Paul Richardson.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Bwarren":2qjji96d said:
Richardson is a bust. Can't stay healthy to save his life. 90% of people don't improve after ACL surgery. Time to find the next Lockette in the draft only BIGGER.

This. Except not interested in another Lockette. Another Lockett...definitely!

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2nuho3tg said:
SMH.

Guy pulls his hamstring trying to rush back from ACL surgery and people on here assume he "can't stay healthy".

Guess no one on here has ever pulled a hamstring while running before.
Why would you shake your head? Regardless of the injury the guy hasn't been on the field enough to prove he can remain available to the team each week.

Until he can stay healthy we can't assume he will.

The Outfield

Reaction score
If PRich can stay healthy, I think he can be quite an asset to this team. Take a look at his 2nd half 2014 numbers. Then this year, he had one reception on one target and got 40 yards before getting injured. Hoping he can stay healthy and on this team because I think he has real potential.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I'm tired of both Locketts and Lockettes.

I want an AJ Green.

But of course, we'll never draft high enough to get one.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Bwarren":2v63ia7d said:
90% of people don't improve after ACL surgery. Time to find the next Lockette in the draft only BIGGER.

I agree that we need to keep drafting the position for insurance if nothing else, but the '90%' you pulled out of thin air is pure BS.

Zorn76

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":iytvyj8b said:
RussB":iytvyj8b said:
Will he ever stay healthy. Obviously talented but hasnt ever been healthy for a full season. Even had injury problems in college. Look at who was selected after him, Jarvis landry, martavis bryant and allen robinson, all big playmakers. Was he a waste of a pick since he cant stay healthy ?
He is still cheap and still has potential, but the Hawks have to ASSUME that he will not stay healthy and make sure they have a replacement for him.

It is foolish to enter a season expecting an injury-prone player to help you.

When you build a roster you can't just assume the best. You have to assume that players who are always hurt will continue to get hurt. You have to assume that players who had a career year will not have a career year twice in a row (Baldwin).

At this point Richardson looks to be an injury bust, but as long as he is cheap he will be given chances to compete and produce for us.

I agree.

I like the kid and his upside, but we gotta see him last a full season (or two) to really be able to grade him. When he's been on the field, no problem. I'd really like to see him make it. Good kid, has the desire and is a team guy by all accounts.

Meanwhile, more prospects for WR will be brought in, as always. Hopefully Richardson will be able to remind the staff and teammates why he's been worth the wait.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
blazen2392":232g51og said:
seriously. what do people see in paul richardson?

He never showed any close to the potential Lockett has. What am i missing here?

Your not missing anything .

Greenhell

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":2fmeorq8 said:
RussB":2fmeorq8 said:
Will he ever stay healthy. Obviously talented but hasnt ever been healthy for a full season. Even had injury problems in college. Look at who was selected after him, Jarvis landry, martavis bryant and allen robinson, all big playmakers. Was he a waste of a pick since he cant stay healthy ?
He is still cheap and still has potential, but the Hawks have to ASSUME that he will not stay healthy and make sure they have a replacement for him.

It is foolish to enter a season expecting an injury-prone player to help you.

When you build a roster you can't just assume the best. You have to assume that players who are always hurt will continue to get hurt. You have to assume that players who had a career year will not have a career year twice in a row (Baldwin).

At this point Richardson looks to be an injury bust, but as long as he is cheap he will be given chances to compete and produce for us.

This.

Greenhell

Reaction score
blazen2392":3g4veltx said:

I've wondered the same thing.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Greenhell":190oy3q1 said:
blazen2392":190oy3q1 said:

I've wondered the same thing.
Me too.

The Seahawks will end up drafting a receiver this year.

You got Smith, Williams, Lockette, Richardson. Most would say they aren't third receivers.

1. Baldwin 2. Lockett 3. Draft

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I am the same height and weight as Richardson. It is so weird to me that he is in the NFL on that fact alone.

3 ACLs in his life. Hamstring issues. Bad wheels are kind a big deal at his position.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Scottemojo":5wlampxt said:
I am the same height and weight as Richardson. It is so weird to me that he is in the NFL on that fact alone.

3 ACLs in his life. Hamstring issues. Bad wheels are kind a big deal at his position.
Yes but you have muscles

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":221vv9wj said:
Scottemojo":221vv9wj said:

Yes but you have muscles
I think the Hawks fib a bit on Richardson's weight. I think they list him around 185 or something like that.

xgeoff

Reaction score
I think this was a bad pick. I never saw Richardson display 'game speed'. The guy is fast on the track, not on the field. And he's fragile. Think about this, we could have gotten Martavis Bryant in that draft instead of Richardson. Now THAT would have been fun to see!

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
xgeoff":1f7r4rx5 said:
I think this was a bad pick. I never saw Richardson display 'game speed'. The guy is fast on the track, not on the field. And he's fragile. Think about this, we could have gotten Martavis Bryant in that draft instead of Richardson. Now THAT would have been fun to see!

Im perplexed by this statement. Richardson looks really quick at game speed in my opinion.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
To me, the talent isn't the issue. He's displayed a surprisingly complete game and a degree of toughness you also didn't expect. Pair him with a more in-stride thrower, and I think he's getting deep often. And Russ has been getting better and better at that, too.

Durability is a legit question now. Also, he's probably too small to play anywhere on Specials, and Lockett took his return/WR job. So, can you justify activating him if he's only playing non-starter snaps? Can his body hold up to a full load of reps and the blocking responsibilities that come with it?

That said, if spread is really the offense of the future, you have to like the idea of having Richardson, Baldwin, Lockett and Graham on the field at the same time.

Ozzy

Reaction score
David the idea of having those 4 on the field at the same time is scary. Really hope Richardson gets a chance to show his talent. Lockett and Richardson on the outside with Graham, Baldwin etc in the middle is almost ideal. Going to be a fun few years for this offense.

I wouldn't put it past Pete to add another WR early in the draft if a player they love falls.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
xgeoff":vcm1bd46 said:
Think about this, we could have gotten Martavis Bryant in that draft instead of Richardson. Now THAT would have been fun to see!

Maybe yes, maybe no. We don't have the weapons Pittsburgh does on offense. A big reason Martavis is so deadly is because defenses are on their heels immediately from Antonio Brown and when healthy Leveon Bell.

Allen Robinson is the guy I coveted and the guy we should have selected. Dude can flat play.

ivotuk

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":27cn2i20 said:
I'm quietly confident that Paul can contribute consistently in 2016.

From reports and indeed the albeit very limited evidence it appeared that Paul had recovered well from his surgery. The hamstring injury smacked of a guy being rushed back into physical activity, it's a common injury for explosive athletes making comebacks from long lay-offs. A full pre-season should serve him well.

Much like DeSean Jackson and Percy Harvin.