Pleased with the focus on DL now

McGruff

Reaction score
HawkFan72":v4i05z4l said:
Williams was a late signing last year and he'll be a late signing this year. He will only want to play for a contender, so his potential teams list is limited too.

I hope the Hawks bring him back, he was a great depth piece, a leader, and I want him to have another shot at a ring. For some reason I felt really bad for him the most after the Super Bowl. He probably thought he was finally going to win one until that final play. He stepped up huge for the Hawks last year and we could use the depth this season.

I wouldn't expect him to sign anywhere until June at the earliest.

I actually hope the Hawks don't want him back, because that will mean they have addressed the need with younger, higher upside players.

But if they don't, he's certainly proved he's still got some skills.

OP
OP
Hyak

Hyak

Reaction score
I'm more concerned about DE than DT personally assuming Mebane and Hill are back. Kevin Williams would be fine to fill the role they had for him last year before the Mebane injury. That said, he may not want to play so who knows.

Hawksfanatik

Reaction score
There are rumors of Tampa Bay having interest in Hardy. I wonder if they sign him if they would have any inclination to trade Clinton McDonald back to us?

I know Hardy is a DE, but its possibly he could play inside in a pinch. I would love to have McDonald back. We miss him.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Uggh I think we now know why all the D line interest. Possible Mike Bennett replacements.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":3rm0spdk said:
Uggh I think we now know why all the D line interest. Possible Mike Bennett replacements.

Or the Hawks want to add depth to the position to make the line rotation more like 2013. Pete has always said you can never have enough pass rushers. When good ones are available, the Seahawks are going to kick the tires.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Focus is great, but it doesn't mean doodly squat if we don't actually sign or draft anyone of significance.

That's right I said doodly!

OP
OP
Hyak

Hyak

Reaction score
I can almost assure you that if they don't focus on replenishing the DL with a good rotation, they won't be hoisting another Lombardi even with a seemingly improved offense and a great back 7.

Good QB's will have success if they have time to throw. Our last 2 playoff losses are exhibits a and b.