Pete's draft clues... are coming.

LolaRox

Reaction score
I think the draft clues are fun, but how does Pete know who they're actually going to draft until they're on the clock? What if the guy they want isn't there when they draft?

Last year first round was easy because everyone knew it was Jimmy.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Chris Jones. The big about the underwear model in clue 1. Owning a dog with the last clue (Mississippi State Bulldogs)

Its Chris Jones man

kearly

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1wpmyp6l said:
Chris Jones. The big about the underwear model in clue 1. Owning a dog with the last clue (Mississippi State Bulldogs)

Its Chris Jones man

Technically it's a pitbull in the joke, but I had the same thought.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":jj91d1ct said:

Its Chris Jones man

Is he expected to be a first round choice?

kidhawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":25ljfnvf said:
Maelstrom787":25ljfnvf said:

Its Chris Jones man

I'm not sure the clue mandates it be in the first round....they may already have some deals lined up to trade back.......I'd hope they would trade back and gain some picks if the plan is to take Jones first.

kearly

Reaction score
Largent80":1v0msf5y said:
That was my first thought as well, as I was expecting Murphy to hype "Trading places" but nope.

This Carson Show appearance is from 1982, and the movie Trading Places came out in the Summer of 1983. It's possible that Pete wasn't aware of this though and in his own mind thought the clue could be a reference to that movie.

Trading Places would be an appropriate reference, given that the odds seem pretty high that Seattle will trade down today.

kearly

Reaction score
HawkGA":2rmir9b5 said:
Maelstrom787":2rmir9b5 said:

Its Chris Jones man

He's about as much of a 1st rounder as Justin Britt was a 2nd rounder.

Chapow

Reaction score
HawkGA":33x1he7h said:
Maelstrom787":33x1he7h said:

Its Chris Jones man

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/4/27/11497 ... ippi-state

Sounds like it depends on if there's a team or teams that believe he'll play with more effort more consistently. Some believe he has top 15 talent and athleticism, but seriously lacks effort and motor way too often.

kearly

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2jznlp82 said:
Here's practice for you:

For today's round 1 he'll probably put up a picture of Eddie Murphy and Dan aykroyd.

It took me way too long to get this joke.

MV5BMTc0ODg5NjYwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDU5MzY0MQ@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Chapow

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2gaeqzp3 said:
Chapow":2gaeqzp3 said:
bjornanderson21":2gaeqzp3 said:
It's pointless to use the "clues" to guess who we're going after.

You hate fun, don't you?

Percy Harvin.

I just wanted to throw that in so he reads it later and rages for a few hours.

That made me laugh. :lol:

kearly

Reaction score
Chapow":13jotirx said:
HawkGA":13jotirx said:
Maelstrom787":13jotirx said:

Its Chris Jones man

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/4/27/11497 ... ippi-state

Sounds like it depends on if there's a team or teams that believe he'll play with more effort more consistently. Some believe he has top 15 talent and athleticism, but seriously lacks effort and motor way too often.

He's a massive draft riser. Prior to the combine he was a 4th/5th rounder. Just after the combine he ranked 77th overall on the consensus big board. But now, he's part of that nebulous group of DTs ranging from the late 1st to late 2nd. His current stock is roughly on par with Jonathan Bullard's.

I personally don't get the hype at all. His athleticism would be good but not great in just about any other draft, and his tape is utterly forgettable. Unfortunately, I find Seattle's interest to be 100% believable since they like guys with massive untapped potential who can be coached up, who are athletic and who have long arms. Chris Jones has all of that. He's definitely a Seahawky pick, other than the lack of effort.

HawkGA

Reaction score
kidhawk":324hls5t said:
HawkGA":324hls5t said:
Maelstrom787":324hls5t said:

Its Chris Jones man

I'm not sure the clue mandates it be in the first round....they may already have some deals lined up to trade back.......I'd hope they would trade back and gain some picks if the plan is to take Jones first.

That's kind of what I was wondering.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
kearly":3fui0w0t said:
I personally don't get the hype at all. His athleticism would be good but not great in just about any other draft, and his tape is utterly forgettable. Unfortunately, I find Seattle's interest to be 100% believable since they like guys with massive untapped potential who can be coached up, who are athletic and who have long arms. Chris Jones has all of that. He's definitely a Seahawky pick, other than the lack of effort.

That's exactly what makes me think Pete's throwin' wiffle balls out there for folks to try and swing at with these "draft clues". Nothing but playing them.

kearly

Reaction score
kearly":21s4991g said:
Maelstrom787":21s4991g said:

Its Chris Jones man

Technically it's a pitbull in the joke, but I had the same thought.

It's worth mentioning that both Georgia and Louisiana Tech's mascots are also Bulldogs. Leonard Floyd played for Georgia and Vernon Butler played for Louisiana Tech.

kearly

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":ewfgbzmd said:
That's exactly what makes me think Pete's throwin' wiffle balls out there for folks to try and swing at with these "draft clues". Nothing but playing them.

I think Pete is probably offering real clues, at least in his own mind.

As far as Chris Jones, he is a very Seahawky prospect. It would not shock me at all if he was the pick at #26. I'd probably vomit a bit, but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Pie Romania

Reaction score
The fat jokes make me think Butler. Couple that with the dog mascot. First clue I need to go back and listen. Being bored waiting around for nothing on the first day seems likely.