Police search Ray McDonalds home, part of rape investigation

chris98251

Reaction score
The problem is that those haymakers are being thrown at the same people over and over, getting off on a technicality or a plea down doesn't mean something isn't going on, sooner or later enough haymakers get thrown one will land.

Rope a dope worked, for Ali but he wasn't unscathed, Foreman landed punches also and some that staggered.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Popeyejones":x3exok45 said:
hawksfansinceday1":x3exok45 said:
Where there's smoke, on two occasions no less, there's fire. Seems like this guy might well be very bad news.

Many here used the same idiom with the Kap/Patton/Lockette case, and with the last thing at McDonalds' house.

9ers fans used the same idiom with the nonsense charge against Lynch earlier this year, even leveraging the "multiple occasions" language about his previous legal troubles while doing so.

When we're talking about accusation of the same crime by multiple parties (e.g. Polanski, Cosby, Michael Jackson, Elvis, etc.) I think there's validity to the "smoke" thing, but when that's not the case, I think it gets thrown around a bit too liberally. Obviously just my 2 cents, though.
OK, I'll use your words as follows since you put it more succinctly:

If anything, even if this isn't true, the frequency with which McDonald's house has been the site of legal trouble involving the team makes me seriously question the cost/benefit of him remaining on the 9ers. Aldon was driving from a night of partying at McDonald's house when he crashed into the tree (down the block), McDonald's birthday party (where the last allegation came from) had clearly gotten out of control to some degree, and now there's this. Who knows if it's true or not, but I wouldn't be surprised if other players were present for this allegation as well. Even if this isn't true this other pattern is something to worry about, IMO. Ray McDonald is in his 30s now. We're not talking about a kid.

You called it a pattern, I called it smoke. Tomayto/Tomahto IMO

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2qbz7j2e said:
TBF she was correct the last time she spoke out to defend her son, although I doubt anyone anywhere takes defense from a mom as that meaningful.

A victim reported a crime, then refused to testify. An off duty cop who works for the Niners showed up and tried to clean up the mess with no charges. that hardly makes her correct last time about his innocence. No charges stuck, that doesn't mean momma was right.

Doesn't make him guilty of either possible crime. But excuse me if I don't give a crap what momma said, unless she was there.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
pehawk":3siiax13 said:
It also could be friendly ribbing too, ya know? I know in my real and online life, busting balls is a friendly gesture.

For sure, but friendly ribbing implies some degree of friendship, rapport, or at least a baseline level of mutual respect.

If I put everyone here who ribbed me on ignore I'd be left with only a couple of people to post with. :lol:

Think of it as the difference between trolling (as an activity) and being a troll. The former may or may not be ribbing (e.g. people you respond to sometimes but don't always take seriously, as they're not always being serious) whereas the latter just want your attention and can safely be put on ignore.

(AKA -- why you and I respond to each other despite giving each other crap pretty frequently, versus other people whose posts I only rarely even bother reading, and only do so because their craziness and desperation in trying to get a rise out of me is itself the entertainment).

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/545315465577635840[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MaioccoCSN/status/545315554597163008[/tweet]

pehawk

Reaction score
York will use this to hammer Harbaugh a bit too. Whatever he can do to justify firing a winning coach, he will. "Culture" and doing things with "integrity" will be said during the introductory press conference of the new coach.. Whatever can be used to deflect, York will use it.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Hey, at least they got 14 games out of him before the 2nd turd hit the fan.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3kifnznf said:
Doesn't make him guilty of either possible crime. But excuse me if I don't give a crap what momma said, unless she was there.

I will not excuse you, given that you're responding to a post in which I said we all agree that a mother's defense doesn't mean anything to anyone. You edited it out in order to create the false impression of conflict where there is none.

Scottemojo":3kifnznf said:
A victim reported a crime, then refused to testify. An off duty cop who works for the Niners showed up and tried to clean up the mess with no charges. that hardly makes her correct last time about his innocence. No charges stuck, that doesn't mean momma was right.

There was an entire police report which you either never read or are pretending to be unaware of. Again, you're trying to create conflict out of thin air. I'm not that interested. Sorry.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1qyfzfvl said:
Popeyejones":1qyfzfvl said:
hawksfansinceday1":1qyfzfvl said:
Where there's smoke, on two occasions no less, there's fire. Seems like this guy might well be very bad news.

Many here used the same idiom with the Kap/Patton/Lockette case, and with the last thing at McDonalds' house.

9ers fans used the same idiom with the nonsense charge against Lynch earlier this year, even leveraging the "multiple occasions" language about his previous legal troubles while doing so.

When we're talking about accusation of the same crime by multiple parties (e.g. Polanski, Cosby, Michael Jackson, Elvis, etc.) I think there's validity to the "smoke" thing, but when that's not the case, I think it gets thrown around a bit too liberally. Obviously just my 2 cents, though.
OK, I'll use your words as follows since you put it more succinctly:

If anything, even if this isn't true, the frequency with which McDonald's house has been the site of legal trouble involving the team makes me seriously question the cost/benefit of him remaining on the 9ers. Aldon was driving from a night of partying at McDonald's house when he crashed into the tree (down the block), McDonald's birthday party (where the last allegation came from) had clearly gotten out of control to some degree, and now there's this. Who knows if it's true or not, but I wouldn't be surprised if other players were present for this allegation as well. Even if this isn't true this other pattern is something to worry about, IMO. Ray McDonald is in his 30s now. We're not talking about a kid.

You called it a pattern, I called it smoke. Tomayto/Tomahto IMO

I said there was a pattern of parties getting out of control at Ray McDonald's house.

You suggested that him having previously not been charged with domestic battery increases the likelihood that he's a rapist.

Tomayto/Tomahto? Not really. :lol:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Throwdown":xl2qq83l said:
Homie got cut by the niners, not looking good

More to do with the P.R. disaster of the accusation and them knowing they're starting transitions anyway* than a comment on his guilt or innocence, IMO.

*(i.e. things are going to change anyway, meaning they have to be less concerned about whay his teammates think about them not sticking by him)

See, he's no longer a 9er and my feelings about his potential guilt or innocence aren't changing. :lol:

chris98251

Reaction score
This just about says a change in culture is coming, the next coach is going to be a disciplinary type that is above reproach and rule with a my way or highway mentality. The party bus in S.C. has left the building driven by Harbaugh.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":2g3unk7r said:

No, listen to Marvin . . . he's a victim of circumstances! A victim of circumstances!

Popeyejones

Reaction score
chris98251":3u2hzi17 said:
the next coach is going to be a disciplinary type that is above reproach and rule with a my way or highway mentality.

Agreed that there's a lot of intended symbolism to the move, but I don't think it will extend to what you're talking about (e.g. who you're describing isn't Tomsula, who is the likely hire, IMO).

If anything it's just rhetorical leverage to legitimize the narrative that a transition away from Harbaugh's regime is necessary.

(all this predicated on the assumption that it's too early for the 9ers to have made the move based on knowledge about the veracity of the claim).

hoxrox

Reaction score
hawknation2014":17y2mme5 said:
KitsapGuy":17y2mme5 said:

No, listen to Marvin . . . he's a victim of circumstances! A victim of circumstances!

I guess the due process argument is no longer convenient

chris98251

Reaction score
This is the precursor to justification of future decisions to be sure, the differenet direction, approach etc cliche's that we are going to start hearing.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^ Yep. If anything I'm guessing Kawakami is really annoyed right now, as this puts a monkey wrench in all of his pre-written columns about how idiotic the 9ers were for thinking they could succeed with Harbaugh, and how idiotic the Raiders are for thinking their problems could be solved by Harbaugh. The two-fer of trolling both teams and their fanbases at once had to have had him salivating. Knowing Kawakami he'll do it anyway, but stuff like this probably weakens his likelihood of getting national talking head spots while doing so.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2hkml6vy said:
^^^^ Yep. If anything I'm guessing Kawakami is really annoyed right now, as this puts a monkey wrench in all of his pre-written columns about how idiotic the 9ers were for thinking they could succeed with Harbaugh, and how idiotic the Raiders are for thinking their problems could be solved by Harbaugh. The two-fer of trolling both teams and their fanbases at once had to have had him salivating. Knowing Kawakami he'll do it anyway, but stuff like this probably weakens his likelihood of getting national talking head spots while doing so.

Because clearly Kawakami is the biggest issue here. He's such a monster. I bet he's responsible for McDonald's behavior.