Paul Richardson

Basis4day

Reaction score
blazen2392":2v8jzz7k said:
I don't get the circle jerking over Paul Richardson. What excatly am i missing here? He seemed not on the level of the WR picked around his place in the draft.

He was steadily improving over later half of the year before he got hurt in the playoffs. He is only in his second year and was a high draft pick.

Keep in mind that most WR take a couple years to develop. Golden Tate for instance didn't start making waves until year 3.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
blazen2392":14j3zvzb said:
I don't get the circle jerking over Paul Richardson. What excatly am i missing here? He seemed not on the level of the WR picked around his place in the draft.

He was playing great after they moved Harvin and gave him reps. Every game he'd improve.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
One day in the near future we will have a WR core of: (a number 1 guy), Richardson, Lockett

and it will be glorious!

massari

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":62vbl3rg said:
One day in the near future we will have a WR core of: (a number 1 guy), Richardson, Lockett

and it will be glorious!

Doesn't Lockett have potential to be a number 1 guy like Antonio Brown? Where's Baldwin?

Would be nice to have a core of a Julio Jones type being the #1, then Lockett, Richardson, Baldwin as the top 4 with Graham as a TE/WR. :3:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
massari":9p2bbytw said:
TheRealDTM":9p2bbytw said:

and it will be glorious!

Doesn't Lockett have potential to be a number 1 guy like Antonio Brown? Where's Baldwin?

Would be nice to have a core of a Julio Jones type being the #1, then Lockette, Richardson, Baldwin as the top 4 with Graham as a TE/WR. :3:

You're assuming

1) Our OC would know what to do with that
2) Our OL would block long enough to allow that to be formidable
3) Our QB would feel safe throwing in that general direction
4) All of the above

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
massari":1imbnc8x said:
TheRealDTM":1imbnc8x said:

and it will be glorious!

Would be nice to have a core of a Julio Jones type being the #1, then Lockette, Richardson, Baldwin as the top 4 with Graham as a TE/WR. :3:

Were you referring to Lockett...with an "e" or no "e"?

massari

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1izckjtv said:
massari":1izckjtv said:
TheRealDTM":1izckjtv said:

and it will be glorious!

Were you referring to Lockett...with an "e" or no "e"?

Lockette in the top 4? :pukeface: :white_flag:

I fixed it.

massari

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2zea8pdl said:
massari":2zea8pdl said:
TheRealDTM":2zea8pdl said:

and it will be glorious!

You're assuming

4) All of the above

I'm obviously no expert on play calling (or anything in football lol) but when all the fans, "experts", a players mom are saying how bad our OC is, he probably is.

He'll hopefully be replaced and the Hawks will hopefully go heavy on OL in the draft/free agency/trades.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
massari":1p13vmcq said:
Hasselbeck":1p13vmcq said:
massari":1p13vmcq said:
TheRealDTM":1p13vmcq said:

and it will be glorious!

You're assuming

4) All of the above

I'm obviously no expert on play calling (or anything in football lol) but when all the fans, "experts", a players mom are saying how bad our OC is, he probably is.

He'll hopefully be replaced and the Hawks will hopefully go heavy on OL in the draft/free agency/trades.
Yeah, you are no expert. Our OC is the perfect fit for our offense and our QB.

massari

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2r8tfm7t said:

Wow, I read in one of your posts that you've been watching football from your couch for over 35 years! Clearly, your resume has football expert written all over it.....

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
massari":x2m7qwwh said:
Siouxhawk":x2m7qwwh said:

Wow, I read in one of your posts that you've been watching football from your couch for over 35 years! Clearly, your resume has football expert written all over it.....
Thank you, I accept your compliment. By the way, you're the one who admitted you were no expert.

capncrunch

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":2dflzjlx said:
Basis4day":2dflzjlx said:
Smellyman":2dflzjlx said:
CodeWarrior":2dflzjlx said:
Does he still have a role?

Hopefullly putting Kearse on the bench

To be fair, Kearse has been playing pretty well thus far.

Kearse is definitely cashing in on some attention going elsewhere, and he's been taking advantage of his 1v1's (which to be fair to him he's always been able to do with some consistency), though he went missing in the GB game.

Richardson is, or at least was on a different level before he went down last year and IF he can come back 100% then there's no reason he won't eat into Kearse's snaps significantly. Richardson was the only receiver I saw last year that could get open on short, intermediate and deep routes with consistency, and he caught absolutely everything.

His play for us toward the backend of last year reminded me (a lot) of Emmanuel Sanders and I genuinely thought/think he could be every bit as good. If he's the same player he was and continues to develop, he could be exactly what we need in this quicker-hitting offense.

Yes. I like the analysis here.

hawk45

Reaction score
Millen has commented on KJR that he's seen nothing out of Paul Richardson to indicate that he isn't Deon Butler part two. Just throwing that into the mix.

For myself I expected him to be targeted deep but really my lasting impression of him was that he seemed to be one guy Russ could hook up with on a slant every now and then.

His career arc hopefully exceeds Butler's but I definitely don't expect him to be a big weapon in year two after being injured when he wasn't setting the world on fire in year one. I don't expect anything dramatic to change when he returns.