Penny Injured Again

W

Welshers

Here we go again...

(Whitesnake, great song for you young ones)

balakoth

Reaction score
Hamstring Tightness.. after a full off season... Imagine that... They gotta get their stories in some how right now

sutz

Reaction score
Yeah, it falls into the worry about his injury history, but hammie tightness is hardly unheard of early in the OTA's. Besides, he doesn't need the work in the system install like Walker does. If this bleeds into training camp I'll get concerned.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Lol what would a tight hamstring be without a whiney thread. Pete gives veterans - especially running backs - a lot of easy days in camp. If you'll recall money Lynch's back spasms, etc. Chill out.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Voluntary OTAs are primarily for players looking to make the team and/or increase their playing time come the regular season.

Chris Carson when healthy hasn't been a participant nor was Marshawn Lynch.

This is a nothing-burger imo.

toffee

Reaction score
And this is why I was over the moon thrilled when the Seahawks drafted a running back of Walker's caliber. Penny is about as reliable as my Ford Focus (not very).
I had a first generation Ford focus zx3, it was a fun car, but yes, not well built.

John63

Reaction score
At this point, I would be more surprised if he was not injured. Reminds me of another Hawks RB that could not stay healthy

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I mean, I get that OTAs are for players looking to make the team/ increase playing time in the regular season, but isn't that exactly what Penny is trying to do? He's on a prove it deal, if I am not mistaken. Being said, I don't read too much into a tight hammy in the first few outings.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I had a first generation Ford focus zx3, it was a fun car, but yes, not well built.
My 2002 ZTW and 2007 ZX3 (sold) have both been good-running, reliable cars, especially when I fix the issues that come up myself. I mean, all you have to do is watch the videos on YouTube and you can fix bad water pump, bad tensioner pulley, bad alternator, bad blower fan, bad heater control resistor, failed power window regulator, and even deteriorated motor mounts. I did. (Except decided to live with the worn motor mounts a bit longer) The water pump was the worst. Granted, some people would rather junk the car than put up with all that. Once that stuff is fixed, they are reliable, economical, at times zippy little cars.

Anyway, let's "focus" on Penny. We can hope this is a Penny injury that can be fixed by rest and therapy, and not the start of another cycle of injuries that continually makes him unavailable to play. I got a (Toyota) Scion to drive when the Focus was unavailable. It's never let me down. I think the Hawks did the same in getting Kenneth Walker III in the draft, so they always have a reliable car available. Sure, it costs a few $$ extra per year for the insurance, but at crunch time when you need a few yards, or a few miles, the insurance is worth it.

P.S. Just stay away from the 1st gen Focus models with the split port engine. The split port 2.0 is a great motor until the valve seat(s) break loose at about 70K and rattle around and destroy the motor from inside. (Carson) Stick with the Zetec (Penny) or the newer Duratec (Walker III) motors. Let's hope that the docs finally figured out they need to install a new tensioner pulley on Penny so he stops eating S-belts (hamstrings).

DHawk

Reaction score
Lol what would a tight hamstring be without a whiney thread. Pete gives veterans - especially running backs - a lot of easy days in camp. If you'll recall money Lynch's back spasms, etc. Chill out.
Yes, back spasms from DESTROYING people who tried to tackle him for his entire career. Penny sustains a hamstring injury when he puts his cleats on.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Did it come with Air Bags & Paper Bags (with eye holes)? HAHAHAHAHAHA!!
Sorry, I just couldn't resist.
You could have done the smart thing & bought yerself one of them-there 'YUGOS', I heard that they was a Collector's car (dust collector)

Own The West

Reaction score

On topic: Penny is practicing again. It really was just a minor precaution.

Off topic:
If you haven't read this, take the time. Lots of gems: Smith is running with the 1s. Lockett likes what he sees from Lock, says Geno approach is different this year now that he has a chance to win the job. Lewis is back at LG. Haynes is playing RG since Jackson is sitting out. Curran at RT. Walker is behind Homer and Dallas, running with the 1s while Carson and Penny are out. "Clint Hurtt is demanding accountability from his defense that has already changed from last year." He also said we'll play a lot more nickel this year.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
FWIW, I read somewhere Dallas has been mentioned as a trade target by...Dallas.
I like having Penny and Walker in the stable working together. Hope they can get through an entire season that way. Homer a good third, has added weight so should be even better at protection and maybe getting tough YAC...after CONTACT more than after catch. He just wasn't able to bull his way through any defenders, but he had some great plays for us on ST.

sutz

Reaction score
FWIW, I read somewhere Dallas has been mentioned as a trade target by...Dallas.
I like having Penny and Walker in the stable working together. Hope they can get through an entire season that way. Homer a good third, has added weight so should be even better at protection and maybe getting tough YAC...after CONTACT more than after catch. He just wasn't able to bull his way through any defenders, but he had some great plays for us on ST.
Yeah, not a fan of dumping Dallas, unless the numbers just don't work out. I certainly don't see a need to do it before camp.