Playoff calculator

RiverDog

Reaction score
nutluck":3eqmhgps said:
RiverDog":3eqmhgps said:
There's another factor in the equation that you overlooked: Russell Wilson.

If Pete is retained, will Russell stick around, too? Or will he demand a trade? And if so, which one of the two goes, or do both of them leave?

It's just one of a number of uncertainties following a season like ours. A lot of teams have gone through similar mystery moments, but we haven't had to go through it like this since 2009, the Mora year.

If Pete stays I don't think the Hawks trade him, Russel might ask but the Hawks don't have to do it unless Rus is willing to sit out a whole season and I just don't see him doing that. He is to much of a competitor IMHO to be willing to sit it out. Which means both could stay and a rift happens which would be bad, but if Pete stays I really think Rus does as well. I only think Rus gets traded if Pete goes and the new HC wants to blow it all up. trade a lot of players to acquire a lot of picks and then go get his type guys, that fit the scheme he wants to play. I might be wrong, we will see in a few months

Interesting. I actually feel the opposite, that if Pete stays, that Russell would be more likely to want out, and if Pete leaves, that Russ may be more inclined to stay so long as he has input on who the new HC is.

In any event, it's going to be a very interesting offseason for us, one of the more intriguing in quite a while. And as I mentioned in another thread, there is some motivation for teams to dismiss their HC's before the end of the regular season as they can start talking to other team's assistants as early as Week 17 so long as they have a definite vacancy. There's currently two openings, the Jags and Raiders, and teams like the Bears and others with coaching hot seats may not want to give those two teams a chance to talk to the most lucrative HC coaching prospects weeks before they can.

nutluck

Reaction score
RiverDog":v0oijuwu said:
Interesting. I actually feel the opposite, that if Pete stays, that Russell would be more likely to want out, and if Pete leaves, that Russ may be more inclined to stay so long as he has input on who the new HC is.

In any event, it's going to be a very interesting offseason for us, one of the more intriguing in quite a while. And as I mentioned in another thread, there is some motivation for teams to dismiss their HC's before the end of the regular season as they can start talking to other team's assistants as early as Week 17 so long as they have a definite vacancy. There's currently two openings, the Jags and Raiders, and teams like the Bears and others with coaching hot seats may not want to give those two teams a chance to talk to the most lucrative HC coaching prospects weeks before they can.

I get that and it could happen and i totally agree I think Russ would want out, but the hawks don't have to trade him if they don't want too. The only leverage Russ has is if he says he will sit out the season and I just don't think he would. I don't think Pete will want to start over at QB which is the hardest position to find. Especially since I think he is feeling the heat a bit and getting a new QB is a huge risk for a bad season.

While I think any HC coming in will likely want to keep Russ as well. Truth is I don't think Russ gets traded, but I just think the most likely chance of it is if a new HC comes in and wants a total rebuild. Russ won't stick around and resign for that I don't think, so they could trade him now to get draft picks while they can.

But yeah it is going to be a interesting off season. I think it will be very telling if Pete is here the day after the season ends. If he is I think he stays for next year.

RiverDog

Reaction score
nutluck":6ifz34tz said:
I get that and it could happen and i totally agree I think Russ would want out, but the hawks don't have to trade him if they don't want too. The only leverage Russ has is if he says he will sit out the season and I just don't think he would. I don't think Pete will want to start over at QB which is the hardest position to find. Especially since I think he is feeling the heat a bit and getting a new QB is a huge risk for a bad season.

While I think any HC coming in will likely want to keep Russ as well. Truth is I don't think Russ gets traded, but I just think the most likely chance of it is if a new HC comes in and wants a total rebuild. Russ won't stick around and resign for that I don't think, so they could trade him now to get draft picks while they can.

But yeah it is going to be a interesting off season. I think it will be very telling if Pete is here the day after the season ends. If he is I think he stays for next year.

If Russell wants out, I don't think that the Hawks have any choice but to do what they can to accommodate his wishes. It would be a huge PR disaster for them and letting him play out his contract would negate any trade possibility. Plus there's the question of his diminishing performance. He hasn't played consistently well for over a year, especially since he's returned from his injury. Suppose his finger has permanently affected his throwing motion?

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
RiverDog":2vdqclwb said:
LTH":2vdqclwb said:
Yeah it's over... But I'm close to being done with the NFL because of the officiating. If they fire Carroll, I'm done for sure... Carroll was really special to me...

The Hawks lost me when they fired Holmgren...MLB lost me after they fired Sweet Lou. Basketball lost me when they sold the Sonics and moved the team. This board is getting stupid with the exception of you and a few others.. Just a matter of time I suppose

LTH

Neither Sweet Lou or Holgren were fired. Lou had some major disagreements with the FO, decided to quit and go back to his hometown and manage Tampa Bay. Holmgren willingly cut bait on the last year of his contract. The Sonics leaving was the final nail in the coffin for me as the league didn't seem interested in marketing their product to my age group, so I turned to college basketball. The last time I watched an NBA game from buzzer to buzzer was when Michael Jordan and the Bulls beat the Utah Jazz and Stockton/Malone for the championship.

Like I said in another thread, I don't think Pete actually gets fired. My gut feel is that if he does leave, a 50/50 prospect at this point, that he'll retire or resign. Pete seems to me to be a very proud person, especially proud of what he's done here, and I don't think the extra money he'd get by Allen having to pay off his contract would be worth the shame he'd feel by being fired. I have no tangible evidence to base my opinion on, it's just a gut feel.

It's a bad time for Seahawks football. We're out of the playoff hunt and have been guaranteed our first losing season in a decade, there's huge question marks about our star quarterback and our head coach, and we have an owner who cherishes her privacy and is a huge mystery to nearly all of our fans. Love him or loathe him, Jerry Jones is anything but private or mysterious. All this indecision and uncertainty creates anxiety for all of us Seahawk fans. But we've been through worse.

I'm not a deeply religious man, but from time to time, I do find it helpful to repeat to myself my favorite prayer to help alleviate the type of stress you're relating here: God grant me the Courage to change the things that I can, the Serenity to accept the things I can't change, and the Wisdom to tell the difference between the two."

There's not much you or me can do about the officiating. It is what it is.

LOL, I appreciate your concern but I'm not under any stress...

I just don't like what's happening. Usually, I can enjoy a game whether the Hawks win or lose and i don't get upset really cause it's just a game...ultimately it means nothing. This one pissed me off. even though part of it is the Hawks just missed some opportunities and ultimately, they lost because of it, I understand this is part of it. I have a real problem when I perceive there to be a lack of integrity. Some may not agree with me and that's fine.

As far as Carroll is concerned, I really think this year has been an example of a great coaching job. The way this D started out was horrific. This coaching staff turned this D around. This is a formidable D. They went into LA starting back up corners and only gave up 20 points, 244 yards passing, 123 on the ground, sacking Stafford 4 times for 35 yards while losing the TOP 24.54 to 35.06. while absorbing Horrific calls... this to me is a really good D performance. I'm unsure what more one can expect from a coaching staff...

On the O side of the ball the O line had a great game against one of the best D lines in the game they did give up 3 sacks, but they were also without Shell. Curhan Played well.

Wilson missed some throws not sure why.

So, I look at this season and with the injury to Wilson, the New OC and offense I don't see a reason why Carroll should be fired. If it happens, I'm done...

As far as Holmgren is concerned there is a whole back story to what happened that was unpublished that I just happened to stumble onto. We could talk about that some time in PM if you're interested.

LTH

RiverDog

Reaction score
LTH":2pqq1xoi said:

I just don't like what's happening. Usually, I can enjoy a game whether the Hawks win or lose and i don't get upset really cause it's just a game...ultimately it means nothing. This one pissed me off. even though part of it is the Hawks just missed some opportunities and ultimately, they lost because of it, I understand this is part of it. I have a real problem when I perceive there to be a lack of integrity. Some may not agree with me and that's fine.

As far as Carroll is concerned, I really think this year has been an example of a great coaching job. The way this D started out was horrific. This coaching staff turned this D around. This is a formidable D. They went into LA starting back up corners and only gave up 20 points, 244 yards passing, 123 on the ground, sacking Stafford 4 times for 35 yards while losing the TOP 24.54 to 35.06. while absorbing Horrific calls... this to me is a really good D performance. I'm unsure what more one can expect from a coaching staff...

On the O side of the ball the O line had a great game against one of the best D lines in the game they did give up 3 sacks, but they were also without Shell. Curhan Played well.

So, I look at this season and with the injury to Wilson, the New OC and offense I don't see a reason why Carroll should be fired. If it happens, I'm done...

As far as Holmgren is concerned there is a whole back story to what happened that was unpublished that I just happened to stumble onto. We could talk about that some time in PM if you're interested.

LTH

Glad you're not swearing off Seahawks football. :D I'd be delighted to hear what kind of inside information you might have on the Walrus.

Russell's missed quite a few throws since he's returned, and it's very concerning. This was his 6th game back since returning from IR, so it can't be rust. Is his finger still bothering him? Is it something that will improve with time or has it permanently affected his throwing? I had a friend who broke his middle finger on his right hand and he claims that he was never again able to shoot a basketball as he had prior to his injury. It's something we need to pay attention to.

Your POV of our overall game is definitely the glass half full look. The glass half empty part is that we were outgained and had fewer first downs by a 3-2 margin, had the ball for 10 fewer minutes, had 4 three and out's (counting one failed 4th down attempt), were just 3-11 on third down, and forced the Rams to punt just once in the 2nd half while giving up two 80+ yard scoring drives.

Although it was an admirable performance that was not reflective of nearly mirror opposite W/L records, we got beat by the better team, the officiating notwithstanding.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
RiverDog":rw04mtqc said:
LTH":rw04mtqc said:

LTH

Glad you're not swearing off Seahawks football. :D I'd be delighted to hear what kind of inside information you might have on the Walrus.

Russell's missed quite a few throws since he's returned, and it's very concerning. This was his 6th game back since returning from IR, so it can't be rust. Is his finger still bothering him? Is it something that will improve with time or has it permanently affected his throwing? I had a friend who broke his middle finger on his right hand and he claims that he was never again able to shoot a basketball as he had prior to his injury. It's something we need to pay attention to.

Your POV of our overall game is definitely the glass half full look. The glass half empty part is that we were outgained and had fewer first downs by a 2-1 margin, had the ball for 10 fewer minutes, had 4 three and out's (counting one failed 4th down attempt), were just 3-11 on third down, and forced the Rams to punt just once in the 2nd half while giving up two 80+ yard scoring drives.

Although it was an admirable performance that was not reflective of nearly mirror opposite W/L records, we got beat by the better team, the officiating notwithstanding.

What you're saying is right they did give up 2- 80yard drives., but the D played well enough to win the game especially with the backup corners. Wilson hits that bomb to Metcalf like he usually does and then we get that call on Dallas you're looking at a different game. can't deny that even though I know yoiur going to LMAO!!

LTH

nutluck

Reaction score
RiverDog":zbuc2zcq said:
If Russell wants out, I don't think that the Hawks have any choice but to do what they can to accommodate his wishes. It would be a huge PR disaster for them and letting him play out his contract would negate any trade possibility. Plus there's the question of his diminishing performance. He hasn't played consistently well for over a year, especially since he's returned from his injury. Suppose his finger has permanently affected his throwing motion?

Maybe we will see but look how things went for the Texans, now Russ I don't think would sit out. Rogers also obviously wanted out of GB and he is still there. I think that is short sighted by the team, I think the Lions made a better choice. Trade a player that wants out and get something instead of eventually getting nothing when they refuse to resign and just walk. Will the Hawks be smart like the lines or make the mistake of the Texans? I am leaning towards the later especially if Pete stays but as I said we will see, maybe you will be right.

RiverDog

Reaction score
LTH":yony72uv said:
What you're saying is right they did give up 2- 80yard drives., but the D played well enough to win the game especially with the backup corners. can't deny that even though I know yoiur going to LMAO!!

LTH

The average scoring total for an NFL game is 40.6 points, meaning that if a defense surrendered 20 points a game, mathematically they'd win half of the games played. That's right about where I peg this team, a .500ish team.

"Wilson hits that bomb to Metcalf like he usually does and then we get that call on Dallas you're looking at a different game."

And if your aunt had balls, she'd be your uncle. I'm sure a Rams fan could find similar "what if "situations.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
RiverDog":2fhvpvt3 said:
LTH":2fhvpvt3 said:
What you're saying is right they did give up 2- 80yard drives., but the D played well enough to win the game especially with the backup corners. can't deny that even though I know yoiur going to LMAO!!

LTH

The average scoring total for an NFL game is 40.6 points, meaning that if a defense surrendered 20 points a game, mathematically they'd win half of the games played. That's right about where I peg this team, a .500ish team.

"Wilson hits that bomb to Metcalf like he usually does and then we get that call on Dallas you're looking at a different game."

And if your aunt had balls, she'd be your uncle. I'm sure a Rams fan could find similar "what if "situations.

I think this team is better than .500. I think Wilson getting hurt was what ultimately killed their chances because He has not been the same since.

98 percent of the time he hits that Bomb to Metcalf. he was even short to Dallas on the PI no call. if he would have hit Dallas in stride like he normally would have it would have been a TD...Wilson still ain't right

The game plan was there both offensively and defensively although I would have liked to see them run more but again lack of opportunity as time of possession was way in favor of the rams like 14-15 minutes something like that...

They coached up those corners Good... Norton has done a great job with this D but what your missing is the Seahawks are giving up less than 17 points a game... the Ram average way over 20 points a game. the last Ram FG was because that no call PI.. the last Ram TD was because of the penalty on Austin which is CLEARLY BS... I'm mean look close at the play and tell me that was Defensive holding...Austin was playing great physical D that's textbook Carroll DB play... not a penalty. So, Seahawks had them stopped cold. they got ripped off no question about it both the PI call against Dallas and the defensive holding call against Austin steered the game to LA and killed Seattle's chances to make the playoffs there is no other way to look at it.

Normally a coach is going to not call out horrible officiating they are going to say there are other reasons they lost the game and thats true but, the game was influenced by the refs and that's just the truth of it...

I don't see how this game could ever be put on Carroll... I just don't just as much as I don't see how the season should be put on Carroll sometime there are circumstances that cannot be overcome and sometimes the best coaching jobs are not in a winning season and that's just the truth...

LTH

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
WAIT RIVERDOG... LOL

there is still a chance the hawks make the playoffs I found another avenue I didn't know about correct me if i'm wrong

Niners lost to the titans tonight

here it is
Week 16

falcons beat Lions
Bucs beat Panthers
Rams beat the Vikings
Eagles beat the Giants
Seahawks beat the Bears
Cowboys beat WFT
Dolphins beat the saints

Week 17

Bills beat the falcons
Saints beat the panthers
eagles beat WFT
Texans beat the niners
seahawks beat the lions
Packers beat the vikings

Week 18

Falcons beat the saints
Bears beat the vikings
WFT beats the giants
Cowboys beat the eagles
seahawks beat the cards
Rams beat the 49ers

If it goes down like this, we will get in... so no I haven't given up yet, I just didn't see this

LMAO!!!!

LTH

flv

Reaction score
RiverDog":33cycj7r said:

The combined 32-team NFL regular season points total for 2020 was 12692 points, an average of 49.58 points per game.

RiverDog

Reaction score
flv":1r0jyb0u said:
RiverDog":1r0jyb0u said:

The combined 32-team NFL regular season points total for 2020 was 12692 points, an average of 49.58 points per game.

Alright, it you want to be picky, I added up the average points per game for each of the 32 teams to date in the 2021 season then divided by 32 and came up with this result:

22.78125 points per game per team.

Here's the link if you want to check my math:

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/points-per-game

It's not going to significantly change my assertation, that holding another team to 20 points isn't worth busting your buttons with pride over.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
LTH":2njieo2b said:
WAIT RIVERDOG... LOL

there is still a chance the hawks make the playoffs I found another avenue I didn't know about correct me if i'm wrong

here it is
Week 16

falcons beat Lions
Bucs beat Panthers
Rams beat the Vikings
Eagles beat the Giants
Seahawks beat the Bears
Cowboys beat WFT
Dolphins beat the saints

Week 17

Bills beat the falcons
Saints beat the panthers
eagles beat WFT
Texans beat the niners
seahawks beat the lions
Packers beat the vikings

Week 18

Falcons beat the saints
Bears beat the vikings
WFT beats the giants
Cowboys beat the eagles
seahawks beat the cards
Rams beat the 49ers

If it goes down like this, we will get in... so no I haven't given up yet, I just didn't see this

LMAO!!!!

LTH

I watched Thursday night football last night and they had shown the playoff picture in NFC, they had put the Seahawks still in the "in the hunt" category.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...-week-15-of-2021-season/ar-AARXK2Y?li=BBnbfcL.

Weird things have occurred this season so it wouldn't be shocking in the least. However with the way the ball has bounced for the Seahawks this season....it may be too little too late if they end up winning out.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
hawkfan68":13elkes7 said:
LTH":13elkes7 said:
WAIT RIVERDOG... LOL

here it is
Week 16

falcons beat Lions
Bucs beat Panthers
Rams beat the Vikings
Eagles beat the Giants
Seahawks beat the Bears
Cowboys beat WFT
Dolphins beat the saints

Week 17

Bills beat the falcons
Saints beat the panthers
eagles beat WFT
Texans beat the niners
seahawks beat the lions
Packers beat the vikings

Week 18

Falcons beat the saints
Bears beat the vikings
WFT beats the giants
Cowboys beat the eagles
seahawks beat the cards
Rams beat the 49ers

LMAO!!!!

LTH

I watched Thursday night football last night and they had shown the playoff picture in NFC, they had put the Seahawks still in the "in the hunt" category.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...-week-15-of-2021-season/ar-AARXK2Y?li=BBnbfcL.

Weird things have occurred this season so it wouldn't be shocking in the least. However with the way the ball has bounced for the Seahawks this season....it may be too little to late if they end up winning out.

I agree, I think its probably over... but there is still a chance... I'm not surprised at all if we see another poorly officiated game. All year long we have been getting gashed no reason for that to stop now.

LTH