Pick #120 TE Will Dissly

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
In Dissly’s defense he’s only played TE at the college level for two years. He has a lot more to learn and is hardly a polished product as a blocker or a pass catcher.

Str8OuttaSkittles

Reaction score
getnasty":2vpnuehf said:
WindCityHawk":2vpnuehf said:
So far we've added a rough-and-tumble RB, a fresh pass rusher, and a blocking TE. Imagine their names are Marshawn Lynch, Michael Bennett, and Zach Miller and ask again how we're drafting. I think we're doing just fine.

I tried that with Ifedi as Walter Jones but it didn't work.
lmao i just go with ifedi as curry end of conversation :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

Natethegreat

Reaction score
nategreat":25i4wj2i said:
Can I request to have my user name changed? I don't want to be confused with this other Nate the Great guy and his outlandish thoughts which I in no way agree with.
Please do, by the way my outlandish thoughts are shared by many draft experts and scouts (as shown by the tweet earlier by an NFL scout who saw the fifth round as the BEST CASE SCENARIO for Dissly). The pick isn't bad per se I just think its too early to be picking him.
I know thats simply an outrageous thought though.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
GeekHawk":2a40j8l7 said:
TreeRon":2a40j8l7 said:
Panned by Bleacher.

That's like being panned by the homeless dude on the corner. Bleacher's opinion may, in fact, be worth even less. :roll:

How dare you besmirch the reputation of the homeless dude on the corner with that dastardly comparison. He reads the paper.

FormerEvil

Reaction score
getnasty":3vuag7du said:
JSeahawks":3vuag7du said:
We suck at drafting.

I still have faith but pass blocking tight ends should not be drafted. It's hard to believe that you wouldn't take a flyer on somebody else with a little high ceiling.

Pass blocking TE's should NOT be drafted?? I'm sorry - not sorry - but this is something only someone who doesn't understand football would say.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
getnasty":m4m1i4di said:
Nobody is saying they don't want a blocking TE were just saying you can find one in the 7th round or udfa or go sign Brent Celek to a league minimum deal!.

He's 33. Why get him for a one year rental to temporarily plug the hole when you could draft someone who is ideal for what you want at the position and have that spot taken care of for the next 3-4 years or so?

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Natethegreat":my0vcjkw said:
nategreat":my0vcjkw said:
Can I request to have my user name changed? I don't want to be confused with this other Nate the Great guy and his outlandish thoughts which I in no way agree with.
Please do, by the way my outlandish thoughts are shared by many draft experts and scouts (as shown by the tweet earlier by an NFL scout who saw the fifth round as the BEST CASE SCENARIO for Dissly). The pick isn't bad per se I just think its too early to be picking him.

Fight! Fight! Fight!

Str8OuttaSkittles

Reaction score
Natethegreat":5753bga2 said:
nategreat":5753bga2 said:
seriously bro half these "experts" are down right dumb.. im sure i could sell them a plane with no wings take what they preach with a pinch of salt

sdog1981

Reaction score
Go back and look at the number Zach Miller put up at ASU and Oakland before he got to Seattle. They are not the same type of player.

getnasty

Reaction score
FormerEvil":ag2kob3b said:
getnasty":ag2kob3b said:
JSeahawks":ag2kob3b said:
We suck at drafting.

I still have faith but pass blocking tight ends should not be drafted. It's hard to believe that you wouldn't take a flyer on somebody else with a little high ceiling.

Pass blocking TE's should NOT be drafted?? I'm sorry - not sorry - but this is something only someone who doesn't understand football would say.

Yeah hopefully we trade up for a fullback next

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
hawknation2018":4h40v2ft said:
Natethegreat":4h40v2ft said:
nategreat":4h40v2ft said:

Fight! Fight! Fight!

AJKqRUi

getnasty

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":2xnh9hm4 said:
getnasty":2xnh9hm4 said:
Nobody is saying they don't want a blocking TE were just saying you can find one in the 7th round or udfa or go sign Brent Celek to a league minimum deal!.

He's 33. Why get him for a one year rental to temporarily plug the hole when you could draft someone who is ideal for what you want at the position and have that spot taken care of for the next 3-4 years or so?

He's 33 and still could run a faster 40 the Dissley, plus he's a proven commodity. Spend your 4th on somebody with upside on the OL

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":75ase66k said:
So far we've added a rough-and-tumble RB, a fresh pass rusher, and a blocking TE. Imagine their names are Marshawn Lynch, Michael Bennett, and Zach Miller and ask again how we're drafting. I think we're doing just fine.

2 of those picks could have been had later in my opinion. I know it doesnt mean anything, but I bet we receive the lowest draft grade this year.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1oktandr said:
Blitzer88":1oktandr said:
JSeahawks":1oktandr said:
We suck at drafting.

Just because he's a Husky............right?

No, because it’s Will freakin dissly. There are a few huskies I would have been really happy if we drafted.

There will be about 30 good blocking tight ends that sign with teams as Undrafted free agents.

True, but the Seahawks drafted a great run blocking TE, they didn't want good and Mayock and Kiper seemed to be very pleased with the pick.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Natethegreat":lkzuw18z said:
JSeahawks":lkzuw18z said:
We suck at drafting.
I understand the pick but why not wait to use a sixth or even one of our many fifth round picks? No one was projecting this guy anywhere close to the fourth round.

Yeah, in general I like every one of our picks so far. I'm just feeling that, as usual, we are reaching up to get them. I think we did the same with guys like Bruce Irvin and Justin Britt. I just don't think these guys are on anyone's radar at these spots. That being said, there seems to be evidence that the Browns were going to take Penny early in the 2nd, so who knows.

Ultimately I think we're getting good guys, we'll just have to see if they pan out. If this kid starts opening up holes for Penny and Penny takes it to the house, we'll all support taking these guys where we did.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":292hdr6h said:
WindCityHawk":292hdr6h said:

2 of those picks could have been had later in my opinion. I know it doesnt mean anything, but I bet we receive the lowest draft grade this year.

When draft grades win games, I'll care.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hawkscanner":1b6qrsf5 said:
Arguably the best run blocking TE in the entire draft. Ummm ... ya think that Carroll and the Hawks are serious about fixing the running game and getting back to Seahawks football?

Exactly.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":z2i7sw85 said:
pittpnthrs":z2i7sw85 said:
WindCityHawk":z2i7sw85 said:

When draft grades win games, I'll care.

Well, since the Hawks' 2012 draft was universally graded an "F"...

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
sdog1981":1jiyhykn said:
Go back and look at the number Zach Miller put up at ASU and Oakland before he got to Seattle. They are not the same type of player.
Exactly. Zach Miller was an excellent pass catching TE who just so happened to be an equally good blocking TE. He and Dissly are very different players. If Miller never would've been signed by Seattle, he most likely would've been a perennial pro bowler. He was that good as a pass catching TE.

Latest posts