Poll: Will the Seahawks rebuild our defensive line ?

Will the Seahawks rebuild our defensive line?

• Yes, its only proper thing to do.

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • No, we can get bye with what we've got.

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nanomoz

Reaction score
They've been saying it's a priority for several years now, pass rush, specifically.

They've got to get someone to line up opposite Taylor, and a player or two that can push the pocket on the inside.

It's hard to have faith they'll do it successfully, though.

Seattle Person

Reaction score
So, you don't think a RB that has a 6.1 yards per carry and produced 1600 plus yards on his 21 season is worthy of a second round pick. A RB that is a North and South runner that catches the ball well and is a excellent pass blocker isn't worthy of our 42nd pick.

If he isn't then who is ?

I get it. There is a difference between production and projections. It's the same reason why Chris Polk lasted until the 6th or 7th rounds. I get the production but I still stand behind what I said. There's a lot of RBs with Smith's profile that can go in the later rounds. I'm not saying he's a bad player but instead saying teams are not going to look at him in the 2nd. Christine Michael went in the 2nd because he was explosive and had so many tools. Same with Penny in the first. Ideally, teams would prefer tools/traits and production. The thing that works in Smith's favor is that he converted to RB and should have more in the tank.

There are some to consider before Abram Smith. Dameon Pierce is someone that is explosive and has little wear on his legs. Florida didn't use him often. He's a lot more talented than Abram Smith. Pierce runs like the devil and is more of a 3 down back.

If you want a true speed demon, look towards Jerome Ford. He can fly and with size. He also has over 6 YPC. He's faster and has more to work with. Dude is raw but teams are going to covet him and his tools. There are others as well I would look at before Abram Smith. I would target him more in the middle rounds. After all, Alabama recruited him after limited time on his high school team. What does that say about Ford? Dude is really talented.

I love talking draft and ball! Sorry if this is long-winded.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
Seattle Person":3d1uyko2 said:
So, you don't think a RB that has a 6.1 yards per carry and produced 1600 plus yards on his 21 season is worthy of a second round pick. A RB that is a North and South runner that catches the ball well and is a excellent pass blocker isn't worthy of our 42nd pick.

If he isn't then who is ?

I get it. There is a difference between production and projections. It's the same reason why Chris Polk lasted until the 6th or 7th rounds. I get the production but I still stand behind what I said. There's a lot of RBs with Smith's profile that can go in the later rounds. I'm not saying he's a bad player but instead saying teams are not going to look at him in the 2nd. Christine Michael went in the 2nd because he was explosive and had so many tools. Same with Penny in the first. Ideally, teams would prefer tools/traits and production. The thing that works in Smith's favor is that he converted to RB and should have more in the tank.

There are some to consider before Abram Smith. Dameon Pierce is someone that is explosive and has little wear on his legs. Florida didn't use him often. He's a lot more talented than Abram Smith. Pierce runs like the devil and is more of a 3 down back.

If you want a true speed demon, look towards Jerome Ford. He can fly and with size. He also has over 6 YPC. He's faster and has more to work with. Dude is raw but teams are going to covet him and his tools. There are others as well I would look at before Abram Smith. I would target him more in the middle rounds. After all, Alabama recruited him after limited time on his high school team. What does that say about Ford? Dude is really talented.

I love talking draft and ball! Sorry if this is long-winded.

Great post SP !

I understand how you view A. Smith, hes not fast, or not your a typical RB that and being converted from LBer over to RB makes him unable to be a good back.

Try to vision a Marshaw Lynch type of running back, that can catch the ball and block. You remember Marshaw, he was the RB when we won the superbowl.

Cheers

Seattle Person

Reaction score
Try to vision a Marshaw Lynch type of running back, that can catch the ball and block. You remember Marshaw, he was the RB when we won the superbowl.

To be fair Marshawn ran in the 4.4s at the combine. He had the tools and the production in college. Hence that's why he went early. I'll admit though, I don't know too much about Abram Smith. Just watching and reading a little bit about him that does not give the impression he has the tools to go early. Great points though.