Perspective From a Packers Beat Writer

Optimus25

Reaction score
http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nf ... /95045594/

Thought I'd share this article I read today. Just another one of those pinch yourself can we really be this good every year kind of articles. It's amazing we just absolutely shredded and decimated a 15-1 team conference champion from a short year ago. Not For Long my ass, five years and still rolling.

Maulbert

Reaction score
I won't deny Lynch was our most important player (on offense, at least) but people like this writer fail to grasp the fact that no one player is bigger than the team. Also, this writer, much like every idiot with a microphone or computer this season seems to forget we played well over half of last season without Lynch and still made the playoffs. In fact, most of our wins were without him. But just try getting these morons to understand that...SMDH. :34853_doh:

253hawk

Reaction score
Maulbert":1u2xo8xp said:
I won't deny Lynch was our most important player (on offense, at least) but people like this writer fail to grasp the fact that no one player is bigger than the team. Also, this writer, much like every idiot with a microphone or computer this season seems to forget we played well over half of last season without Lynch and still made the playoffs. In fact, most of our wins were without him. But just try getting these morons to understand that...SMDH. :34853_doh:

Seriously, we went 3-4 with him last year and averaged almost 32 points per game without him down the stretch after his last game.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Maulbert":2fcyborx said:

This is the author's entire point of the article, that Schneider and Pete have done a fantastic job of finding depth just about everywhere cheaply and with different means, i.e. draft and free agency.

OP
OP
O

Optimus25

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3vr6d3n7 said:
Maulbert":3vr6d3n7 said:

This is the author's entire point of the article, that Schneider and Pete have done a fantastic job of finding depth just about everywhere cheaply and with different means, i.e. draft and free agency.

Thanks. I guess I forgot if you post from enemy territory it is automatically assumed to be a negative article?. Otherwise i didn't understand his post...

Smellyman

Reaction score
Lynch was a great player, but the success of the run game falls on RW more than anybody else. Something most people fail to grasp.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Optimus25":r1tmexkz said:
Sgt. Largent":r1tmexkz said:
Maulbert":r1tmexkz said:

Thanks. I guess I forgot if you post from enemy territory it is automatically assumed to be a negative article?. Otherwise i didn't understand his post...

I think that a lot of us have a tendency to react that way ... to think that just because someone is from an opposing fanbase, they can't possibly actually have an informed opinion, to have actual accurate information, and to truly be complimentary of their opponent. But we here at .Net have seen several opposing fans come through here throughout the years (like Guido) ... who clearly are not only respectful in the way they interact with us, but (believe it or not) show that they actually have brains.

This author (and this article in particular) is a prime example of that. He has clearly done his homework and this article shows that he understands not only our current situation ... but also a big part of WHY the Seahawks are year in and year out a good team -- John Schneider.

A couple of years ago, I was at O'Hare Airport and had the chance to interact with a husband and wife from Wisconsin -- both die hard Packer fans. We struck up a conversation and talked NFL for a good hour at least. Not only were they really nice people ... but REALLY SMART as far as the NFL was concerned -- and strangely objective as well. I also work with a guy who's originally from Wisconsin and a die hard Packer fan -- same exact thing. Real Smart, objective, knowledgeable, and respectful in terms of his NFL savvy. I know that they have their trolls (just like we do) ... but that's been my general experience when it comes to Packer fans. I've found them to be some of the nicest, most informed, and strangely most objective football fans I've come across. They can be quite complimentary of other teams ... while at the same time being die hard Packer fans. I know this, if I weren't born and bred Seahawks fan. If I didn't bleed Seahawks colors and the Seahawks franchise didn't exist, I'd probably be a Packers fan.