Pay Kam

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
I hope Seattle doesn't give in to anything in this.

Make him pay the fines, suspend him for conduct detrimental to the season if he thinks he can show up after Week 10, don't trade him, and don't pay him an extra cent.

Try and screw with us and we'll take your money and a precious year of your playing career without batting an eyelash.

andyh64000

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":3m9qwr2f said:
I hope Seattle doesn't give in to anything in this.

Make him pay the fines, suspend him for conduct detrimental to the season if he thinks he can show up after Week 10, don't trade him, and don't pay him an extra cent.

Try and screw with us and we'll take your money and a precious year of your playing career without batting an eyelash.

Maybe we should egg his house and slash his tires too.

ringless

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":38j2vx0s said:
Prediction...

We're one or two weeks away from a trade.

Prediction. If that happens. Seahawks fans will be disappointed with the return of said trade. Because it wont involve a first round pick.

SS is undervalued in NFL
Kam Chancellor has a large contract for a SS.
Kam Chancellor would be demanding more money for said new team
New Team has now missed 2 games of his production of a remaining 48 thus losing 4% or his remaining contract as of today and counting.
Kam Chancellor is coming off an injury

Maybe the Seahawks get a 2nd and 6th at best... Most likely something with a 3rd round pick and some other mid-late round pick.

Basis4day

Reaction score
ringless":q7nw1r1p said:
theENGLISHseahawk":q7nw1r1p said:
Prediction...

Prediction. If that happens. Seahawks fans will be disappointed with the return of said trade. Because it wont involve a first round pick.

SS is undervalued in NFL
Kam Chancellor has a large contract for a SS.
Kam Chancellor would be demanding more money for said new team
New Team has now missed 2 games of his production of a remaining 48 thus losing 4% or his remaining contract as of today and counting.
Kam Chancellor is coming off an injury

Maybe the Seahawks get a 2nd and 6th at best... Most likely something with a 3rd round pick and some other mid-late round pick.

Absolutely. Giving up 1st rd picks for Harvin and Graham were the exception to common trade value in Today's NFL.

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2df8plgv said:
Prediction...

Great prediction - I agree 100%

There is no way this ends well for either side. If the team gives in, then it sets precedent and other players are pissed. If Kam gives in and comes to play, he feels disrespected and plays to "not get hurt". This is a clear lose-lose situation

12thMan

Reaction score
I am so torn with this debacle.
Pay Kam and have a decent shot at hoisting the 50th Lombardi on 49er turf.
Trade Kam to the Saints and get Max back. :stirthepot:
Don't give in to Kam and pray this never ending distraction won't affect future Lombardi's.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
12thMan":3k4mapui said:
Don't give in to Kam and pray this never ending distraction won't affect future Lombardi's.

Interesting trade suggestion...

12thMan

Reaction score
JAGHAWK":2rkho354 said:
12thMan":2rkho354 said:

Saw that one of the Saints safety's went down...definitely would be easier on the 12's if that trade ever came to be.

ringless

Reaction score
12thMan":jj9dloso said:
JAGHAWK":jj9dloso said:
12thMan":jj9dloso said:

Saw that one of the Saints safety's went down...definitely would be easier on the 12's if that trade ever came to be.

They don't have the cap room this year or next. They are already projected to be a few million over next years cap due to the cap hell they put themselves in.

Rob12

Reaction score
This has to be eating at him. He can say he's "at peace" all he wants. But eventually, the reality sets in and you see the consequences of your actions. The minority voice here won't agree, but I'm damn happy that the organization didn't cave. When this team hits its stride without him, as the millions pile up, the realization will come to him. That pride and that ego will eventually weaken and he'll wonder what in the hell has he actually accomplished?

Meanwhile, the Hawks will have moved on.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
12thMan":18gqbois said:

I didn't think that he really played "lights out" in the season opener. I didn't think that he earned his pay.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2cbrj47p said:
WindCityHawk":2cbrj47p said:
TheRealDTM":2cbrj47p said:
trade that turd to cleveland.

Don't even trade him. I say keep his contract nicely folded in Allen's front pocket. If he ever wants to play the game he claims to love so much, he does it as a Seahawk, as he agreed to do. Or he can never play again. His story would serve as a warning to other players like a shipwreck at the foot of a lighthouse.

Agree.
YEP!!
Paul Allen needs to tell him, "You ain't the only one who can be an asshole on this one Kam".

scutterhawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":30p4ryie said:
The Seahawks demonstrated today that they have not succeeded in drafting/acquiring for their DB depth. At least not yet. Kam is not perfect, and he's made mistakes in coverage, but Seattle making such a poor showing against such a poor offense is a startling gap. One that I don't think Seattle can afford justifying less than a million to keep.

Frankly, I think both sides are on the rope now.
And Kam is the one that put himself in this Cluster #$&k situation, and there's no excuse for it.
So stay at home and ride the sofa cushions Kam.
You are definitely worth more than you've signed for, but you are not worth scuttling the whole CAP System for, fire your Agents ass, and show up for your brothers, or stay at home and try and convince yourself that you're in the right, and doing the Lords bidding.

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
I know this is going to be a terribly unpopular thing to say, but maybe the NFL just needs to start guaranteeing contracts like everybody else, that would eliminate all this crap.

Back when the League profits were measured in the hundreds of thousands it was not feasible to guarantee contracts for such a dangerous sport, but with profits now in the billions, and with all the scrutinuy on the NFL taking care of it's retired players with medical issues (especially brain related), it's time to make the change.

It wouldn't break my heart if we were the ones to open that Pandora's box for Kam

Hawkpower

Reaction score
c_hawkbob":1yxzent1 said:
I know this is going to be a terribly unpopular thing to say, but maybe the NFL just needs to start guaranteeing contracts like everybody else, that would eliminate all this crap.

Back when the League profits were measured in the hundreds of thousands it was not feasible to guarantee contracts for such a dangerous sport, but with profits now in the billions, and with all the scrutinuy on the NFL taking care of it's retired players with medical issues (especially brain related), it's time to make the change.

It wouldn't break my heart if we were the ones to open that Pandora's box for Kam

Is the NFL's "model" at fault here or the player who is making mind numbingly weird decisions?

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
Hawkpower":4ltfki1n said:
c_hawkbob":4ltfki1n said:

Is the NFL's "model" at fault here or the player who is making mind numbingly weird decisions?
Not gonna even try to defend Kam's decision making here, I think that has everyone baffled, and assigning blame isn't my point either, if I were going that route I'd blame the player's union for lame negotiating ... I'm just thinking a little outside the box here hoping to resolve this whole mess.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Think players half-ass it once they get paid now? Just imagine what it would be like with fully guaranteed contracts. NO incentive to take the abuse. Sure, there will be players that bust their ass because they love the game, but that is far from true for a substantial percentage of NFL players.

Narniaman

Reaction score
c_hawkbob":3ozkxb3i said:

Not a problem.

In Kam's situation, for example, all that would have needed to have been done was for him to sign a four year contract for $7,825,000 100% guaranteed, instead of a four year $28,002,008 contract that is only guaranteed for $7,825,000.

And it wouldn't be a problem to throw in some incentive clauses too for the 100% guaranteed contract, so if he makes all-pro or whatever he gets an extra $100,000 or so. . .

Is that what you have in mind???

Latest posts