Poll: What do you think will happen?

Chevy

Reaction score
Carter makes a ton of sense in both schemes.
He would be best for Pete's defense in 4-3 as opposed to Pete's 3-4. In a 3-4 defense Carter would have to 2-gap a lot more than he would as opposed to playing 3-tech in a 4-3 defense. Carter as the 3-tech in Pete's 4-3 defense will one-gap and create havoc.

CactusJack

Reaction score
He would be best for Pete's defense in 4-3 as opposed to Pete's 3-4. In a 3-4 defense Carter would have to 2-gap a lot more than he would as opposed to playing 3-tech in a 4-3 defense. Carter as the 3-tech in Pete's 4-3 defense will one-gap and create havoc.
Correct. You're right. But he's really good at both. 1-gap vs. 2-gap

He would excel in both.

massari

Reaction score
I think you're making too much out of the Reed thing. They probably thought that Tre Brown could be his replacement at the time.
They still have not only 137th overall pick Tre Brown, but Mike Jackson and a deep CB draft class this year that'll have quality talent in the middle rounds where they usually get their guys.

Letting a proven great CB like Reed leave for that amount says a lot. PC feels he can find and coach up talent without spending a ton of draft capital or money in free agency.

Reed’s zone-coverage ranks out of 90 qualified cornerbacks (min. 100 zone-coverage snaps):

Pass breakups: 5 (2nd)
Yards per target: 3.6 (1st)
Passer rating allowed: 33.6 (5th)
Yards per coverage snap: 0.40 (4th)
Completion percentage allowed: 40.0% (1st)

No other cornerback ranks top-5 in all five of those categories.

Last edited:

CactusJack

Reaction score
They still have not only 137th overall pick Tre Brown, but Mike Jackson and a deep CB draft class this year that'll have quality talent in the middle rounds where they usually get their guys.

Letting a proven great CB like Reed leave for that amount says a lot.

Reed’s zone-coverage ranks out of 90 qualified cornerbacks (min. 100 zone-coverage snaps):

Pass breakups: 5 (2nd)
Yards per target: 3.6 (1st)
Passer rating allowed: 33.6 (5th)
Yards per coverage snap: 0.40 (4th)
Completion percentage allowed: 40.0% (1st)

He played well for the Jets. I get it.

I could be wrong. But that's just my feeling at the moment. He's supposedly high on their board.

Tyree Wilson will be drafted in the top 3. Either to Houston or Arizona. From everything that I'm hearing & reading.

I believe that they will ultimately decide to pass on Carter.

I think it would be difficult to pass up Will Anderson, if he's available. But otherwise, it's fairly open. That's where I see Witherspoon as the wildcard in this thing.

It may shock some people if they take him. But John & Pete have been known to do that.

Honestly, I think we're in for one hell of a draft.

Last edited:

CactusJack

Reaction score
And played just as well for the Seahawks
If they like a guy, then they'll take him. I don't think it matters the position. John confirmed as much, on his radio show.

Derek Stingley was one of their targets & on their shortlist last year.

Reed had a great year in NY, and they obviously misjudged his market & value. It happens.

massari

Reaction score
If they like a guy, then they'll take him. I don't think it matters the position. John confirmed, on his radio show.

Derek Stingley was one of their targets & on their shortlist last year.
Smokescreen.

JS playing 4D chess with the selfies 😎

Germanhawk7

Reaction score
Trade down or pick Carter/Wilson/Anderson/Witherspoon.

I dont see us picking a QB at 5 with a big salary and our cap space and let sit him on the bench for 1-2 years.

The only way i see us picking at 5 is for an instant starter on Defense.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
And played just as well for the Seahawks

My only thing is we don’t get Tariq if we keep Reed.

Reed and Tariq play same position on same side. I suppose Tariq might’ve been able to play on the left, but his tape was already raw and played exclusively on the right in college. Hard to say what’d it’d do to his development.

And they tried Reed at LCB to detrimental effect in 2021.

massari

Reaction score
My only thing is we don’t get Tariq if we keep Reed.

Reed and Tariq play same position on same side. I suppose Tariq might’ve been able to play on the left, but his tape was already raw and played exclusively on the right in college. Hard to say what’d it’d do to his development.

And they tried Reed at LCB to detrimental effect in 2021.
They let go of a young, statistically elite CB two months before picking a 5th rounder to replace him at RCB. It worked out well, but just shows that PC feels he can find and coach up talent without spending a ton of draft capital or money in free agency.

Prior to the 2022 season:
Reed is the NFL’s highest-graded defender when lined up at right cornerback since entering the NFL in 2018, sporting an 89.8 mark. Even more impressive, he’s the fourth-highest-graded defender when lined up at right cornerback in the PFF era (since 2006). Only Casey Hayward Jr., Vontae Davis and Darrelle Revis have graded out higher.

Last edited:

Latest posts