Peters Signing with the Hawks

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I hope Peters is in some form of football condition and hasn't just been keeping the couch warm. We're gonna need someone who can play like he used to. 41 isn't too old for a talented player to do his thing, especially as a lineman. He could still put up as good a fight as anyone if he's ready for it.

I always thought turf toe was more of a severe jam than being hyper extended. Maybe I misunderstood. I never had anything like that happen to my toes, but did have similar finger and thumb hurts.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I also thought that Curhan and Forsythe were the weak links when we saw the starters go out and then our OL play drop off. A rewatch tells a different story, as it was the interior OL really getting abused in the second half.

My best guess is that the real reason our OL fell off the cliff in the second half was Damien Lewis and his shoulder injury. He missed practice last week with it, but we clearly thought he could go when we made Ben Brown and Bradford inactive. However, I suspect he aggravated it during the game because as the game wore on he was unable to block any of the Rams DTs even a little bit. We didn't have anybody else who could go in at that point with Curhan at RT, so we had to either play Lewis or Olu, who only had one college game at guard back in 2019.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I also thought that Curhan and Forsythe were the weak links when we saw the starters go out and then our OL play drop off. A rewatch tells a different story, as it was the interior OL really getting abused in the second half.

My best guess is that the real reason our OL fell off the cliff in the second half was Damien Lewis and his shoulder injury. He missed practice last week with it, but we clearly thought he could go when we made Ben Brown and Bradford inactive. However, I suspect he aggravated it during the game because as the game wore on he was unable to block any of the Rams DTs even a little bit. We didn't have anybody else who could go in at that point with Curhan at RT, so we had to either play Lewis or Olu, who only had one college game at guard back in 2019.
They could have put Olu at center and moved Brown to guard. Brown has experience at guard and Olu can at the very least be a serviceable center. Isn't that why he was drafted in the first place?

Scout

Reaction score
Peters gives the team a hedge and might end up starting but it doesn't hurt to have experienced depth that can step in. Curhan and Forysthe are often cited as villains with Hawks fanbase but they are a lot better backup OTs compared to what is found on other NFL teams. The Hawks are blessed to have talented backup OTs that still need polish to their respective games.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
I watched the Hawks/Rams game again this morning.

Curhan had one bad play, resulting in a sack, which is quite common for an OT coming off the bench.

On that second sack, the DE stunted from the outside to the inside, and that is the OG's responsibility (Haynes) to pick up.

Trouble this week is not Jake Curhan, it's gonna more the Detroit Lyons.

Lagartixa

Reaction score

Gotta watch out for them. When Juninho Pernambucano played there, the team won the league title seven times in a row, from the 2001-02 season through the 2007-2008 season.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
Haven't heard much on the condition of Lucas. "sore patella" which they say nagged him through training camp. Hope it's not chronic, that would suck, he's a stud.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Dont we have a quarterback we can transition to Rt.....ala Cable?
Is Britt available?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Seems like a bit of a desperation signing, but this 41 year old player is likely far better than the backups presently on the roster.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
No because Pete loves his shiny new skill players more than trench monsters. 😡🤬
Wow! that's some real insight.....NOTTTT!!!
Your Sarcasm is CHILDISH, and offers up NOTHING of significance to ANY worthwhile conversation on this specific topic.

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
This seems like an urgent need...but is also a very smart move. Jason Peters should still have some gas in the tank...he will be strong, but will have lost most of his "twitch".

But, he can also "mentor" our young linemen like a coach on the field as well as offering training advice.
For right now...this is an A+ move.

We have also picked up some young talent in Raiqwon O’Neal, McClendon Curtis and re-signed Greg Eiland.

I still feel like the Seahawks can turn this around...