Pick #130, Terry Poole, OT, SDSU

kearly

Reaction score
I think he's a big guard in the NFL. I like going after mid-round OL and coaching them up, but a lot of these "swing tackles" Seattle drafts are really just sluggish tackles who move to guard, then stay at guard.

I think Seattle just drafted three guards today.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
kearly":1wc3n150 said:
I think he's a big guard in the NFL. I like going after mid-round OL and coaching them up, but a lot of these "swing tackles" Seattle drafts are really just sluggish tackles who move to guard, then stay at guard.

I think Seattle just drafted three guards today.
You don't think Sokoli will stick at Center?

kearly

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":32bw7kwx said:
You don't think Sokoli will stick at Center?

As far as I know, none of the three OL Seattle drafted have ever logged a start at center. Meaning that any of these guys are probably 3rd string centers at most in 2015.

If we're lucky, it will be a Max Unger scenario where they start at guard and move to center later. But Unger had college experience at center, these guys don't. And Unger needed a lot of time.

I am a fan of Patrick Lewis and I think LJP has his moments. I was totally fine with them being the #1 and #2 centers this year, even as everyone else on .net screamed about how it was our top need. But even I'm a little surprised they didn't draft a guy with center experience. I guess they have even more faith in Lewis than I do, and I ilke the guy a ton.

netskier

Reaction score
Well Schneider did say that they got two of their three targets the first day, and that he would not identify the one they missed. Probably someone with center experience.

kearly

Reaction score
netskier":alsbuxo1 said:
Well Schneider did say that they got two of their three targets the first day, and that he would not identify the one they missed. Probably someone with center experience.

I'm buying the DGB rumors, personally.

They could have signed the #1 FA center for $2.5 million and didn't do it. The could have drafted a guy who played center in college on day 3 and didn't do it.

I think it was something they were looking at in specific scenarios, but the fact that they didn't add some low cost centers that were available to them is very telling.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":1hh9omcj said:
Carp was solid. Who knows how much better he could have if he didn't suffer back to back knee injuries his first two seasons.

If Poole is anything like a healthy Carp at his best the last two years, I would be ecstatic.

Until a pass play is called.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
kearly":300972rt said:
netskier":300972rt said:

I'm buying the DGB rumors, personally.

They could have signed the #1 FA center for $2.5 million and didn't do it. The could have drafted a guy who played center in college on day 3 and didn't do it.

I think it was something they were looking at in specific scenarios, but the fact that they didn't add some low cost centers that were available to them is very telling.

Says to me they are happy w/ what they seen and development of Lewis and LJP. I remember them saying something to that effect of having those guys competing for the spot before when asked about it.

There did not seem to be a big drop off from an injured Unger to these guys and that is with limited 2nd team snaps to get ready prior. Given more time, off season, and training camp they most likely will improve a lot. Center is one of those positions that takes time to get down and a lot more goes into it than the average fan knows/sees.

I think you are right, they have seen enough to go w/ those guys competing at 1 and 2 along w/ others (draftees) and see what shakes out. Worst case, we end up w/ what we had last year for 7 games or so w/ Lewis or LJP starting. All of which we won so there is that.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":39o9omt1 said:
Carp was solid. Who knows how much better he could have if he didn't suffer back to back knee injuries his first two seasons.

If Poole is anything like a healthy Carp at his best the last two years, I would be ecstatic.

Ugh, you must have been watching different games than I was. From what I observed Carp was not good.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":1vgrpgvp said:
Ad Hawk":1vgrpgvp said:
bjornanderson21":1vgrpgvp said:
Hawknballs":1vgrpgvp said:
he was projected as a 6th or 7th rounder.

In other words a token seahawks pick that will be labeled a reach, and then apologized too when he makes a couple pro bowls.
Or a guy that ends up being a nobody, like most draft picks of every team (including us).
Only a fraction of our picks end up doing much of anything.

It's always a fraction of some kind.

Sometimes closer to 1 (or 100%) and sometimes less.

:twisted:
I was expecting someone to say something like that but I thought it would take a few hours.
You know what im saying...
Yep, this is just what the fans around here need...Mo Buzz Kill. :17: