Paul Richardson.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
bbsplitter":6tqb0fxg said:
So if we have Lockett, Baldwin, and eventually Richardson as quality starters, as much as we love Kearse I imagine getting him re-signed is on the lower end of priorities and definitely something they will not over pay for?

If you were to ask John Schneider, he would say that they NEVER "over pay" any player. Now...he might admit to rewarding a player for their excellent on field performance.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
Yes, he was a waste of a pick. Reminds e a lot of Jamison Konz. Great deal of potential, inability to stay on the field.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
How long do we have him at rookie salary, and if he is injured most of the year, does that tack on another year at rookie pay?

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
johnnyfever":14vu23zr said:
How long do we have him at rookie salary, and if he is injured most of the year, does that tack on another year at rookie pay?
Two more years... and.... no.

Wherever did you get that idea?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
King Dog":3ij34wxg said:
Hawk-Lock":3ij34wxg said:
Should have drafted Allen Robinson.

Should have drafted Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady

IMO Robinson fit what we needed more than what PRich offered at the time of the draft. We needed a big body WR and that's exactly what Robinson was. Obviously it is easy to say a couple years later but I really wanted Robinson at that pick.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
blazen2392":1o4nrtjx said:
seriously. what do people see in paul richardson?

He never showed any close to the potential Lockett has. What am i missing here?

Richardson was becoming a huge part of the passing offense in the end of 2014. His target counts were extremely close to Baldwin's. His drop rate was zero for the entire season. His third down conversion rates per target were the best on the team. Statistically, he was superb and Wilson very clearly developed a well founded trust in him.

He was clutch, reliable and explosive. So there was/is a TON to be excited for.

I am hoping that he recovers well and returns to form. Knee injuries aren't the death knell they used to be. Richardson gives us a ridiculously dynamic trio of wideouts. Add Graham to that mix and Seattle could run 55% of the time and Wilson could still top 5,000 yards.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1y9m8j2v said:
Should have drafted Allen Robinson.

This is a futile post, and I don't think it's the first time you've said it this season. C'mon, you're better than that.

Bwarren":1y9m8j2v said:
Richardson is a bust. Can't stay healthy to save his life. 90% of people don't improve after ACL surgery. Time to find the next Lockette in the draft only BIGGER.

Ah, cool stat man, where did you pull it from? Your rectum?

All evidence suggested Paul recovered well from the ACL, hamstring injuries are notorious for athletes coming back from a long lay-off. Let's not bring out the B word just yet, he has a chance.

Fade

Reaction score
Deon Butler will be on the team only because he was a 2nd round pick. He will then get hurt again, and will be cut the next off-season.

Oops. I meant Paul Richardson... same difference.

sutz

Reaction score
Less than a week and we're already in off season mode. Self styled experts ensuring all of us poor un-educated rubes know who all of the busts and crap players are.

:34853_doh:

I hate the off season.

Seafan

Reaction score
Fade":3515oa09 said:
Deon Butler will be on the team only because he was a 2nd round pick. He will then get hurt again, and will be cut the next off-season.

Oops. I meant Paul Richardson... same difference.

Butler was a 3rd round pick and not by JS. He was hurt once.

PR is a good receiver and likely replaces Kearse on the roster.

See the above post.

BadGuy711

Reaction score
When he had a major injury during the playoffs, I was sad knowing we really wouldn't see the same guy until 2016.

I was surprised he was back so soon, but normally a player takes another year to regain explosion anyways. The injury sucked, but my expectations were always that PRich would begin contributing in a meaningful way again next season.

Still hopeful he will be a big part of the offence. Lockett being a legit deep threat will only make Richardson harder to defend and more impactful.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
My least favorite Seahawk. Nothing personal, I just despise how badly this team butchered the WR position in the 2014 draft and he represents that. It was the best WR draft since 1996. You had to be actively trying to not get a good WR, and the Hawks managed to pull that off not once, but twice. Norwood will be out of the league next year, and PRich will probably play between 4 and 8 games before he is put on IR again. He just doesn't have an NFL body.

I bet Allen Robinson would have come close to equaling Doug Baldwin's numbers this year if the Hawks had picked him over Paul. With a core of Baldwin, Lockett and Robinson this team would have been set at QB and WR for the next decade.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I am unsure on Richardson. He is a slight build and at Colorado blew his ACL as well. I am wait and see with him and let him have a whole off season to build up.

razor150

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3fk5mw17 said:
King Dog":3fk5mw17 said:
blazen2392":3fk5mw17 said:
seriously. what do people see in paul richardson?

He never showed any close to the potential Lockett has. What am i missing here?

I didn't see anything from Golden Tate early in his career. Some games he wasn't even active. He turned out fine.

Agreed about Richardson's college film. Nice
What you saw from Tate was durability. Not so with small Paul.

How? Tate barely saw the field his first two years. Richardson played a bigger role than Tate did his first year.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
SMH.

Guy pulls his hamstring trying to rush back from ACL surgery and people on here assume he "can't stay healthy".

Guess no one on here has ever pulled a hamstring while running before.

The Breh

Reaction score
Kearse is gone. We still have Lockette who is one of the fastest dudes in the league. Smith and the the other practice squad dudes. I hope Prich stays healthy cuz we could have the fastest WR squad in the league.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
McGruff":1zz0u1zy said:
Barthawk":1zz0u1zy said:
too early.. he was starting to make plays late in the year including the play he tore his ACL.

Now, Chris McIntosh was a waste of pick.

That is really quite ironic since their stories are very similar.

McIntosh started 10 games as a rookie, and towards the end of his rookie season was developing into a dominant right tackle. One of the best. Then an injury derailed his career and he was never able to come back.

In fact, Chris would probably be LESS of a bust than Richardson because Chris' injury was a very isolated incident. He had no significant injury history prior to his pro career, whereas Richardson had significant injuries in college.

Evaluating them both based on their 1st two years, Chris was far more productive.

This makes zero sense.. P-Rich was a mid-2nd round pick, the expectations between the 2 are completely different. Chris was pick 22, P-Rich was pick 45.