Pick 151: Mike Morris DE Michigan

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
Wow, I have been watching several highlight videos of Mike Morris and am really impressed.

He has been asked to add weight, but already has a powerful lower body and so has a "low center of gravity" (maybe like Marshawn had). He can easily add upper body weight, while keeping his natural lower body strength advantage. I am a big believer in what he will bring and expect to see some serious results!!!

It is also cool to see that we drafted two players from the same team, in this case Michigan. This seems to be a trend in the Seahawks drafting philosophy. Now the new rookies will have a friend to count on and will also bring some of "that teams" culture to the Seahawks team mix.

It is also very cool that there seems to now be a connection between Pete Carol and Jim Harbaugh that has taken a positive turn.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
Wow, I have been watching several highlight videos of Mike Morris and am really impressed.

He has been asked to add weight, but already has a powerful lower body and so has a "low center of gravity" (maybe like Marshawn had). He can easily add upper body weight, while keeping his natural lower body strength advantage. I am a big believer in what he will bring and expect to see some serious results!!!

It is also cool to see that we drafted two players from the same team, in this case Michigan. This seems to be a trend in the Seahawks drafting philosophy. Now the new rookies will have a friend to count on and will also bring some of "that teams" culture to the Seahawks team mix.

It is also very cool that there seems to now be a connection between Pete Carol and Jim Harbaugh that has taken a positive turn.
Heard in a John Schneider interview he is up to 295lbs. o_O

BASF

Reaction score

So, Mike Morris' playing weight at Michigan was 292 as seen here:

Then, either his agent or his teammates or his friends or what have you tells the guy, hey you need to perform really well at the combine to get drafted higher, so you should get leaner. Sometimes this will have a player test amazingly well and their draft stock will climb. However, sometimes the player does not lose the weight properly and they end up performing poorly for the underwear Olympics. This makes them fall in the draft. It happened to Mike Morris. It happened to Kenny McIntosh. Some people are naturally bigger athletes and need to maintain what their body wants them to be. It will work out to our benefit.