Peters Signing with the Hawks

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hello Sgt Largent!

Maybe walk yourself back off of the deep edge a little bit, please...
This Jason Peters' signing isn't one that the "Dvl Dug" approved of.

RT Jake Curhan is an NFL offensive tackle, even if you don't want to admit it, and he has shown promise at times.
First tier, no, but he wasn't drafted 1st tier offensive tackle either. He is a solid backup in a pinch.

LT Stone Forsythe is also an NFL offensive tackle, probably not as good as Curhan, but teams do need someone to fill the void when an injury happens.

I wanted these monies & resources spent on a 340Lb Defensive Tackle instead.
3-4 Defenses don't win without one.

(What was your argument with me again? Do you even remember?)

I respect that you went full 3rd person here.

Peters is old as hell, but he's a proven (probably HOF) caliber tackle that Pete and Waldron can trust to at least not get embarrassed 50% of the offensive plays, like they'd have to worry about with Curhan.

You saw what happened in the 2nd half against the Rams. Do you really want to see that for another month or more before hopefully our tackles are back and healthy?

This team is suppose to be a playoff contender, I could care less about developing a dude who's never going to be more than a backup. This offense has to function now, not a month from now when Curhan only sucks 30% of the time and not 50-60%.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I thought he played well too but as a guard and in run blocking. As a tackle and in pass pro? Sunday wasn't good.
What I recall is the Hawks plugged in Curhan at RT and Rashaad Penny had some monster games with Curhan in there, that streak of 5 or so games where Penny had 140+ yards rushing. So I was expecting to see Curhan more and more in 2022, but then Abe Lucas happened.

Was Curhan playing guard at that point? My recall is hazy, but IIRC Curhan was in at RT for some of those and got major kudos for his run blocking.

hoxrox

Reaction score
What I recall is the Hawks plugged in Curhan at RT and Rashaad Penny had some monster games with Curhan in there, that streak of 5 or so games where Penny had 140+ yards rushing. So I was expecting to see Curhan more and more in 2022, but then Abe Lucas happened.

Was Curhan playing guard at that point? My recall is hazy, but IIRC Curhan was in at RT for some of those and got major kudos for his run blocking.
Yeah you're probably right. I thought they rotated him when he was doing well with run blocking.

rcaido

Reaction score
I can hear Geno squealing Oh My God when he heard the signing of a 41 year LT replacement...

Its possible Geno's rash of good luck may come to an end soon.

Seahawker

Reaction score
Good ol’ Seahawks. Replacing the tires when the engine is cracked.
Not a fair assessment, sometimes they also change out the air filter, put on new windshield wipers and hang a new scent of air freshener. You got the cracked block right though, but they usually unveil that in a nine year old shiny red performance car.

Okieseahawk

Reaction score
Brown was on TV last night, getting abused by the Bill's D-line. He's with the Jets
Brown was on TV last night, getting abused by the Bill's D-line. He's with the Jets now.
Brown was on TV last night, getting abused by the Bill's D-line. He's with the Jets now.
Wow, thought the dude retired at 38. I guess proven tackles have an extended shelf life in the NFL especially when you’re desperate for some decent help.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Turf toe is no joke, especially for dudes who weigh 300 lbs who need to put weight on their feet for balance and leverage.

So my guess is Cross is going to miss at least 2-3 weeks trying to get that foot right, and who knows about Lucas. Chronic knee? I can't even guess how you fix that mid season. He was resting that knee the entire off season and pre-season, and it still caused him to come out of the 1st game.

That's not good man.
I got turf toe doing martial arts over a decade ago, and it still bothers me sometimes, to the point of causing a limp when it flares up really bad.

Also, I remember Ed McCaffrey wearing shoes that were a size too small with the toes cut off to avoid turf toe.

cymatica

Reaction score
Yeah you're probably right. I thought they rotated him when he was doing well with run blocking.
Which begs the question: why the hell couldn't the coaches figure that out and start pounding the rock last week?

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Isn't turf toe basically your entire toe pulling back to the top of your foot? That just sounds incredibly painful to walk, let alone play football.
Turf Toe is a fancy term for spraining your big toe it can be very painful and making your foot almost useless ( think of spraining your thumb and how limited using that hand becomes). It will require resting, ice treatments and elevating the foot. I am pretty sure they will give him a special shoe to keep the toe from moving around

CouchLogic

Reaction score
If he can give a dude a breather that would help. These vet players always seem to rub off on the younger players. It'd be interesting to see what he brings to the table, and what the others take away from it.

gabel

Reaction score
Didn't Curhan play well to close the 21 season? Hopefully he can get his footing and return to at least that form.
He looked horrible in the pre season. He looks too heavy. His play Sunday was embarrassing to watch..That's the real reason we are making this desperate signing.

Latest posts