Pocic / Ifedi

Leee-roy

Reaction score
A-Dog":2dg55bxa said:
THE TABS":2dg55bxa said:
I’d like to draft a guard with our #1 in April (Will Hernandez PLEASE), and put him at RG.
Not in favor of this

The "we don't invest in the OL" argument no longer holds water

Ifedi - 1st round draft pick
Brown - 1st round draft pick (traded 2nd and 3rd round picks)
Joekel - 1st round draft pick (signed as a FA for $8M APY)
Britt - 2nd round draft pick (re-signed for $9M APY)
Pocic - 2nd round draft pick

Odhiambo - 3rd round draft pick
Glowinski - 4th round draft pick

We have to develop these guys. At this point, if we can't, we probably need to re-think our blocking scheme and OL coach.

I totally agree. The whole "zone blocking " scheme seems flawed. they look like they are pass blocking on run plays.
Waiting for the defender to move across the line before you make contact. no wonder they're so bad at 3rd and 1 or 4th and a foot runs. Once again unhook the Cable.

Tinymac2

Reaction score
Leee-roy":21wpk22c said:
A-Dog":21wpk22c said:
THE TABS":21wpk22c said:
I’d like to draft a guard with our #1 in April (Will Hernandez PLEASE), and put him at RG.
Not in favor of this

The "we don't invest in the OL" argument no longer holds water

Ifedi - 1st round draft pick
Brown - 1st round draft pick (traded 2nd and 3rd round picks)
Joekel - 1st round draft pick (signed as a FA for $8M APY)
Britt - 2nd round draft pick (re-signed for $9M APY)
Pocic - 2nd round draft pick

Odhiambo - 3rd round draft pick
Glowinski - 4th round draft pick

We have to develop these guys. At this point, if we can't, we probably need to re-think our blocking scheme and OL coach.

I totally agree. The whole "zone blocking " scheme seems flawed. they look like they are pass blocking on run plays.
Waiting for the defender to move across the line before you make contact. no wonder they're so bad at 3rd and 1 or 4th and a foot runs. Once again unhook the Cable.

Draft capital is not the same as cap dollars. We've invested about 1,350DC in Ifedi, Britt, Glow, Pocic, Fant, and Odhiambo or about 1/2 what the Eagles invested for their RT. That seems lite to me.

Shouldn't we give Cable at least 1 game, maybe even the rest of the season, with DB, LJ, JB, ??, GI playing before calling for his head?

Pocic shows promise and I hear he can Kick (joke). It would be nice to see Ifedi further along.