Poll: Will the Seahawks rebuild our defensive line ?

Will the Seahawks rebuild our defensive line?

• Yes, its only proper thing to do.

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • No, we can get bye with what we've got.

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chawker

Reaction score
Can we get a pass rush here in Seattle ? I believe we should draft 1 DE and 1 DT in this draft, we must improve our defensive line for next season.

What do you think ? :229031_cheers:

Seattle Person

Reaction score
I think we should sign a big time edge player. Then also sign DT like Hicks or Campbell. Bring back Al Woods. On top of that draft Devonte Wyatt in the 2nd if he's there. So to answer your question...yes we should go crazy on the d line.

Jville

Reaction score
The team has had to adjust their personnel after every season for various reasons. I see no reason as to why it will be any different this year. They certainly experimented with a variety of fronts during the last campaign. I suspect they are at a cross roads with scheme. It depends on what they learned and what they anticipate in the way of changes that next season opponents will present.

Good question and poll. :2thumbs:

toffee

Reaction score
I would sign a star DT, a 3 tech as Poona as 3 tech didn't work and we have no one ready to step in unless Collier suddenly find his mojo; and we should draft a DE as we have a few DE that could contribute some at this point.

Rat

Reaction score
We need pass rushers, although I'm not sure who we have a shot at. Maybe Emmanuel Ogbah or William Gholston would be a nice addition. Chandler Jones is out there too.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Team doesn’t need any defensive line help, they have Jamal adams.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We dump so much draft capital into the defense.

And we field one of the worst defenses.

So define 'rebuild'.

Will we have a top 5 dominant DL again under Pete?

No.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
I expect they will. But I don’t expect a big signing. Miller and Jones will probably resign with Rams and Cards. They might be interested in bringing Clowney back, but he’s been marred by injury.

I expect Green back. I think they may go after Jacob Martin again.

I would love to see them go after Gregory or Ogbah, but not sure Gregory gets out of Dallas. And if Jones, Miller, and Gregory resign, then Ogbah and Clowney probably get overpaid.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Some athleticism and pocket collapsing ability from our interior would go a long way toward making our ends look better immediately, imo.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Unfortunately with no 1st round pick, it'll be very difficult to find an impact D-lineman that can come in and be highly effective in year one.

Obviously that's happened, but it's not something I'd count on for 2023. Takes time to develop even 1st round pick into difference makers, let alone later in the draft picks.

IMO the LARGE majority of our cap space needs to be to go after a front like D-lineman. No more band aid 4-5 2nd and 3rd tier free agents.

This is the year to break the bank for a front line free agent D-lineman.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Defense finished 9th dvoa we need more help with O line which finished ranked 23rd

iigakusei

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":3awb8p9q said:
Defense finished 9th dvoa we need more help with O line which finished ranked 23rd
Could it be that both lines are terrible?

toffee

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2qe7owjh said:
They SHOULD, but will they? Not with scrubs, but with LEGIT D Line talent?

Totally!! But legit talents needs high picks or big cap space.

chris98251

Reaction score
D line help can be found all over, most high picks are QB's, OT's, WR's and then marquee DE's, 2nd round you can find quality where we will be picking in DT, DE, LB easily, especially in a draft that is said to be deep in defense. Many teams are going to hope and grab higher end Offensive talent that is limited as well, how this stuff seems to work out, pick a lesser player cause of need versus a guy that can help somewhere else.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
This is how my draft would look.

42 Abram Smith RB Baylor
72 Phildarian Mathis DT Alabama
100 Quay Walker LB Georga
107 Tyreke Smith DE Ohio st

After that maybe a LT or BPA

Cheers

Seattle Person

Reaction score
I think Abram Smith is a bit of a reach at 41 in my opinion. A player with his profile does not garner 2nd round considerations. Not very explosive and limited upside. I think he'll be a solid backup for some team out there. 2nd round is quite the investment for RBs and not sure I want to reach for Smith.

Phildarian Mathis is someone that reminds me of Rasheem Green. They play different positions but they are both really athletic and look the part. Green was more a 5-tech DE and they tried to fit him into a 3-tech rushing role. He's just not strong enough inside. Mathis looks the part but still is very raw -- just like Green was. If he can put it all together, he does have rare traits for a 3-tech DT. 3rd round projections are right for him though. He might fly up the boards after the combine but he might slide like Green did because of production and how raw he is as a player.

I really like the Georgia LBs. Walker and Tindell are both good players and will provide such great values. They played in the SEC and were under utilized because of a stack roster. They might go later than their talent. Tindell is super fast though. I would prefer him because I think he's more of a coverage LB.

Tyreke Smith intrigues me. I prefer the Seahawks to get proven guys to rush and cause trouble for the QB. I would take him based on his profile and upside. Nothing wrong with a young DE with speed.

Cheers!

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
So, you don't think a RB that has a 6.1 yards per carry and produced 1600 plus yards on his 21 season is worthy of a second round pick. A RB that is a North and South runner that catches the ball well and is a excellent pass blocker isn't worthy of our 42nd pick.

If he isn't then who is ?