where most of their receivers were out. Not impressive in my book.

nutluck

Reaction score
Personally I would put the Seahawks around 12-15 range, looking at the teams ahead of them on the rankings.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
nutluck":z31fc8wo said:
Personally I would put the Seahawks around 12-15 range, looking at the teams ahead of them on the rankings.

Yes actually I would agree. This team as a whole is much better than the collective would think.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
nutluck":j4ut0a1h said:

I think this tells you how many mediocre teams there are right now in the league. There are only 4-5 very good teams, 4-5 very bad teams and everyone else is in the middle somewhere, including us.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":36gcma5z said:
nutluck":36gcma5z said:

I think this tells you how many mediocre teams there are right now in the league. There are only 4-5 very good teams, 4-5 very bad teams and everyone else is in the middle somewhere, including us.

Yeah I have to agree with that but I see us definitely trending up for sure. We will be top 10 by the end of the year, I can feel it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Aros":j5nyjv5d said:
Sgt. Largent":j5nyjv5d said:
nutluck":j5nyjv5d said:

Yeah I have to agree with that but I see us definitely trending up for sure. We will be top 10 by the end of the year, I can feel it.

Ha, I hope you're right!

Got some tough games coming up (Vikings, Packers, Rams, Chargers, Panthers)..............if we can make it to December around .500 I think we can close out strong and hopefully compete for a Wild Card.

That's the good news, other than three of the four division leaders no one's running away with anything for WC berths.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3fmhx0ha said:
Ha, I hope you're right!

Got some tough games coming up (Vikings, Packers, Rams, Chargers, Panthers)..............if we can make it to December around .500 I think we can close out strong and hopefully compete for a Wild Card.

That's the good news, other than three of the four division leaders no one's running away with anything for WC berths.

Tough schedule no doubt but these guys seem to be coming together and figuring it out. Okay, if not Top 10, sniffing it for sure by the end of the year. Wildcard is definitely in play.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Aros":32v2mc4y said:
hawknation2018":32v2mc4y said:
If Seahawks win this week, they'll be right in the thick of the Wild Card race.

:snack:

I see your popcorn man and I raise you three popcorn men.

:snack: :snack: :snack:

I'm pretty sure you only raised him by two, since the pot is now three. His one that you saw, plus the two you raised.

Also, I agree. To change it from poker to craps, when it comes to the Seahawks you should bet on the come.

D

DomeHawk

My feeling about any power ranking is that there has to be a body of work or else it doesn't amount to much more than pure speculation. Given that we are almost 1/3 of the way into the season it would seem that there is at least some semblance of that, but i probably wouldn't want to derive too much until we are halfway into the season at least.

Having said that, there is somewhat of an exception here because last week's game feels significant in that regard. The fact that we were able to put up 31 pts against that D is remarkable. There is no denying that, AND the fact that much of the success we had against them was with the run is even more remarkable. This is arguably the best D-Line in the league and we averaged 5.9 yds per carry? If you would have told me that before the game I would have suggested that you were blessed with remarkable optimism.

We also completed four passes over 30 yds, yes their secondary was banged up, but it was good to see Tyler Lockett regain his form. Those goal line stands were also very impressive. (Tedric Thompson's stop)

I would say that the ranking is probably middle-of-the-pack at this point without any more information.

Color me cautiously optimistic.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1vr5xee7 said:
nutluck":1vr5xee7 said:

Isn't this how it is every year?

sutz

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":28gsaiy6 said:
Sgt. Largent":28gsaiy6 said:
nutluck":28gsaiy6 said:

:common069: Don't tell him. He thinks he's on to something. :mrgreen:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":5mw4d6h1 said:
Sgt. Largent":5mw4d6h1 said:
nutluck":5mw4d6h1 said:

I think this year it's worse with so many 2-3, 2-2 and 3-2 teams. There are entire divisions with every team at or around .500.

But that's what the NFL wants right? Parity.

So debating on whether we're #12 or #22 in the power rankings is silly to me, cause I think there's very little difference this year.

toffee

Reaction score
I would like the team to finish this season ranking in the range of 10 to 14; ie with a remote chance of making playoff, but definitely set up nicely for the next two years.

To achieve that, our team must have winning percentage for the rest of regular season games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3lxq5ccq said:
seahawkfreak":3lxq5ccq said:
Sgt. Largent":3lxq5ccq said:
nutluck":3lxq5ccq said:

I think this year it's worse with so many 2-3, 2-2 and 3-2 teams. There are entire divisions with every team at or around .500.

But that's what the NFL wants right? Parity.

So debating on whether we're #12 or #22 in the power rankings is silly to me, cause I think there's very little difference this year.

I sort of agree but it’s the NFL. Someone has to lose.

I think we over categorize teams. Personally I think the NFL is arguably the best it’s ever been, with room to get better. Even Mitch Trubisky is on a great team right now. Watching football lately has been the first I’ve felt like most games can be a toss up. For example, we SHOULD whoop the Raiders. But they’ve shown an ability to score points. Carr is capable of a good game. The Browns can arguably compete with anybody. The Eagles have the talent to finish strong. The Giants are literally a Quarterback away from being absolute BEASTS on offense. They’re loaded at the skill positions. The Vikings still present a challenge. Cousins is capable of an amazing game. The Cowboys can be a problem next year with a stud WR and a new O-coordinator

I can go on and on, but there is indeed a lot of parity in the league and I’d be nervous to bet on most games. Even the teams with a losing record are capable of upsetting a contender. Heck, most fans think the Seahawks are done, but any team would be foolish to underestimate us on any given Sunday

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Scorpion05":btjg9vh1 said:
I can go on and on, but there is indeed a lot of parity in the league and I’d be nervous to bet on most games. Even the teams with a losing record are capable of upsetting a contender. Heck, most fans think the Seahawks are done, but any team would be foolish to underestimate us on any given Sunday

For sure. Parity IS the reason the NFL is so popular.

Any year any team can go 3-13 and turn it around and make the playoffs the next year. What other league can that happen in? Every other pro sports league is the have and have nots based on massive team salaries or who has the most stars.

That's all any sports fan asks for..............hope.

toffee

Reaction score

Seymour

Reaction score
NFL.com has us up 2 to #15 this week.

Not high enough IMO for that game's performance and being on the least coast....but progress.

You hear the phrase "flying under the radar" in sports enough to make you miss those Jimmy Johnson Extenze commercials. (Note: Please don't read the Chargers blurb.) Yet, I have to say that no team is ... flying ... uh ... is being ignored more than the Seahawks. Seattle has improved to 4-3 after starting the season with two straight losses. Front and center is Ken Norton's defense, which is fifth in points allowed per game, despite being sans Richard Sherman, Kam Chancellor and Michael Bennett. That's the same Norton whom the Raiders -- the Raiders -- didn't want. Cool.

Side note: Got a random call from John Schneider about my Eric Metcalf TBT feature from this past week. Schneider brought in Metcalf in 2001 for the then-struggling Redskins (1-5), without earning much praise from the sportswriter peanut gallery. The 12th-year pro promptly took a first-quarter punt 89 yards to the house. Washington went on a roll, winning four in a row after Metcalf joined and finishing 8-8. Moral of the story: Schneider and Pete Carroll know what they are doing

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...rankings-week-9-panthers-seahawks-on-the-rise

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Seymour":37hakt8w said:
NFL.com has us up 2 to #15 this week.

Not high enough IMO for that game's performance and being on the least coast....but progress.

You hear the phrase "flying under the radar" in sports enough to make you miss those Jimmy Johnson Extenze commercials. (Note: Please don't read the Chargers blurb.) Yet, I have to say that no team is ... flying ... uh ... is being ignored more than the Seahawks. Seattle has improved to 4-3 after starting the season with two straight losses. Front and center is Ken Norton's defense, which is fifth in points allowed per game, despite being sans Richard Sherman, Kam Chancellor and Michael Bennett. That's the same Norton whom the Raiders -- the Raiders -- didn't want. Cool.

Side note: Got a random call from John Schneider about my Eric Metcalf TBT feature from this past week. Schneider brought in Metcalf in 2001 for the then-struggling Redskins (1-5), without earning much praise from the sportswriter peanut gallery. The 12th-year pro promptly took a first-quarter punt 89 yards to the house. Washington went on a roll, winning four in a row after Metcalf joined and finishing 8-8. Moral of the story: Schneider and Pete Carroll know what they are doing

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...rankings-week-9-panthers-seahawks-on-the-rise

It's a bit ironic, then, that a Rosenthal article on their front page argues for the Hawks as a top-10 team. This tells me the popular sports media don't know what to make of this team. I think that goes for a lot of fans, too.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ightens-up