Pick #120 TE Will Dissly

rjdriver

Reaction score
I’m honestly asking...

How is his game different than Nick Vannett’s? Wasn’t Vannett more known as a blocking TE out of OSU? It will be interesting to see the offensive role our TE’s play this year with the change in personnel.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
hawknation2018":1ygjs9tw said:
getnasty":1ygjs9tw said:
JSeahawks":1ygjs9tw said:
We suck at drafting.

I still have faith but pass blocking tight ends should not be drafted. It's hard to believe that you wouldn't take a flyer on somebody else with a little high ceiling.

He didn't pass block that much at UW. Strong, pretty good run blocker, but needs work on footwork and hand placement.

According to PFF he blocked on 78 passing plays and didn't allow a single pressure, a 100% blocking efficiency grade.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
They prioritized run blocking in a TE, which is a reversal from what we saw over the last few seasons under Bevell.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Blitzer88":3nevi5ii said:
hawknation2018":3nevi5ii said:
getnasty":3nevi5ii said:
JSeahawks":3nevi5ii said:
We suck at drafting.

I still have faith but pass blocking tight ends should not be drafted. It's hard to believe that you wouldn't take a flyer on somebody else with a little high ceiling.

He didn't pass block that much at UW. Strong, pretty good run blocker, but needs work on footwork and hand placement.

According to PFF he blocked on 78 passing plays and didn't allow a single pressure, a 100% blocking efficiency grade.

Surprised it was that much. Thanks for the info!

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
hawknation2018":pvnmw8ck said:
Thepeelsessions":pvnmw8ck said:
hawknation2018":pvnmw8ck said:
Needs a lot of work in technique and route running. But his ceiling is higher than guys like Vannett or Dickson.
Dickson, yes. Vannett, no.

Vannett's not nearly as strong.
True, but Vannett is a strong pass catcher who can run. I won't be surprised if Vannett is the starter and Dickson and Dissly compete for the blocking role. Dickson was a bad signing.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":2tuw8snc said:
hawknation2018":2tuw8snc said:
Thepeelsessions":2tuw8snc said:
hawknation2018":2tuw8snc said:
Needs a lot of work in technique and route running. But his ceiling is higher than guys like Vannett or Dickson.
Dickson, yes. Vannett, no.

Vannett's not nearly as strong.
True, but Vannett is a strong pass catcher who can run. I won't be surprised if Vannett is the starter and Dickson and Dissly compete for the blocking role. Dickson was a bad signing.

Dickson has the athleticism to make plays downfield. Solid pass protector, too. Run blocking isn't very impressive, though, which explains this pick. Dissly is going to be a lot more physical than Dickson or Vannett.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2fyg04vw said:
JSeahawks":2fyg04vw said:
We suck at drafting.

Just because he's a Husky............right?

Maybe it's the 3 career TDs? While a strong blocker, I would think hes a guy we could have gotten later.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I love this pick. I wanted either Dissly or Smythe or Schultz.

The Hawks can now run 2- and 3-TE sets with confidence of moving forward.

getnasty

Reaction score
Just draft your highest ranked OLmen and maybe we don't need a blocking TE.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Many of you did not like Graham because he was not a good blocking TE so we let him go and pick the best in the draft at exactly that, and now you want an athletic pass catching type instead..??

R 850560 ajTCV

BamKam

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":3knbo7wr said:
Many of you did not like Graham because he was not a good blocking TE so we let him go and pick the best in the draft at exactly that, and now you want an athletic pass catching type instead..??

R 850560 ajTCV

This. It's almost as if some haven't watched this team the past couple of seasons.

getnasty

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":2hnh3eij said:

R 850560 ajTCV

Nobody is saying they don't want a blocking TE were just saying you can find one in the 7th round or udfa or go sign Brent Celek to a league minimum deal.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
So far we've added a rough-and-tumble RB, a fresh pass rusher, and a blocking TE. Imagine their names are Marshawn Lynch, Michael Bennett, and Zach Miller and ask again how we're drafting. I think we're doing just fine.

nategreat

Reaction score
Can I request to have my user name changed? I don't want to be confused with this other Nate the Great guy and his outlandish thoughts which I in no way agree with.

getnasty

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":2x8nxkwr said:
So far we've added a rough-and-tumble RB, a fresh pass rusher, and a blocking TE. Imagine their names are Marshawn Lynch, Michael Bennett, and Zach Miller and ask again how we're drafting. I think we're doing just fine.

I tried that with Ifedi as Walter Jones but it didn't work.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Blitzer88":yilys1sc said:
JSeahawks":yilys1sc said:
We suck at drafting.

Just because he's a Husky............right?

No, because it’s Will freakin dissly. There are a few huskies I would have been really happy if we drafted.

There will be about 30 good blocking tight ends that sign with teams as Undrafted free agents.

Latest posts