Poll: What do you think will happen?

hoxrox

Reaction score
with the #5 overall pick.

Not what you WANT to happen, but what you THINK the FO will do?

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
if pete had more years left in the tank, i'd bet on them targeting 1 of the few QBs and looking long-term. but because of the shorter window, and defense being such a blatant deficiency, it's gotta be defense... with a decent chance at trading down.

nanomoz

Reaction score
QB. John is under contract through 2027. He will not just be thinking short term. Imagine if Geno regresses, ends up being he guy from the half-dozen games marred by turnovers.

You going to pay him $30+ million to be an average starter? No way in hell.

Then, you're effectively QB-less in 2024.

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
Here is what i think is going to happen and why.

I believe the Seahawks will NOT draft a QB at 5 nor do i think they will draft a QB at all. They know what they have in Geno Smith and Drew Lock , they like both those QBs or they wouldnt be here. They will not give up a roster spot for someone like Richardson. I believe the Seahawks believe that their system is QB friendly, that there system and their culture can make any QB that buys in and has talent successful.. They already have that in Lock and Smith.

To get to the superbowl they need to put those draft picks to STUDS on the LOS.
With all of the Qb talk with Richardson and Stroud since when do the Seahawks telegraph anything i mean think about it, Carroll is reluctant to talk about a players injury status and if a player is going to start in a game let alone telegraph a top 5 draft pick... its all posturing.
This draft is the most volitile draft I have ever seen. Look how the Seahawks have positioned themselves its a beautiful thing

I personally think their guy is Carter at 5. He is the best talent in the draft, any character issues can be handled with the leadership and culture in the locker room as well with the support staff with in the organization.

I believe the seahawks are going to go all in this year for the SB they are not looking to pick a player that has not proven him self in the college ranks ,for the future with a pick that they might not see for a very long time.

In my mind the questions are who falls to them? How much value do the Hawks see in the 2nd and 3rd round? What will they do if they find themselves, picking at 5, with 3-4 bluechip players on the board say, Stroud, Carter, Richardson and Witherspoon? Will they trade down hoping to pick up Carter and a 2nd? Would Carter get past Detroit, Atlanta and Vegas? I personally think its a high risk Carter gets past Detroit, if he even gets past AZ to 5, in which case we would be talking about probably Anderson... this is a very interesting draft...

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
I want to see Carter at 5 and Myles Murphy at 20 and for a back i like Tyjea Spears.

OP
OP
hoxrox

hoxrox

Reaction score
By moving this to the Draft forum, it deleted/disabled the poll... which is why it was posted in the main forum instead.

The Draft forum doesn't support Polls.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Unless Anderson falls to them, I think they go with Witherspoon. Gut feel.

JerHawk81

Reaction score
Tyree Wilson.

I think that he's likely to be there, at a position of emphasis, and has the length and power that will entice the coaching staff.

I'll also share that this is far from my favorite pick.

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
Amazing how tyree wilson is ALL OVER the place in the mocks from 2nd to 10th and every where in between.

Chawker

Reaction score
If they're going all in on a superbowl, then need will be there driving force. NT,RG,LB then WR,RB will be highly selected.

vonstout

Reaction score
I’ll be shocked if we don’t get one of Young, Stroud, Richardson, Anderson, Carter, or Wilson with our first pick. There is a good chance one or 2 CBs and an OT will go in the top 10. It would be awesome to see Levis and a CB go in the top 4. If there are 3-4 guys they would be happy with, they should try to trade down.
If they can trade down multiple times from #20, they should. The more picks they have from #21-#65, the better. Getting as many of the following as possible:

IOL: Torrence, Avila, JMS, Tippman,Wypler
OTs that could play Guard: Paris Johnson, Bergeron, Mauch
RB: Bijan, Gibbs
WR: Q Johnson, Smith Njigba, Flowers,Addison,Hyatt, Tillman
TE: Kincai, Mayer, Washington, Musgrave LaPorta
QB: Hooker if we don’t pick one earlier
CB: Porter, Banks, Cam Smith, Brents
DI: Kancey, Bresee, Mazi, Benton, Ika
Edge (Mix of DE and OLB) Van Ness, Nolan Smith, Murphy, Uzomah,McDonald, Ojulari, Adebewore, White,Tuipulotu,Foskey
LB : Henley, Campbell, Sanders

A few of these guys will go in the top 20, but most won’t. Almost everyone on that list has been mocked in the top 35, so I’d love trade back with both #1s and get 6 of the top 60 picks

massari

Reaction score
Unless Anderson falls to them, I think they go with Witherspoon. Gut feel.
They let DJ Reed leave for $11M APY, who excels in any coverage, but might be the best zone CB in the league. Hard to imagine them using that much draft capital and paying Witherspoon almost that amount when they seem to feel confident finding CBs in the mid/late rounds, or cheap FA/waiver wire pickups to use as a CB2. Not to mention they already have Brown and Jackson opposite Woolen.

Seems like it's between QB or pass rusher.

Last edited:

Chevy

Reaction score
If it's true Pete is going back to the 4-3 defense, then Jalen Carter make a ton of sense.

NoGain

Reaction score
I don't know. There is some real intrigue with the Hawks. I wonder if they're even completely sure given the scenarios that may play out. They could be real hair-splitted even now with situations that might present themselves. They really could go a few different directions, it seems to me. It's not obvious to me.

CactusJack

Reaction score
They let DJ Reed leave for $11M APY, who excels in any coverage, but might be the best zone CB in the league. Hard to imagine them using that much draft capital and paying Witherspoon almost that amount when they seem to feel confident finding CBs in the mid/late rounds, or cheap FA/waiver wire pickups to use as a CB2. Not to mention they already have Brown and Jackson opposite Woolen.

Seems like it's between QB or pass rusher.
Just a gut feeling. They had him in for a visit. Rumor is they love the guy. I think the QB thing is more smokescreen than real.

massari

Reaction score
Just a gut feeling. They had him in for a visit. Rumor is they love the guy. I think the QB thing is more smokescreen than real.
If we know they love Witherspoon and brought him for a visit, then other teams do as well....

Just doesn't make much sense to let Reed go then spend this amount of draft capital bringing in another CB with almost the same cap hit.

CactusJack

Reaction score
If we know they love Witherspoon and brought him for a visit, then other teams do as well....

Just doesn't make much sense to let Reed go then spend this amount of draft capital bringing in another CB with almost the same cap hit.
I think you're making too much out of the Reed thing. They probably thought that Tre Brown could be his replacement at the time. They we're also rumored to have liked Stingley quite a bit, leading up to the draft.

John kind of shot down that theory on his radio show, last week.