Votes: 10 14.1%
  • RG

Votes: 49 69.0%
  • Other

Votes: 12 16.9%

• Total voters

mrblitz

Reaction score
Does Ifedi have good hands? If so, maybe they could try him at a skill position. As a wideout or tight end for example, he would be tough for the little DBs to tackle. At running back, he'd be a real grinder, and a dual threat receiving out of the backfield.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Solari has been known to teach what some have called "power zone blocking." That features more man-up, drive blocking. He’s liked big, road grader-like guards inside, with some zone-blocking principles at center and outside with quicker, athletic tackles.

That would suggest Solari could move Germain Ifedi back to guard. Ifedi spent 2017 flailing and often failing at right tackle as the league’s most penalized player. The Seahawks’ top draft choice in 2016 played right guard as a rookie. Though Ifedi also struggled then, he wasn’t nearly the liability he often was this past season while slow to get out on the league’s fastest, best edge pass rushers.

Solari could also move 2017 rookie guard Ethan Pocic and his 6-foot-6 athleticism and versatility to tackle. Lack of strength was one of Pocic’s issues inside at guard this past season.

Solari’s system in the past has been less about thinking than the typical zone-blocking scheme that Cable and, in 2010 for Carroll, Alex Gibbs employed with the Seahawks. Solari’s been more about driving your man into the ground.

The Seahawks could use more driving guys into the ground.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nf ... 11714.html

MagnificentSeven

Reaction score
I can see Ifedi at RG and Jordan Roos at LG going into next season. I can also see them drafting another "guy" in the 4th or 5th rounds for the interior.

original poster

Reaction score
hawknation2018":pv55kb4l said:
*Credit to the venerable "originalposter" for the excellent videos on Solari discussing tackles vs guards.

You're too kind :)

For reference, I think Ifedi get's a lot of undeserved criticism, he is absolutely not anywhere near as bad as the vast majority will make you believe, very much a snowball situation where the negativity towards him has grown such momentum that people say it just because everyone else is.

I think he will 100% be a guard next season, very possibly between Brown and Britt.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Duane Brown. 6'4/6'5, 303lbs, 33 inch arm length.
Germaine Ifedi. 6'5/6'6, 324lbs, 36 inch arm length.

Don't be surprised if he stays at RT and Solari tries to fix his footwork fundamentals.

toffee

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":vip4poa5 said:

Don't be surprised if he stays at RT and Solari tries to fix his footwork fundamentals.

raw strength or measurement wasn't Ifedi's problems. I think his lack of fundamental football iq may be part of his problem ... from high school, to A&M, to Hawks he has played on OL for a long time. Quite sure coaches along the way tried to teach as much as they could. Ifedi shouldn't lack skill, but he appeared to.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
toffee":3ajue1qs said:
seahawkfreak":3ajue1qs said:

raw strength or measurement wasn't Ifedi's problems. I think his lack of fundamental football iq may be part of his problem ... from high school, to A&M, to Hawks he has played on OL for a long time. Quite sure coaches along the way tried to teach as much as they could. Ifedi shouldn't lack skill, but he appeared to.
After listening to Ray Roberts explaining how easy it is to overlook the small things in Coaching technique, Ya got to wonder if Ifedi's earlier Coaching was also inadequate, and maybe, just maybe, Solari can fill in a lot of holes for his learning process.
I think that there's a lot of "Dirt Bag" in Ifedi, that just needs to be Coached to the surface :twisted:

toffee

Reaction score
scutterhawk":15rpjqvo said:
toffee":15rpjqvo said:
seahawkfreak":15rpjqvo said:

After listening to Ray Roberts explaining how easy it is to overlook the small things in Coaching technique, Ya got to wonder if Ifedi's earlier Coaching was also inadequate, and maybe, just maybe, Solari can fill in a lot of holes for his learning process.
I think that there's a lot of "Dirt Bag" in Ifedi, that just needs to be Coached to the surface :twisted:

After listening to Solari's video, I am having this fantasy that we should have shorter Center and guards to help our QB. If our C and guards are like 6'1 or so, sure makes it easier than bunch of 6'6" dudes.

JGreen79

Reaction score
AKNFidel":1tq6ocgx said:
He’d look good on the waiver wire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He'll be on the bench or playing, to big of a cap hit to get rid of him.

daveyoung52

Reaction score
With his hero Duane and now Solari,doesnt Germaine now have better influences than 12 months ago ?So i go tackle.

Fade

Reaction score
Ifedi's fate at Tackle could very well come down to what the Hawks come away with in Free Agency. If Seattle doesn't come away with a Free Agent Tackle, I then fully expect Ifedi to be the starting RT this season.

Free Agency will reveal the answer.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I don't want to see him at guard again. He is massive, but he is not a guard. Keep him at tackle and let him "learn" some new technique.