Playoff calculator

nutluck

Reaction score
Gio":1fr73pcx said:
This division is messed up lol any update on our Playoff percentage based on the latest results ?? Our division it’s on fire for sure and Seahawks must win all the games. But what else do we need in order to clinch ?

With the 9er's, Saints and Vikings winning it hurt the odds. All two of those three teams now need to lose 2 or their last 3 and the Hawks still win out to have a chance, plus have to hope WTF also loses today, though if they lose and the Eagles win they would also still be ahead of the Hawks and currently hold a tie breaker over us as well. I don't know what the percentage would be but very low at this point.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Using your playoff calculator, following the Vikings win over the Bears last night our overall chances of making the playoffs are now 1% and if you assume that we win out, they're 26%.

Not bad odds if you're considering buying a $1.00 lottery ticket.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
nutluck":24uedsiu said:
Gio":24uedsiu said:
This division is messed up lol any update on our Playoff percentage based on the latest results ?? Our division it’s on fire for sure and Seahawks must win all the games. But what else do we need in order to clinch ?

With the 9er's, Saints and Vikings winning it hurt the odds. All two of those three teams now need to lose 2 or their last 3 and the Hawks still win out to have a chance, plus have to hope WTF also loses today, though if they lose and the Eagles win they would also still be ahead of the Hawks and currently hold a tie breaker over us as well. I don't know what the percentage would be but very low at this point.

Well maybe... but In my scenario for the Hawks to make the play offs, the game that made it tougher was the Saints losing to the Bucs. I had the Niners winning and the Vikings winning... major games next are the Hawks vs the Rams and the Eagles vs WFT in which I have the Eagles and the Hawks.

The problem is going to be the Saints. We really needed the Bucs to win that game. Now we need either the Dolphins or the Panthers to beat the Saints in New Orleans not likely from my perspective...and the Falcons to beat the Saints in Atlanta for my scenario to come true.

In my senerio the Rams the 49ers the cards and the Seahawks all make the playoffs

The only other way I see the Hawks making the play offs with the Saints winning out is if the Niners lose to the Titans and the Rams in week 17 and 18 which could happen.. of course this is assuming the Hawks win out.

Week 15
Seahawks beating the Rams in LA
Eagles beating WFT in Philly

week 16
Rams have to beat the Vikings in Minn
Eagles beating the Giants in NY
Cowboys beating WFT in Dallas
Niners losing to the Titans in TN
Saints beating the Dolphins is NO
Seahawks beating the Bears in SEA

Week 17
Saints beat the panthers in NO
WFT beats the eagles in Wash
49ers beat the texans in SF
Seahawks beat the lions in SEA
GB beats the vikings in GB

Week 18
Saints beat the Falcons in Atlanta
Vikings beat the Bears in MN
Cowboys beat the Eagles in philly
WFT beats the giants
Seahawks beat the cards in AZ
Rams beat the 49ers in LA

The Hawks victory in SF is huge...

The problem is I don't think the Niners are going to lose to the titans or the Rams but it's possible

LTH

RiverDog

Reaction score
LTH":2em15eee said:
In my senerio the Rams the 49ers the cards and the Seahawks all make the playoffs

The only other way I see the Hawks making the play offs with the Saints winning out is if the Niners lose to the Titans and the Rams in week 17 and 18 which could happen.. of course this is assuming the Hawks win out.

The Seahawk victory in SF was HUGE

LTH

You're forgetting about WFT and the Eagles. If one of those two teams sweep the pair games they have left to play each other, then all either of them have to do is beat the Giants.

We'll see how we do here in a couple of hours, but at this point, you're just whistling in the graveyard if you think we have even a decent shot at making the playoffs.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
RiverDog":1a8a4l0h said:
LTH":1a8a4l0h said:

LTH

You're forgetting about WFT and the Eagles. If one of those two teams sweep the pair games they have left to play each other, then all either of them have to do is beat the Giants.

We'll see how we do here in a couple of hours, but at this point, you're just whistling in the graveyard if you think we have even a decent shot at making the playoffs.

I mean it;s my job to hope.. right? LOL I'm just hoping the Hawks beat the Rams everything is riding on the game tonight

LTH

nutluck

Reaction score
LTH":1wo2h3e2 said:
Well maybe... but In my scenario for the Hawks to make the play offs, the game that made it tougher was the Saints losing to the Bucs. I had the Niners winning and the Vikings winning... major games next are the Hawks vs the Rams and the Eagles vs WFT in which I have the Eagles and the Hawks.

The problem is going to be the Saints. We really needed the Bucs to win that game. Now we need either the Dolphins or the Panthers to beat the Saints in New Orleans not likely from my perspective...and the Falcons to beat the Saints in Atlanta for my scenario to come true.

Week 15
Seahawks beating the Rams in LA
Eagles beating WFT in Philly

week 16
Rams have to beat the Vikings in Minn
Eagles beating the Giants in NY
Cowboys beating WFT in Dallas
Niners losing to the Titans in TN
Saints beating the Dolphins is NO
Seahawks beating the Bears in SEA

Week 17
Saints beat the panthers in NO
WFT beats the eagles in Wash
49ers beat the texans in SF
Seahawks beat the lions in SEA
GB beats the vikings in GB

Week 18
Saints beat the Falcons in Atlanta
Vikings beat the Bears in MN
Cowboys beat the Eagles in philly
WFT beats the giants
Seahawks beat the cards in AZ
Rams beat the 49ers in LA

The Hawks victory in SF is huge...

The problem is I don't think the Niners are going to lose to the titans or the Rams but it's possible

LTH

All possible, but honestly as much as I would love to see the Hawks get in, I just honestly don't think they will beat both the Rams and Cards. Not when both teams will possible be playing for either a playoff spot or a higher seed. I don't see any team resting starters this year.

I am also not convinced the Rams beat the 9er's. The 9er's just have the Rams number and there is a good chance they will be playing for a playoff seed and the Rams are likely to be a lock as a wild card, so will likely feel less urgency than the 9er's will have.

But we will find out tonight. Lose and the hawks can kiss the playoffs good bye baring a major fluke of things just happening perfectly like the Saint losing out or other unlikely things.

RiverDog

Reaction score
nutluck":36vxm1y2 said:
All possible, but honestly as much as I would love to see the Hawks get in, I just honestly don't think they will beat both the Rams and Cards. Not when both teams will possible be playing for either a playoff spot or a higher seed. I don't see any team resting starters this year.

I am also not convinced the Rams beat the 9er's. The 9er's just have the Rams number and there is a good chance they will be playing for a playoff seed and the Rams are likely to be a lock as a wild card, so will likely feel less urgency than the 9er's will have.

But we will find out tonight. Lose and the hawks can kiss the playoffs good bye baring a major fluke of things just happening perfectly like the Saint losing out or other unlikely things.

I get the sense that the Cards have peaked early. They looked horrible against a bad Lions team and have a tough draw on Christmas day when they face the Colts then after that game, play the Cowboys in Jerry World before they play us in the finale. They've lost 2 in a row and are 3-4 since starting the season undefeated, including a bad loss to the Panthers. IMO they're the 3rd best team in the division.

RiverDog

Reaction score
nutluck":2ogu8g0e said:

I get the sense that the Cards have peaked early. They looked horrible against a bad Lions team and have a tough draw on Christmas day when they face the Colts then after that game, play the Cowboys in Jerry World before they play us in the finale. They've lost 2 in a row and are 3-4 since starting the season undefeated, including a bad loss to the Panthers. IMO they're the 3rd best team in the division.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The loss to WFT looms large. If they could have pulled that game out, things would look very much different right now. That one loss was brutal. The reason I'm pointing to that one specifically is that Russell Wilson played in that game and was playing better than he had the previous weeks. They probably could afford to lose against the Rams, if they had won that game.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Any plan that depends on us to beat the Rams is doomed to fail.

Rams own us.

We own the 49ers.

The 49ers own the Rams.

That is how the NFC West works.

nutluck

Reaction score
RiverDog":271ubm0t said:

Very possible but sometimes teams have bad games or a string of them, I am just not personally ready to believe with all that talent they have that they are going to collapse. I might be wrong, but i just don't see it. I mean they are not use to the spotlight and the pressure might be getting to them. They wouldn't be the first team it has happened too, guess we will find out.

RiverDog

Reaction score
LTH":1m5ydmkj said:

LTH

RiverDog":1m5ydmkj said:

LTH":1m5ydmkj said:
I mean it;s my job to hope.. right? LOL I'm just hoping the Hawks beat the Rams everything is riding on the game tonight

LTH

The playoff calculator now pegs our overall chances of making the playoffs at less than one percent, and if we win out, our chances of making the playoffs are...less than 1%.

Losing last night didn't bum be out as much as it must have others as I had given up on the season a long time ago so I have to force myself to respect others that felt differently, but I am curious if you've thrown in the towel yet.

RiverDog

Reaction score
:D The Seahawks need to win-out against the Bears, the Lions, and the Cardinals.

The Vikings would have to go 0-3 to finish the season since they’re 2 games ahead of Seattle and hold the tiebreaker. This could happen since their last 3 games are against the Rams (10-4), the Packers (11-3), and the Bears (4-10).

The Saints would also have to finish the season on a 3-game losing streak ... against the Dolphins, Panthers, and Falcons (currently a combined 13-28-1) because, like the Vikings, they’re 2 games ahead of Seattle with the tiebreaker in their pocket.

Oh, and let’s not forget that the generically-named team in Washington D.C. is a game ahead of Seattle and holds the tiebreaker so they would need to lose 2 of their last 3 to open the door for the Seahawks.

Seattle would also need to pass (or at least catch) the 7-7 Eagles.

Plus the 6-8 Falcons.

And, on top of all that, Seattle would need to edge past the Carolina Panthers who, despite an identical 5-9 record, currently hold the tiebreaker based on their having a better winning percentage in conference games (3-6 vs. 2-7).

So ... yeah, there’s a chance.

But it’s basically a 1-in-1,000 chance and even the ever-optimistic LTH is gonna say, “No mas.”

I'll have to admit to a bit of plagiarism. :D Hopefully this is taken in the manner it was presented.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Well, hey, I agree with FieldGulls about that too.

I'm just going to try to enjoy what will probably be the end for the pc/js/rw trifecta. There are still things worth playing for, such as not losing to the Bears and Lions.

I would absolutely not rule out a L for us against the Lions, considering their performance toward Arizona and how they are gelling around Dan Campbell.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
RiverDog":51394dl8 said:
LTH":51394dl8 said:

LTH

RiverDog":51394dl8 said:

LTH":51394dl8 said:

LTH

The playoff calculator now pegs our overall chances of making the playoffs at less than one percent, and if we win out, our chances of making the playoffs are...less than 1%.

Losing last night didn't bum be out as much as it must have others as I had given up on the season a long time ago so I have to force myself to respect others that felt differently, but I am curious if you've thrown in the towel yet.

Yeah it's over... But I'm close to being done with the NFL because of the officiating. If they fire Carroll, I'm done for sure... Carroll was really special to me...

The Hawks lost me when they fired Holmgren...MLB lost me after they fired Sweet Lou. Basketball lost me when they sold the Sonics and moved the team. This board is getting stupid with the exception of you and a few others.. Just a matter of time I suppose

LTH

Mizak

Reaction score
LTH":1xvrv7xt said:
RiverDog":1xvrv7xt said:

LTH

RiverDog":1xvrv7xt said:

LTH

Yeah it's over... But I'm close to being done with the NFL because of the officiating. If they fire Carroll, I'm done for sure... Carroll was really special to me...

The Hawks lost me when they fired Holmgren...MLB lost me after they fired Sweet Lou. Basketball lost me when they sold the Sonics and moved the team. This board is getting stupid with the exception of you and a few others.. Just a matter of time I suppose

LTH

Carroll being special to you is like Russell Wilson being special to John63.

RiverDog

Reaction score
LTH":ru1pj2jx said:

LTH

Neither Sweet Lou or Holgren were fired. Lou had some major disagreements with the FO, decided to quit and go back to his hometown and manage Tampa Bay. Holmgren willingly cut bait on the last year of his contract. The Sonics leaving was the final nail in the coffin for me as the league didn't seem interested in marketing their product to my age group, so I turned to college basketball. The last time I watched an NBA game from buzzer to buzzer was when Michael Jordan and the Bulls beat the Utah Jazz and Stockton/Malone for the championship.

Like I said in another thread, I don't think Pete actually gets fired. My gut feel is that if he does leave, a 50/50 prospect at this point, that he'll retire or resign. Pete seems to me to be a very proud person, especially proud of what he's done here, and I don't think the extra money he'd get by Allen having to pay off his contract would be worth the shame he'd feel by being fired. I have no tangible evidence to base my opinion on, it's just a gut feel.

It's a bad time for Seahawks football. We're out of the playoff hunt and have been guaranteed our first losing season in a decade, there's huge question marks about our star quarterback and our head coach, and we have an owner who cherishes her privacy and is a huge mystery to nearly all of our fans. Love him or loathe him, Jerry Jones is anything but private or mysterious. All this indecision and uncertainty creates anxiety for all of us Seahawk fans. But we've been through worse.

I'm not a deeply religious man, but from time to time, I do find it helpful to repeat to myself my favorite prayer to help alleviate the type of stress you're relating here: God grant me the Courage to change the things that I can, the Serenity to accept the things I can't change, and the Wisdom to tell the difference between the two."

There's not much you or me can do about the officiating. It is what it is.

nutluck

Reaction score
RiverDog":i5wy782m said:
Neither Sweet Lou or Holgren were fired. Lou had some major disagreements with the FO, decided to quit and go back to his hometown and manage Tampa Bay. Holmgren willingly cut bait on the last year of his contract. The Sonics leaving was the final nail in the coffin for me as the league didn't seem interested in marketing their product to my age group, so I turned to college basketball. The last time I watched an NBA game from buzzer to buzzer was when Michael Jordan and the Bulls beat the Utah Jazz and Stockton/Malone for the championship.

Like I said in another thread, I don't think Pete actually gets fired. My gut feel is that if he does leave, a 50/50 prospect at this point, that he'll retire or resign. Pete seems to me to be a very proud person, especially proud of what he's done here, and I don't think the extra money he'd get by Allen having to pay off his contract would be worth the shame he'd feel by being fired. I have no tangible evidence to base my opinion on, it's just a gut feel.

It's a bad time for Seahawks football. There's huge question marks about our star quarterback, our head coach, and we have an owner who cherishes her privacy and is a huge mystery to nearly all of our fans. Love him or loathe him, Jerry Jones is anything but private or mysterious. All this indecision and uncertainty creates anxiety for all of us Seahawk fans. But we've been through worse.

I agree that if Pete leaves this off season it will be because he retires at least that will be the official version. Behind closed doors they might make a deal where he resigns to save face when they would fire him if he doesn't. With that said... I honestly don't think he is going anywhere. The Defense is playing very well which is what he is good at. Russel was injured and he can argue that the Hawks only lost the season because of that, the games he missed and that he is not 100% since coming back, then combine that with some really bad ref calls, and there is some truth to that. So my gut feeling is I think he gets one more season, but we will see.

RiverDog

Reaction score
nutluck":28n1h2dn said:
I agree that if Pete leaves this off season it will be because he retires at least that will be the official version. Behind closed doors they might make a deal where he resigns to save face when they would fire him if he doesn't. With that said... I honestly don't think he is going anywhere. The Defense is playing very well which is what he is good at. Russel was injured and he can argue that the Hawks only lost the season because of that, the games he missed and that he is not 100% since coming back, then combine that with some really bad ref calls, and there is some truth to that. So my gut feeling is I think he gets one more season, but we will see.

There's another factor in the equation that you overlooked: Russell Wilson.

If Pete is retained, will Russell stick around, too? Or will he demand a trade? And if so, which one of the two goes, or do both of them leave?

It's just one of a number of uncertainties following a season like ours. A lot of teams have gone through similar mystery moments, but we haven't had to go through it like this since 2009, the Mora year.

nutluck

Reaction score
RiverDog":1m3vapn2 said:
There's another factor in the equation that you overlooked: Russell Wilson.

If Pete is retained, will Russell stick around, too? Or will he demand a trade? And if so, which one of the two goes, or do both of them leave?

It's just one of a number of uncertainties following a season like ours. A lot of teams have gone through similar mystery moments, but we haven't had to go through it like this since 2009, the Mora year.

If Pete stays I don't think the Hawks trade him, Russel might ask but the Hawks don't have to do it unless Rus is willing to sit out a whole season and I just don't see him doing that. He is to much of a competitor IMHO to be willing to sit it out. Which means both could stay and a rift happens which would be bad, but if Pete stays I really think Rus does as well. I only think Rus gets traded if Pete goes and the new HC wants to blow it all up. trade a lot of players to acquire a lot of picks and then go get his type guys, that fit the scheme he wants to play. I might be wrong, we will see in a few months