Percy Harvin won't play Monday Night

tifferradish

Reaction score
Liz Mathews 710 ESPN @Liz_Mathews

#Seahawks WR Percy Harvin will not play Monday night per Carroll.
1:06 PM - 26 Oct 2013

I got this notification just a few moments ago, kinda sucks, but expected. Better to have him 100% for a game that could actually be a test for the Hawks.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Not surprised. Carroll wasn't going to put him out there without at least two weeks of practice.

Where you at, T-Sizzle?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2y5lsh7f said:
Not surprised. Carroll wasn't going to put him out there without at least two weeks of practice.

Where you at, T-Sizzle?

Should have shown confidence and made a bet with me. You could have been ___ dollars richer.

The Outfield

Reaction score
With as much as I am dying to see him play, I'd rather see him rest the next two games, since they shouldn't be too difficult.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Bummer. Was hoping to see him Monday. If he is ready and cleared, he needs to play (maybe not start or be in on every play). He could just as easily get hurt during practice.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Hope that "officially" ruling him out now means he is very close to playing, like a couple weeks away.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2ngxv3qt said:
Bummer. Was hoping to see him Monday. If he is ready and cleared, he needs to play (maybe not start or be in on every play). He could just as easily get hurt during practice.

Define "needs to play" please. Ive heard if before from people and I dont get it. By what criteria does he "need" to play? I mean maybe you would like it if he plays. But I dont get the "needs to" part.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2yzd7jcj said:
My thoughts also! I believe he is in shape and could handle a couple plays and he still might do this. The game speed will require a little more stress on his hip then the practice speed and I think the office is a little apprehensive at this point. I would put him out there and put all bad thoughts to rest. He needs to play. Are we really going to benefit by waiting?

Tical21

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":11pidmqi said:
Sports Hernia":11pidmqi said:

Define "needs to play" please. Ive heard if before from people and I dont get it. By what criteria does he "need" to play? I mean maybe you would like it if he plays. But I dont get the "needs to" part.
I think he "needs" to play when reasonably healthy also, but certainly not before. He is a very, very unique player. Just not many people like him in the league. Although you can use him just fine in normal sets, running normal plays, he is most effective in specialized situations. Since these are a bit outside of what the offense normally does, I would expect it takes a bit of separate time to put these into the playbook. You're not just waiting for him to pick-up the playbook and run your slot plays, you're literally teaching new plays and timing to your whole offense. I think it is going to take more time for him to be used correctly than most players, and it may take several weeks before he is being used optimally. Therefore, if you're needing him to be effective for the New Orleans/SF games, I think you need to get him started with game reps sooner rather than later.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I would rather him come back for the Bucs game. Give him another week of practice, bring him in for spot duty in the Tampa game. That way he can go full throttle for the road game in Atlanta.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
I suspect that we will see Percy more and more beginning with the Bucs at Home. I see him contributing even more as we play Atlanta on the Road on November 10th. By the time we play the Vikings at Home, I would expect to see him in 15-20 plays that game. Then the BYE. When we play the Saints, I believe that he will be a major contributor in our victory.

Now, I know that I have posted previously that Percy may not "start with a bang". However, I have a feeling that our coaching staff wants him to start slowly so he not only gains confidence, but also knowledge of our schemes. Pete and his team of coaches are extremely intelligent and know what to do with each player at their level of expertise and health.....even with a veteran like Percy Harviin

GoHawks425

Reaction score
I think it's smart to be cautious. We should win the next two games comfortably so there's no need to rush him back. I'll be going to the Bucs game though so the selfish fan in me wants him to get in that game but we should probably save him for the Falcons game at the earliest.

Tical21

Reaction score
You're not going to be able to keep Percy on the bench once he is in uniform. He's going to be in your ear every play, every kick and punt return, and probably even on defense. He's just got that uber competitve, ADHD style attitude. I think sitting him out this week reflects that they're not ready to fully unleash him. Taking it slow? This kid doesn't do anything slow. They may not run 8 screens for him his first week back, but if he is in uniform, whoever decides he can't go on the field is going to have sore eardrums by the end of the day.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
On one hand I'm bummed, I wanna see the guy play.

On the other hand, because of all the hawks games on the road so far, I haven't been to the clink since beating up the jags because I let my sister use my seat for the titans. Harvin being possibly called outta the tunnel for the first time against the bucs would work.