PFF ranked our Russ at 26 of 37 quarterbacks overall.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Seattle needs to devote this off-season to crafting a bully of a rushing attack and smashing it down other teams throats.

That's how Russell succeeds.

He can be broken by coverage, and you need to run them the hell out of those coverages to free Russ up to uncork it.

We know the winning formula!

AgentDib

Reaction score
That sounds good but how do we implement it? Are you thinking about bolstering our current zone stretch running scheme behind Dickerson or converting to more of a traditional power scheme?

Metcalf is due for a big extension and then Russ, DK and Lockett will be soaking up a huge percentage of our offensive salary cap. At OL we have a 9m cap hit devoted to Gabe Jackson who is a much better pass blocker than run blocker.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":363aaxpm said:
Seattle needs to devote this off-season to crafting a bully of a rushing attack and smashing it down other teams throats.

He can be broken by coverage, and you need to run them the hell out of those coverages to free Russ up to uncork it.

Some may accuse that you sir sounded like Pete out there selling Peteball.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
If running the ball was the answer..How come Russ didn't do better
as Penny was racking up the yards.
I think Russ still wants to do all the cooking for glory.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":fhjjxq64 said:

Sounds good but it cant happen when offensive linemen of need are passed up by for #3 receivers.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Fade":1t7jqm6t said:
He was graded #2 before the injury, fyi.

Dont bring facts like that into the thread. It destroys their narrative.

PNW

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":10114irf said:
Maelstrom787":10114irf said:

Sounds good but it cant happen when offensive linemen of need are passed up by for #3 receivers.
^^^This^^^

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3r7z55s4 said:
Maelstrom787":3r7z55s4 said:

Can't even talk about overall offensive philosophy without the incessant blubbering about Creed Humphrey poisoning completely separate conversations. Very nice.

At least J63 is obsessed with a player who is actually on the team, eh?

justafan

Reaction score
AgentDib":2crrz4rn said:
That sounds good but how do we implement it? Are you thinking about bolstering our current zone stretch running scheme behind Dickerson or converting to more of a traditional power scheme?

Metcalf is due for a big extension and then Russ, DK and Lockett will be soaking up a huge percentage of our offensive salary cap. At OL we have a 9m cap hit devoted to Gabe Jackson who is a much better pass blocker than run blocker.

It gonna be an ugly offseason, I dont really see a way to rebalance the positional spending on the offensive side of the ball. Hopefully we can replace the OL we lose. LT is the problem.I would like us keep the zone maybe we can bring in a couple athletic free agents to replace Pocic and Shell.Cutting Carson saves 3 mil but you will need to spend that on another back and Penny is just as good as any back that will be available IMO. We will see whats available but the list isnt much. DK is more of a luxury that a need. He will want close to 18 -20 mil? Trade him for what we can get. Picks or lineman on either side of the ball.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":vp00s2hv said:
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/12/30/russell-wilson-i-hope-this-isnt-last-game-in-seattle-but-know-it-wont-be-my-last-nfl-game/

Sounds like Russ is definitely entertaining the possibility that he won't be here next year.

Make no mistake, Russ initiated the trade last off-season.
Make no mistake, Russ signed off on the Chicago offer, it was Pete that vetoed the trade.
Now ask yourself, has the 2021 season, new OC and all, made Russ happier to stay?

But, I am quite confident that he will be back next year, why? The market for him last off-season was underwhelming, no reason why it will be better this off-season, #26 of 37QBs and all of that. Pete is likely to be back, and Wilson's biggest homer happened to be one Pete Carroll, Pete wasn't willing to part company with Russ then, he still won't be willing now.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
toffee":3ig9vpet said:
SantaClaraHawk":3ig9vpet said:
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/12/30/russell-wilson-i-hope-this-isnt-last-game-in-seattle-but-know-it-wont-be-my-last-nfl-game/

Sounds like Russ is definitely entertaining the possibility that he won't be here next year.

Make no mistake, Russ initiated the trade last off-season.
Make no mistake, Russ signed off on the Chicago offer, it was Pete that vetoed the trade.
Now ask yourself, has the 2021 season, new OC and all, made Russ happier to stay?

But, I am quite confident that he will be back next year, why? The market for him last off-season was underwhelming, no reason why it will be better this off-season, #26 of 37QBs and all of that. Pete is likely to be back, and Wilson's biggest homer happened to be one Pete Carroll, Pete wasn't willing to part company with Russ then, he still won't be willing now.

I don't see Pete having that kind of leverage in this offseason. The only way Pete can redeem himself at this point is by parting ways with a player that really would rather be somewhere else, getting that contract and some future picks, and then using said leverage to try to beat this year's record with another QB, be it through a starter trade or by acquiring an FA and having a QB competition.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Wilson has been doing a great job of showcasing and implying his desire to leave Seattle.

Whether he leaves on his own accord or the franchise trading him appears to be on the verge of one of the two will happen, only a matter of time.

When that time comes it will be both sorrow and hope no matter what side you are on.

justafan

Reaction score
Chicago offered so much because they are gone without a QB. Maybe even with one. Half of the leagues FO is on the hot seat or will be soon enough. They will sell their soul for a winning season and a new contract.There will always be a market for a good QB.
Pete wont trade him because Wilson is the only hope of being competitive without a D.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Our 2021 D has been average to above average. Certainly below where the Saints were when they shut out Brady (and didn't get any TDs themselves). But TOP is killing us, even with Duane, DK, Lockett, etc. on the roster and the "let Russ cook" movement.

That's why Russ wants out. He probably saw this coming a year ago, and the way to resurrect that is by going to a team with such a stellar D that--as it did long ago--that helps cover up some of his mistakes.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
I don't see Russ leaving as the market for him could be quite soft, Hawks might forced into keeping him.

Let's say the best offer would be two first, two seconds, but not in the same year. Offers like these, would you do it?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk