Percy Worry

mikeak

Reaction score
I am going to look at this completely 100% from a business perspective.

The Hawks are paying $13.4 million this year and $12.9 million the next two years. After this year the dead money goes down to $7.2million which if he can't play makes it very palatable to cut him.

So my opinion is if you pay $13.4 million for a player you use him to help the team. He got the right amount of touches yesterday and you keep it up all year long. If he stays healthy you keep him on the team because he is an unbelievable player. If he can't stay healthy this year you cut him, take a $7M hit on the books and move on

candybars

Reaction score
Did we pay him all that money and trade a 1st round pick so we could use him once or twice a game?

BamKam

Reaction score
We are paying him A LOT of money to play a good amount of snaps. He is one of the biggest weapons in the NFL, he needs to play a lot of snaps.

Remember before the season started he also said that this is the healthiest he has felt since HIGH SCHOOL. The last 2 seasons have been tough for him but before that he was pretty durable. Going into games he was questionable a lot because of migranes but he usually played.

bigDhawk

Reaction score
BamKam":2m0jb99y said:
We are paying him A LOT of money to play a good amount of snaps. He is one of the biggest weapons in the NFL, he needs to play a lot of snaps.

Remember before the season started he also said that this is the healthiest he has felt since HIGH SCHOOL. The last 2 seasons have been tough for him but before that he was pretty durable. Going into games he was questionable a lot because of migranes but he usually played.

The only thing that concerned me about Harvin's performance last night was the rift in the space-time continuum his warp speed created, thereby causing an entanglement paradox resulting in him frequently stumbling forward as his upper body occupied a quantum locus in the Higgs field a fraction of a second ahead of his feet. A change in cleets will likely restore balance to the universe, thereby allowing him to house all those stumbling plays that otherwise went for only 10 to 20 yard chunks, and saving us all from being sucked into cosmos-annihilating vortex.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
bigDhawk":1efk5n8p said:
BamKam":1efk5n8p said:

The only thing that concerned me about Harvin's performance last night was the rift in the space-time continuum his warp speed created, thereby causing an entanglement paradox resulting in him frequently stumbling forward as his upper body occupied a quantum locus in the Higgs field a fraction of a second ahead of his feet. A change in cleets will likely restore balance to the universe, thereby allowing him to house all those stumbling plays that otherwise went for only 10 to 20 yard chunks, and saving us all from being sucked into cosmos-annihilating vortex.

This is the only legitimate concern I've heard thus far.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
bigDhawk":ucsuakgg said:
BamKam":ucsuakgg said:

Strong science.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
drcool":2tzjeefm said:
My guess is they feed him the ball a lot these first two games to scare the crap out of opposing D-coordinators and then start using him as a decoy more and more. Give him 10-12 touches a game and spread the others out to Kearse, Baldwin, Miller, Willson, etc.

Yep. We want to use him. He's a great weapon, another Beast Mode. We're not scared when Marshawn piles into people headfirst and drags them for yards and yards.

But my guess is similar: we'll use him very generously just long enough to make opposing teams key into only half the aspects of our offense, then change it up and score on them with Baldwin and Kearse. Then change it up and let Percy loose again. And all the while with Beast Mode churning up the yards.

This offense is scary good looking this year, and Percy is a big reason why.

Largent80

Reaction score
This is absolutely the best time ever to be a Seahawk fan. Even a douchbag friend I work wit ( a devout Raider fan) asked me for a T-Shirt site to jump on the bandwagon after last night.

I HATE it but Love it simutaniously.

DynoHawk

Reaction score
drcool":20ckczdl said:
My guess is they feed him the ball a lot these first two games to scare the crap out of opposing D-coordinators and then start using him as a decoy more and more. Give him 10-12 touches a game and spread the others out to Kearse, Baldwin, Miller, Willson, etc.

This.

Beast Mode

Reaction score
I'm not worried about Percy Harvin one bit, the thought that he's somehow "injury prone" because of the migraines and that fluke hip surgery is such a complete media fabrication. Any player can get injured on any play, any time. That's just the nature of the game. I've always had the hunch he was put on IR in 2012 because the incredibly inept Vikings coaching staff and management did not want to deal with the fact he knew Ponder was awful and was outspoken about it. I mean come on! Who goes to the IR in week 10 for an ankle sprain? I will never respect the Vikings franchise for doing that.

I mean, I'm not saying to give Percy the ball 50 times a game, but it would be a complete shame to not take advantage of his talents as much as possible. He's going to open things up for everybody. He's going to help Russell Wilson take that next step towards being an elite quarterback in the NFL. And the best part is? It's just barely begun. I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot more Percy Harvin as the year goes by. If there's any Seahawk who can finally reach that elusive 1,000 yard receiving season - it's Percy.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Beast Mode":3k5g0ynw said:
I'm not worried about Percy Harvin one bit, the thought that he's somehow "injury prone" because of the migraines and that fluke hip surgery is such a complete media fabrication. Any player can get injured on any play, any time. That's just the nature of the game. I've always had the hunch he was put on IR in 2012 because the incredibly inept Vikings coaching staff and management did not want to deal with the fact he knew Ponder was awful and was outspoken about it. I mean come on! Who goes to the IR in week 10 for an ankle sprain? I will never respect the Vikings franchise for doing that.

I mean, I'm not saying to give Percy the ball 50 times a game, but it would be a complete shame to not take advantage of his talents as much as possible. He's going to open things up for everybody. He's going to help Russell Wilson take that next step towards being an elite quarterback in the NFL. And the best part is? It's just barely begun. I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot more Percy Harvin as the year goes by. If there's any Seahawk who can finally reach that elusive 1,000 yard receiving season - it's Percy.

From everything I have heard he could of played with the Vikings before the end of the season but they decided to hold him out for some unknown reason. I dont see how he is injury prone either. Before his injury against Seattle he barely missed any games and the only issue was with the headaches which were solved.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":zpw3plmf said:
Even without Percy this team is pretty good. But what good is having him if you don't use him?

Honestly though, I wouldn't mind if the team shelved him for the next 10 weeks or so to keep him "fresh". What I'm excited to see is how he changes the dynamics of the games with the 49ers. I'm expecting that to be just a whole lot of fun.

If you play not to get hurt you will get hurt, so generally is most athlete's experience with injuries.

Percy is a freak, and the team with Percy on O is exponentially better than without him. Percy has not recently had a good injury history but has really only lost any other significant time to a severe high ankle sprain and a serious hip labrum condition that required surgery and a long rehab. He's better from both and coddling him is playing not to get hurt. Much is made of his migraine time off but that amounted to 3 games in two seasons before his underlying condition causing the migraines was diagnosed and solution was found for the condition. To regard him as injury prone fails to recognize that until the ankle sprain he was very reliable. I predict he will be reliable again.

chris98251

Reaction score
They showcased him and neither Denver or GB could stop him, DC's are going to have to adjust for him which pulls coverage off someone which will open up the offense even more. Building blocks for a bigger explosion.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I think Percy will be fine and do good things this year..The only concern I have is from watching the game I noticed he was tripping or slipping a few times while trying to shift into hyper drive..Is this the field or shoes ect?

sutz

Reaction score
He played more plays last night than he played all last season. Kid needs the work. :laugh:

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
drcool":3b30ub7n said:
I think the approach is two-pronged. Changing up how we use him definitely makes sense. Go ahead and concentrate on Percy. We will gash them with Lynch or get major chunks through air with Kearse and Baldwim.
That said, Pete eluded to all of the plays they still have in store that involve Percy. No better way to fully implement them than during actual games at maybe 2-3 'new' plays per game. By the time that levels off, opposing DCs should be absolutely obsessed with Percy and the slaughter will be on.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
bigDhawk":2ddibie0 said:
BamKam":2ddibie0 said:

You sir are ALMOST as large of a nerd as myself. Very impressive.