Poll: Does It Matter Next Week?

Do you care if we win next week or not?

• Of course! Win, period!

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • Nope. This team is beyond frustrating.

Votes: 19 19.2%
  • I guess? Maybe make it in and see what happens?

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • What’s the point. Another one and done.

Votes: 31 31.3%

• Total voters

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Perhaps a decade of consecutive losing seasons might adjust a few attitudes.
Top that with Bozos buying the Hawks, turning Lumen into a giant distribution center and holding daily pressers to tell everyone how great he and the team are ala Jerruh Jones…

knownone

Reaction score
Derision is all this team deserves with the garbage they have fielded the last 5 or 6 years. I expect improvement or changes that will facilitate said improvement. Instead, it's the same bullshit every year expecting a different result.
I've enjoyed almost every season since 1999 besides '08, '09, and '21. Different perspectives, I guess.

White Devil

Reaction score
It matters.

The team just isn't that good. Everyone knows the blueprint on how to beat them and it's embarrassing, just be more physical.

That's it. This team is incredibly soft. Witherspoon plays hard, and backs up the smack talk but not may others do.

If Pete stays, he needs to mix in some bullies with the young studs he's drafted next season.

I don't understand how he let this defense get so soft.

Woolen looks like he's been playing NOT to get hurt all season.

Diggs shows up 1 game then takes 3 off. That play on the endzone where he's basically walking around is inexcusable. And I've been a Diggs fan. But time to go.

Bobby late to the play more and more as the season progressed, missing tackles like never before, getting completely washed out.

Some major changes on the Defensive side needs to happen before they start losing key pieces of an underachieving Offense.

That game sucked, especially because I can't stand losing to the stealers.

Happy New Year my Seahawk brothers!

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I’ve reached that unfortunate state of apathy. I no longer care if they win or lose next week. Thanks Seahawks.

What a drab season. 8-8 is a PTSD shell shock back to the 90’s when we couldn’t escape mediocrity to save our lives.

Here we are again. Mediocrity.

Pete needs to go. And take these lame coordinators with you.

We need a fresh infusion. Pete was a fabulous leader for years but his message and philosophy has become stale.

This team has no excuse being 8-8 regardless of injuries.
Jody Allen: We saw a lot of good football this year!
Pete Carroll: Yeah, there’s a lot we can build on for the next year!
Jody Allen: I’m excited!
Pete Carroll: We plan on doing a lot of good things! I’m so freaking jacked!
Jody Allen: Me too! I can’t wait for next season!

More of the same old same old…

Aussie Seahawk

Reaction score
Thank you, White Devil, and Happy New Year right back at you! I have read we would be in the playoffs, if the regular season was still 16 games. I know "if" is the longest word, etc, but it seemed a shame to me that the schedule got changed to 17 games.

It s a brutal game; the season was plenty long enough before the change, I thought. Also of course, all the statistics from 16 game seasons can't be directly compared to current seasons any more, FWIW. I do realise it used to be 14 games, and maybe the same was said when that got increased to 16(?)

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
I’ve reached that unfortunate state of apathy. I no longer care if they win or lose next week. Thanks Seahawks.

What a drab season. 8-8 is a PTSD shell shock back to the 90’s when we couldn’t escape mediocrity to save our lives.

Here we are again. Mediocrity.

Pete needs to go. And take these lame coordinators with you.

We need a fresh infusion. Pete was a fabulous leader for years but his message and philosophy has become stale.

This team has no excuse being 8-8 regardless of injuries.
Absolutely.

Like, is there anyone here who would have taken someone serious if, at the beginning of the season, they told you that Geno would average just about ONE TD per game with: DK, Lockett, JSN, Fanta, Dissly, Parkinson, Dallas, K9, & Charbs? 😳

Or that we would only have, what, 10 TOTAL rushing TDs as a TEAM with 1 games left? Lol it doesn't even feel real to type that mess! 🤪

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Perhaps a decade of consecutive losing seasons might adjust a few attitudes.
That is right. We Bears fans live in the memory of 1985 glory days. Makes me think of that old Bruce Springsteen song. Seahawks fans are comparatively in the infancy of their suffering.

Dallashawksfan

Reaction score
I don’t think the biggest problem is the offense. It’s been inconsistent but there were good times.
I can’t remember even one time this year I could trust this soft garbage defense

bileever

Reaction score
I was about to vote "what's the point," but changed my mind. I thought about 13 years ago when we backed into the playoffs with a 7-9 record. No one expected much, and we didn't go to the Super Bowl, but we did have the beast quake game which has got to be one of the biggest highlights in the history of the Seahawks. So I guess I'll always want to win and have a chance at one more game.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
I was about to vote "what's the point," but changed my mind. I thought about 13 years ago when we backed into the playoffs with a 7-9 record. No one expected much, and we didn't go to the Super Bowl, but we did have the beast quake game which has got to be one of the biggest highlights in the history of the Seahawks. So I guess I'll always want to win and have a chance at one more game.
Apples to oranges. Not the same.

NJHawk

Reaction score
From the first game this season I have felt like me were average at best and that about somes us up. For me it would be worse to go on a late season run showing a hint of improvement and lose in the 1st round. I hope we back in to the the playoffs but just to see another week of the Hawks, not to actually get my hopes up as a condender. We need a major shake up ( players and coaches) next year or we will just keep treading water.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Seahawks are playing like they are a box of chocolates from Forrest Gump - you don't know what team you are going to get. The Cards have been playing significantly better the past couple of weeks. Next week's game is going to be tough and I'm not sure the Seahawks D have it in them to stop the Cards right now. Just judging by how they played against a Mason Rudolph led Steelers offense.
That's the perfect analogy for this season.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
You know you have a spoiled fanbase when a chance at making the playoffs is met with the derisive "another one and done."
Dunno if spoiled is the right term. Frustrated. Wincing at the talent on D that was pissed away this season. Hopeful that the offense coulda carried them yesterday if not for that strip on Geno.

Spoiled would imply that we don't appreciate what we have/had. I don't think that's the case at all. I would apply that label to the coaching staff. But it's not like we've been to 5 NFCCGs in the last 6 years or something, and it's just 'expected' somehow.

The funny thing is: a win against the Cards is absolutely not a freaking lock. They as usual have nothing to play for, and will play us like it's their SuperBowl. And even if we get in - another poster is correct - whether it's on the road to Dallas OR Detroit - if we bring the 'product' on D that we did yesterday - we're gonna get embarassed.

So, yea, call it rinse and repeat, or one and done - being FRUSTRATED with either one and the deja vu component is probably more accurate - IMO.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Serious question…
I care about two things. We have some pride left, and don't let the ******* Cardinals win.

And that we don't lose anyone to injury on that goddamned field of theirs. I have a work acquaintance that was travelling through there a couple of months ago. When she drove by their stadium I had her flip them off. It was awesome. And it didn't matter ;)

Whether we're one and done IF we make the playoffs or not - I don't want getting curb stomped by the Cards AND losing someone to a major injury to be the final 1-2 NUT PUNCH of the season.

So, while I say I might not care - I kinda do.