Pete's Draft Clues.....

DJrmb

Reaction score
"Always On My Mind" by Willie Nelson, who went to Baylor University. I'm thinking 1 of the Baylor WR's with this clue. KD Cannon or maybe Ishmael Zamora super late. Maybe Orion Stewart the SS is possible too but doubtful. I think KD Cannon is who's on Pete's mind for this one...

Pie Romania

Reaction score
DJrmb":ar3od4d8 said:
"Always On My Mind" by Willie Nelson, who went to Baylor University. I'm thinking 1 of the Baylor WR's with this clue. KD Cannon or maybe Ishmael Zamora super late. Maybe Orion Stewart the SS is possible too but doubtful. I think KD Cannon is who's on Pete's mind for this one...

Could also mean Taco Charlton, since Tacos are always on MY mind *shrugs*...Haason Reddick (Temple) and Adoree Jackson were who I narrowed that one down to though and ultimately chose Adoree.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
DJrmb":2kvjvy6w said:

Always on my mind was originally an Elvis song. Who's the best prospect out of Memphis?

Or Kentucky for Elvis' Kentucky Rain...Western KY-Lamp??

Or Ole Miss' Evan Engram because Elvis was born in MS??

hawkfan68

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":2klv5a3v said:
DJrmb":2klv5a3v said:

Always on my mind was originally an Elvis song. Who's the best prospect out of Memphis?

Good call West TX. Elvis is also known as "King of Rock and Roll"....so it may be out there but could be giving a clue to Kevin King.

Elvis was born in Mississippi. It could also be a reference to Demorea Stringfellow, who played college ball at Ole Miss. Seahawks have shown interest in Stringfellow recently.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3s0plf94 said:
West TX Hawk":3s0plf94 said:
DJrmb":3s0plf94 said:

Good call West TX. Elvis is also known as "King of Rock and Roll"....so it may be out there but could be giving a clue to Kevin King.

Elvis was born in Mississippi. It could also be a reference to Demorea Stringfellow, who played college ball at Ole Miss. Seahawks have shown interest in Stringfellow recently.

I actually think you nailed it HawkFan--Kevin King could be our 1st pick.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/PeteCarroll/status/857726868392255488[/tweet]

Atradees

Reaction score
White Flag: UConn S Obiwanfu

NCAA-Connecticut-Huskies-3x5-feet-polyester-flags-stars-and-stripes.jpg

"Always on My Mind"- Elvis the King

CB University of Washington

mulling first round choices?

flmmkrz

Reaction score
always on my mind, willie nelson

willie likes weed, another name for weed. Budda

Budda Baker staying home in the PNW :p

flmmkrz

Reaction score
out of curiosity, I never followed these in the past, do the clues always make sense cause how do they know for certain they'll get who they're targeting what if another team jumped in and grabbed them?

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
PFF has Tre'Davious White as the 12th ranked prospect in the draft. "Top 12: White Flag."

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
flmmkrz":3uhsyrai said:
out of curiosity, I never followed these in the past, do the clues always make sense cause how do they know for certain they'll get who they're targeting what if another team jumped in and grabbed them?

There's always been a reasoning that makes semi-sense after the fact. It's my theory that he selects clues that could mean multiple players, thus allowing for them to use clues to cover more than one player on their board.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Atradees":12ktvw7d said:
5 foot 11.....176lbs. Puke.

The legion of dragged? Won't work.

I didn't say I wanted him to be drafted, did I? Just through it out there as more of a joke, than a serious guess.

Atradees

Reaction score
Obviously, I'm playin too. I'm all in for a freak I have affectionately nicknamed Obiwanfu

bigskydoc

Reaction score
In years past, even after the draft, I've been left scratching my head on a few of the clues. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Perhaps I'm just on a different wavelength than Carrol. Or perhaps the clues are generic enough to apply to just about any player if you dig hard enough

LolaRox

Reaction score
Pete gave seven clues, so I assume that one clue = one of the Seahawks draft pick (even though they don't know if that is actually who they will end up drafting).

I have no idea what any of it means, but I think it's fun that Pete (or whoever) does it each year.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
LolaRox":xhwxt4zy said:
Pete gave seven clues, so I assume that one clue = one of the Seahawks draft pick (even though they don't know if that is actually who they will end up drafting).

I have no idea what any of it means, but I think it's fun that Pete (or whoever) does it each year.

I think in some years he's given additional clues on day 2, but he doesn't exactly put forth rules for these things every year, so who knows for sure.

Latest posts