Playoff opposition

Nearpost

Reaction score
It looks like we will be getting at least a number 2 seed, and have a good shot at a number one.

Just supposing we get the number one, do we have any preference as to who we play? I raised the subject of postseason experience last week, and my belief that it is our only weakness. You all disagreed with me, saying we have plenty of playoff experience, but I would not like to face a team like the giants, or in the sb, if we were blessed with a chance to play in it, the patriots.

These organizations, even as the rosters turn over, have scary play off pedigrees.

Eagles, Saints, Denver. Would suit me should we have the great good fortune to go all the way.

stack600

Reaction score
I just have premenition Dec 8th. might not be the last time we see the 49ers this year(Who belives in the 3 game curse ?) Play a team 3 times=2 out of 3? It has happened before I know with the Rams. Let us beat em all, all the way to the end. but it would be nice if someone else knocked the 9ers out

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Panthers, Lions and Saints are the primaries. SF, And even AZ are still alive. And you can seemingly never count out the NYG.

rsm650

Reaction score
Just not the Giants...Not the Giants...Not the Giants...

We'll likely beat them in a few weeks. However, they recently have had a knack of beating teams they were supposed to lose against in the playoffs like the 15-1 #1 seeded Packers in 2012 or the 13-3 #1 seeded Cowboys in 2008 (don't forget the 18-0 Pats). This season, they started 0-6 and Coughlin got put on the hot seat...I don't know I just don't want to play them in the playoffs!

jblaze

Reaction score
Pretty early to call but it looks like the Panthers and the 49ers in the wild cards. I tend to think we'll see one of those two in the NFC championship. Either way, those defenses are pretty tough but their offenses will struggle against us. Very low scoring games but I like our defense to pull it out in the end.

JonRud

Reaction score
I would take the Giants in a heartbeat we would destroy them in Seattle.

I would take Carolina in the first game no way Cam beats us in our house. Before yesterday I was thinking maybe Detroit for the NFC Championship but after what I saw there is no way they are winning a road playoff game in New Orleans.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Nearpost":332f9pmf said:
It looks like we will be getting at least a number 2 seed, and have a good shot at a number one.

Just supposing we get the number one, do we have any preference as to who we play? I raised the subject of postseason experience last week, and my belief that it is our only weakness. You all disagreed with me, saying we have plenty of playoff experience, but I would not like to face a team like the giants, or in the sb, if we were blessed with a chance to play in it, the patriots.

These organizations, even as the rosters turn over, have scary play off pedigrees.

Eagles, Saints, Denver. Would suit me should we have the great good fortune to go all the way.

You worry about postseason experience, but want the Saints and Denver? :|

CANHawk

Reaction score
As long as we keep going 1-0 every week, it doesn't matter who we face. Bring on anyone, I'm not scared of any of them. Things are starting to click just in time to make an epic run. If it works out that we get BB and probably Scruggs back for the playoffs... we'll be alright. Hell, we'll be alright without them. This team be deep yo!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
CANHawk":22i2f9o2 said:
As long as we keep going 1-0 every week, it doesn't matter who we face. Bring on anyone, I'm not scared of any of them. Things are starting to click just in time to make an epic run. If it works out that we get BB and probably Scruggs back for the playoffs... we'll be alright. Hell, we'll be alright without them. This team be deep yo!

^^ and it is just another game. Get the uniform on and go greet ya fans...:)

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
It'll be the Saints, Panthers, Lions, Niners and a representative from the NFCLeast - possibly Philly, probably Dallas. Ninnies will be the 6th seed, meaning a trip to Detroit where that defense should easily scare the Krap out of Kraperdink and bye bye Farty Whiners. Panthers will dispatch the representative from the NFCLeast. That means if we beat the Saints in two weeks, Cam and that defense come to Seattle just like he said they would after game one. Will be a great game, but I don't see them beating us at home. Lions will not beat the Saints in NO. OTOH, if the Saints beat us in two weeks, then the Lions will come to Seattle and that doesn't sound as tough as Carolina. Then, we either travel to NO or they come back to us.

The Outfield

Reaction score
The Panthers' D is scary. But as long as we have home field, I think the chances are well with any team.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I honestly don't care who we play. All the teams in the pool have the potential to beat us. I think we're the best team, but all those teams present their own challenges.

Erebus

Reaction score
Since rejoining the NFC in 2002, we've played eight different NFC teams in the playoffs (GB (x2), STL, WAS (x3), CAR, DAL, CHI (x2), NO, ATL) and beat four of them, including Washington three times. I don't know if anyone else shares this dream with me, but I'd like to see us beat every NFC team in the playoffs. Doing so would take years of domination, and we would cement ourselves as one of the best franchises in the NFC.

So, since we can beat anyone this year, I'd rather play someone we haven't beat in the playoffs yet. That means I don't want to play the Panthers, Saints, Redskins, or Cowboys (but a victory over the Redskins would be very satisfying). The next likeliest candidates this year are the Lions, Eagles, 9ers, and Cards. So I want to play two of those teams and cross them off the list.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The 49ers won't make the playoffs IMO.

We will get HFA. So the 1 seed will see the 4, 5 or 6. That would be the NFC East champ or a wild card team. I like our chances against any of those teams.

rjdriver

Reaction score
stack600":3dusjhb2 said:
I just have premenition Dec 8th. might not be the last time we see the 49ers this year(Who belives in the 3 game curse ?) Play a team 3 times=2 out of 3? It has happened before I know with the Rams. Let us beat em all, all the way to the end. but it would be nice if someone else knocked the 9ers out

Happened to us in 83'

Beat the Raiders twice in the regular season and then were beat convincingly i the AFCCG

Latest posts