Pay Kam

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
andyh64000":15qmjnf1 said:
BadgerVid":15qmjnf1 said:
I see most as more demonstrations "pour encourager les autres" rather than with an intent to humiliate him.

For some it seems to have gotten personal to an extent that they want him humiliated. In any event I would still rather see him back than executed (metaphorically speaking of course).

Please explain how the organization wants him humiliated.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
andyh64000":xr6feegh said:
BadgerVid":xr6feegh said:
I see most as more demonstrations "pour encourager les autres" rather than with an intent to humiliate him.

For some it seems to have gotten personal to an extent that they want him humiliated. In any event I would still rather see him back than executed (metaphorically speaking of course).

Everyone wants him back, if he is going to apologize and go back to being the Kam that we knew and loved before July.

Nobody wants him humiliated....but at the same time, a message needs to be sent to all that this kind of garbage will never happen again.

andyh64000

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":1wqsxtd8 said:
andyh64000":1wqsxtd8 said:
BadgerVid":1wqsxtd8 said:

Please explain how the organization wants him humiliated.

I never said that...just the opposite in fact. I was referring to many people on this message board.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
glad i didnt get an elite kam jersey...i have a white one but will wear my harvin hersey b4 i wear the kam again....

seahawk 17

Reaction score
I am so sick of the, "If we had Kam, we would of won talk."

We have lost to the Rams before with Kam on the field.

RW92

Reaction score
andyh64000":2sfmxe6h said:
Rob12":2sfmxe6h said:
OK. So let's move past the numbers for just one minute. Let's look at the possibility of whether or not this relationship can actually be SAVED. Because that's the question, isn't it? People much smarter than you or I will figure out the numbers if this somehow gets resolved. But as fans, let's talk about the fact that Kam will have missed, at a minimum, two games. He hasn't talked to Earl Thomas in over a month. He hasn't talked to Richard Sherman in three weeks. That's the backbone of this defense, and Kam hasn't been in touch with either of these two guys.

The fans are overwhelming on the Seahawks side. I talked with a lifelong, 20+ season ticket holder today that told me he'd rather have the Seahawks finish 0-16 than give in to even one of Kam's wants.

It seems severed now. And numbers aside, I don't see how this all fits together. How can this dude just walk in the locker room and think that things are going to be just fine? That's what I can't get past.

We pay him, as the OP suggested. What then? I'm genuinely asking. There has not been a holdout of this magnitude under the current CBA. That's a undeniable FACT. So let's say this thing gets handled... What then?

Think this through.

Personally, I think this charade has went beyond the point of no return.

They would have to find a way for Kam to save face. I am sure at this point he wishes he never held out but he can't come back now without a new deal unless he fires his agent because his agent is going to look like a complete fool when all is said and done and worse if Kam gets nothing. I know the buck stops at Kam but when agents are fighting over players rival agents are always going to say "look how much he f'ed up Kam Chancellor". No way does Kam's agent let him just come back for nothing before week 10. I really thing this week is it. He is either back on Tuesday or he will just come back week 10.

Agree with you completely. I just have to realize that this might be a different type of year. Hey it was a good run. But if they can't pull off a win this week, dissension and turmoil will start to erode a core that truly could have made 3 Super Bowls in a row. Things happen in life. What we as fans must do however is just stick with our team, no matter how painful it may seem and wait for Kam to return, if he will, latter in the season. So I say cheer for the Seahawks who are here, nohting more nothing less. And take one game at a time. Good luck on Sunday Hawks. You will need it.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
RW92":1mq7scso said:
andyh64000":1mq7scso said:
Rob12":1mq7scso said:
OK. So let's move past the numbers for just one minute. Let's look at the possibility of whether or not this relationship can actually be SAVED. Because that's the question, isn't it? People much smarter than you or I will figure out the numbers if this somehow gets resolved. But as fans, let's talk about the fact that Kam will have missed, at a minimum, two games. He hasn't talked to Earl Thomas in over a month. He hasn't talked to Richard Sherman in three weeks. That's the backbone of this defense, and Kam hasn't been in touch with either of these two guys.

The fans are overwhelming on the Seahawks side. I talked with a lifelong, 20+ season ticket holder today that told me he'd rather have the Seahawks finish 0-16 than give in to even one of Kam's wants.

It seems severed now. And numbers aside, I don't see how this all fits together. How can this dude just walk in the locker room and think that things are going to be just fine? That's what I can't get past.

We pay him, as the OP suggested. What then? I'm genuinely asking. There has not been a holdout of this magnitude under the current CBA. That's a undeniable FACT. So let's say this thing gets handled... What then?

Think this through.

Personally, I think this charade has went beyond the point of no return.

They would have to find a way for Kam to save face. I am sure at this point he wishes he never held out but he can't come back now without a new deal unless he fires his agent because his agent is going to look like a complete fool when all is said and done and worse if Kam gets nothing. I know the buck stops at Kam but when agents are fighting over players rival agents are always going to say "look how much he f'ed up Kam Chancellor". No way does Kam's agent let him just come back for nothing before week 10. I really thing this week is it. He is either back on Tuesday or he will just come back week 10.

Agree with you completely. I just have to realize that this might be a different type of year. Hey it was a good run. But if they can't pull off a win this week, dissension and turmoil will start to erode a core that truly could have made 3 Super Bowls in a row. Things happen in life. What we as fans must do however is just stick with our team, no matter how painful it may seem and wait for Kam to return, if he will, latter in the season. So I say cheer for the Seahawks who are here, nohting more nothing less. And take one game at a time. Good luck on Sunday Hawks. You will need it.

And if that happens we can all blame Kam fully for it. All because he couldnt handle a frontloaded contract

BlueTalon

Reaction score
RW92":oyg2ydt8 said:
Hey it was a good run.
We're not out of it yet. Even if we lose this Sunday, we're still in it. A lot of people were looking at our schedule and kinda expecting us to go 0-2 anyway.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
In 2005 we were 1-2 and ended up with home field advantage. Last year we were 3-3.

0-2 over two road games isn't ending a 16 game season before it barely kicks off.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":3pffyvfo said:
Hawkfan77":3pffyvfo said:
Maelstrom787":3pffyvfo said:
SalishHawkFan":3pffyvfo said:
The NFL teams can cut a guy and just forget about the contract anytime they want. If a player can't live up to his contract, they void it. But didn't THEY agree to a contract too? But an employee try to do the same and everyone is yelling Screw Kam. Well, he has a right to do the exact opposite of what the team would do to him.

He's playing ABOVE contract, so he's voiding it, just like they'd do if he played BELOW it.
Yeah, thats not true, not even a little bit. Someone doesn't have a firm grasp on contract rules in the NFL...

That's exactly how it is. Please explain how it's wrong.

For one thing, when a contract is "voided", both team and player move on. Kam Can't move on because he is still obligated to play for the contract he signed. He could throw away millions of dollars and a year of his prime, but the contract still isn't voided. If he sits out the year, he will still have to play three years under his current contract or retire. If he sits out til week 10, he will have to pay the Seahawks more than he will have made at the end of the season and will still have two years left on his contract.

Cartire

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2zswtn5e said:
In 2005 we were 1-2 and ended up with home field advantage. Last year we were 3-3.

0-2 over two road games isn't ending a 16 game season before it barely kicks off.

Preach it.

For the last 3 years, we go on a run the second half of the season. Im starting to think its systematic. Don't show anything crazy. Play simple. Save your bodies (we have been pretty fortunate in the injury dept, FOR THE MOST PART).

Then, we go on a run healthy and new. New schemes, new plays, fresh attitude. (I know Im deluding myself, but its worked so far).

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Kam's been paid, and quite handsomely I might add.
IF there were no such thing as a CAP, then I'd say pay him 50 Million of Paul Allen's Money.
Seriously though, there has to be a point where a player & Teams have to honor signed contracts.
What we're seeing now, is untethered greed, and it's got to be corralled.
So far, Kam has taught his "Brothers" that when it comes to >>ME<< and the money I want?, well Brothers?, Y'all are on your own.
LOB indeed :34853_doh:
Maybe you can blow smoke up the next "BROTHERS" asses on the next team you sign with.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
12% of teams go 0-2 and make the playoffs, if it happens we aren't in a good spot be honest.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":1zs5qxwg said:
12% of teams go 0-2 and make the playoffs, if it happens we aren't in a good spot be honest.

I can't stand stats like this. They are pointless unless you can give me the percentage of 2015 Seattle Seahawk teams that start 0-2 and don't make the playoffs. Different team, different schedule, different circumstances, different everything.

mrblitz

Reaction score
who's that kid... coyle? the one who is as big and quick as kam? make the new kid ss and move on... have baily as backup while he learns to play in space...

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3cl64odo said:
TheRealDTM":3cl64odo said:

I can't stand stats like this. They are pointless unless you can give me the percentage of 2015 Seattle Seahawk teams that start 0-2 and don't make the playoffs. Different team, different schedule, different circumstances, different everything.

This haha....Most of those 0-2 teams probably actually do suck. I would also say its VERY rare to face a divisional foe on the road as well as the other NFC favorite on the road in back to back games. Usually you have an away game and a home game. Why do we have 2 away games btw. Does anyone else in the entire NFL have to play 2 away games this year to start the year off?

JustTheTip

Reaction score
andyh64000":3hgan8oz said:
BadgerVid":3hgan8oz said:

Humiliated no, humbled yes. If he does come back I think it is going to be one of three ways:

1) Comes back week 10 every year to get his credited year. Not good for the team.
2) Comes back defeated and likely mad (not in a good way.) Not good for the team.
3) Comes back humbled. Lesson learned by him, example for other players and something the team can build on.

Cartire

Reaction score
Bitter":2b8vujyd said:
andyh64000":2b8vujyd said:
BadgerVid":2b8vujyd said:

Humiliated no, humbled yes. If he does come back I think it is going to be one of three ways:

1) Comes back week 10 every year to get his credited year. Not good for the team.
2) Comes back defeated and likely mad (not in a good way.) Not good for the team.
3) Comes back humbled. Lesson learned by him, example for other players and something the team can build on.

If option 1 was the case, he would officially be the dumbest player in the history of the NFL. His prime years gone and millions upon millions lost, and absolutely no shot at a decent contract after its over.

BASF

Reaction score
I can't really see how Kam isn't done. Even if by some miracle he is in game shape, he won't come back ready physically for the true impact of the game. He will be injured like almost all other holdouts. The only resson I can see for this holdout in the first place is he is more injured than anyone knows and is looking to cash in before he has to leave the game.
As far as saving face, it will not happen. I would expect Kam to dog it just like Vernon Davis did last year when he did the same as Kam is doing now. Only Davis was smart enough to not miss real games.

ringless

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":1bv90a2m said:
Seanhawk":1bv90a2m said:
TheRealDTM":1bv90a2m said:

This haha....Most of those 0-2 teams probably actually do suck. I would also say its VERY rare to face a divisional foe on the road as well as the other NFC favorite on the road in back to back games. Usually you have an away game and a home game. Why do we have 2 away games btw. Does anyone else in the entire NFL have to play 2 away games this year to start the year off?

Titans lions and Ravens. So I guess we can end that line of thinking

Latest posts