Pick #120 TE Will Dissly

Natethegreat

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2hfkvxde said:
We suck at drafting.
I understand the pick but why not wait to use a sixth or even one of our many fifth round picks? No one was projecting this guy anywhere close to the fourth round.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Needs a lot of work in technique and route running. But his ceiling is higher than guys like Vannett or Dickson.

BamKam

Reaction score
Go back and watch Disslys UW senior film. He completely bulldozes guys over it looks like a grown man throwing around pop warner players. The best TE we have had since the PC/JS run has been Zach Miller and this guy is pretty much a carbon copy of him.

getnasty

Reaction score
JSeahawks":20pvq4qw said:
We suck at drafting.

I still have faith but pass blocking tight ends should not be drafted. It's hard to believe that you wouldn't take a flyer on somebody else with a little high ceiling.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
Natethegreat":wjtm41bg said:
JSeahawks":wjtm41bg said:
We suck at drafting.
I understand the pick but why not wait to use a sixth or even one of our many fifth round picks? No one was projecting this guy anywhere close to the fourth round.

The Seahawks were. Mayock loved the pick so you are either wrong, or a liar.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":iuyzb6rx said:
Arguably the best run blocking TE in the entire draft. Ummm ... ya think that Carroll and the Hawks are serious about fixing the running game and getting back to Seahawks football?
It's not even arguable. He's the best there is at what he does and is actually a pretty good pass catcher.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
getnasty":2xczb7v2 said:
JSeahawks":2xczb7v2 said:
We suck at drafting.

I still have faith but pass blocking tight ends should not be drafted. It's hard to believe that you wouldn't take a flyer on somebody else with a little high ceiling.

He didn't pass block that much at UW. Strong, pretty good run blocker, but needs work on footwork and hand placement.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
getnasty":4gmk433h said:
JSeahawks":4gmk433h said:
We suck at drafting.

He is a run blocking TE.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
hawknation2018":2pi75ike said:
Needs a lot of work in technique and route running. But his ceiling is higher than guys like Vannett or Dickson.
Dickson was an entirely different player coming out. He was an athletic pass catching TE that was fairly dangerous. He's learned to block over his career.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Thought this was a bad pick. Would have rather grabbed a CB or lineman and grabbed Dissly or another blocking TE later.

Again, does this mean Vannetts a bust? I think so.

Jville

Reaction score
On line interview >>> [tweet]https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/990279050638721024[/tweet]

uncle fester

Reaction score
"Best blocking TE in the draft" according to Mayock - whose opinion I would take over the Kipers of this world.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
TransGenderHawkFan":ev8a362u said:
Natethegreat":ev8a362u said:
JSeahawks":ev8a362u said:
We suck at drafting.

The Seahawks were. Mayock loved the pick so you are either wrong, or a liar.
Mayock has postive things to say about EVERY pick. It means nothing. I get that the Seahawks love him but EVERY YEAR the Seahawks pick guys ROUNDS ahead of where most think they will be picked. They want their guys I guess. So be it but it is frustrating spending high draft capital for these guys.
By the way all the personal insults are real impressive.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":hruu5hpd said:
hawknation2018":hruu5hpd said:
Dickson, yes. Vannett, no.

Vannett's not nearly as strong.

getnasty

Reaction score
TransGenderHawkFan":29vidl7r said:
getnasty":29vidl7r said:
JSeahawks":29vidl7r said:
We suck at drafting.

He is a run blocking TE.

My bad, run blocking tight ends should not be drafted

getnasty

Reaction score
With our OL he might be a pass blocking tight end too though.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
TransGenderHawkFan":3p4ebwg2 said:
pittpnthrs":3p4ebwg2 said:
I'm not getting this pick at all. Another TE that blocks but doesnt catch the ball. Only thing I can think of is that Vannett must be a bust. We have bigger holes to fill.

Just copy and paste this response for all of your draft evaluation. Then you will just need to change the position. It will save you time in the fifth round where we have four selections.

So you think its going to be that bad moving forward?

Latest posts