PFF ranked our Russ at 26 of 37 quarterbacks overall.

xray

Reaction score
That would be the least of Wilson's problems . Coming back to the field too soon ,which helped tank the season for the Hawks ; may also affect Wilson's future career . His new grip doesn't feel right . If his stats continue at this level , then the finger has to be the problem . IMO of course :D

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
xray":opf3m89g said:
That would be the least of Wilson's problems . Coming back to the field too soon ,which helped tank the season for the Hawks ; may also affect Wilson's future career . His new grip doesn't feel right . If his stats continue at this level , then the finger has to be the problem . IMO of course :D
Surgery in hands especially fingers are very delicate and difficult. Perhaps a follow up job during off season will fix it, for good this time.

Russ has been accurate his whole career until post surgery.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
toffee":1ez7qslh said:
I don't see Russ leaving as the market for him could be quite soft, Hawks might forced into keeping him.

Let's say the best offer would be two first, two seconds, but not in the same year. Offers like these, would you do it?

Yeah, I would. I'd entertain even 1 first and a second.

justafan

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3ezj3m5h said:
toffee":3ezj3m5h said:
I don't see Russ leaving as the market for him could be quite soft, Hawks might forced into keeping him.

Let's say the best offer would be two first, two seconds, but not in the same year. Offers like these, would you do it?

Yeah, I would. I'd entertain even 1 first and a second.

Ok but now imagine you are 70 and probably the last chance to coach in the NFL. You dont have time or job security to find and develop a QB you can win with. Certainly not a QB that has done what RW has done and can still do if the hand heals normally. Trade him anyway?

Or do you make trades and decisions that help you win now. 31 out 32 are going to make the win now decision. Thats Pete and Johns mindset IMO.

Its easy when it doesnt change my or your life or career.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
justafan":3exwlhq8 said:
[

Ok but now imagine you are 70 and probably the last chance to coach in the NFL. You dont have time or job security to find and develop a QB you can win with. Certainly not a QB that has done what RW has done and can still do if the hand heals normally. Trade him anyway?

Or do you make trades and decisions that help you win now. 31 out 32 are going to make the win now decision. Thats Pete and Johns mindset IMO.

Sure, Pete could insist on keeping the quarterback just as LeFleur did with Rodgers, put up with months of pub of his QB wanting to be traded to the 49ers or somewhere else, and even having said quarterback suggest publicly that he'd pick hosting Jeopardy! versus playing football.

But LeFleur has had a consistent divisional winner. We don't. And honestly, I think LeFleur and Aaron were basically on the same page with him staying. Similarly, Pete would sense how strongly Russell truly believes that going elsewhere is his best hope for more Super Bowls and celebrity. The performance of anyone who feels like a trapped animal is suboptimal.

I think we saw some of that this year. It can only continue to be a problem if it is. Another bad year would end Pete.

Pete would be wiser to follow Belichick's model. With a bridge starter and tons of rookies, ownership and fans accepted it would be a lost year. Belichick redeemed himself on choosing Mac Jones. Now people think he's a GOAT.

That would seem to be to Pete's advantage as well. Probably the one with least risk.

justafan

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":17dkwdpw said:
justafan":17dkwdpw said:
[

Sure, Pete could insist on keeping the quarterback just as LeFleur did with Rodgers, put up with months of pub of his QB wanting to be traded to the 49ers or somewhere else, and even having said quarterback suggest publicly that he'd pick hosting Jeopardy! versus playing football.

But LeFleur has had a consistent divisional winner. We don't. And honestly, I think LeFleur and Aaron were basically on the same page with him staying. Similarly, Pete would sense how strongly Russell truly believes that going elsewhere is his best hope for more Super Bowls and celebrity. The performance of anyone who feels like a trapped animal is suboptimal.

I think we saw some of that this year. It can only continue to be a problem if it is. Another bad year would end Pete.

Pete would be wiser to follow Belichick's model. With a bridge starter and tons of rookies, ownership and fans accepted it would be a lost year. Belichick redeemed himself on choosing Mac Jones. Now people think he's a GOAT.

That would seem to be to Pete's advantage as well. Probably the one with least risk.

i get what you are saying. But

Wilson hasnt earned the respect from the ownerhip or the fanbase that Brady has and Pete doesnt have the luxury of having a lost year. The fanbase lost their shit after one losing season with Wilson injured. Hell some while we were enjoyin 2 of the hawks best years.

My point was no coach on the hot seat will give up the most important piece to a winning team. Especially one that will probably never get or take another pro job. He would be quitting and that aint Pete. I might be wrong

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Pete's believe that he has more job security by holding on to Russell is fool's gold. He would be better off trading Russ and start a complete rebuild, rebuilding takes couple three years, Pete will be employed for that duration. By holding on to Russ, who longs for green pasture, is very risky at best. Another year like 2021, Pete will be fired, for sure.

The thing is what if there aren't any agreeable offers for Russ, which is very likely. Do Hawks take low ball offers? I stand by my advocation of trading Russ last off-season, that was the perfect moment in time. Pete blew it.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Remind we why we care about Pete's job security or how any of the above is a good thing for the fans.

Sounds like you're advocating for losing.

justafan

Reaction score
Palmegranite":3au0olf9 said:
Remind we why we care about Pete's job security or how any of the above is a good thing for the fans.

Sounds like you're advocating for losing.

My point was Wilsons value is directly tied to how badly a coach and gm need a QB that might save their job We have no skin in the game. Our lives go on either way.

I think Wilson could save someones job over the next 5 years. Pete wont trade him for peanuts because he would probably lose his.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1d5f3nxp said:
pittpnthrs":1d5f3nxp said:
Maelstrom787":1d5f3nxp said:
Seattle needs to devote this off-season to crafting a bully of a rushing attack and smashing it down other teams throats.

That's how Russell succeeds.

He can be broken by coverage, and you need to run them the hell out of those coverages to free Russ up to uncork it.

We know the winning formula!

Sounds good but it cant happen when offensive linemen of need are passed up by for #3 receivers.

Can't even talk about overall offensive philosophy without the incessant blubbering about Creed Humphrey poisoning completely separate conversations. Very nice.

At least J63 is obsessed with a player who is actually on the team, eh?

Last season you were insistent on the Eskridge pick telling everybody how much more important that #3 receiver spot was than the center position. Now your all about running the ball that takes an offensive line that can do it. Why the change of tune all of a sudden?