Paul Richardson

sutz

Reaction score
Don't know who they'll cut, but Rich was turning into something special before he got hurt last season.

Exittium

Reaction score
I'd cut Lockette for richardson over Matthews and BJ, BJ has a lot of utility in multiple positions which PC seems to love it affords them flexibility . Matthews has upside and decent hands, and does fine on special teams. Lockette sucks and his gunning skills dont seem so supreme anymore, Im starting to see other people ahead of Lockette on these kickoffs and punts.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Throwdown":n9u9pbwg said:
Anyone can play gunner

mebanebelly.gif

timmat

Reaction score
Lockette made a massive contribution on the kick return touchdown. Guy covered a ton of ground and layed a great block on the only player with a legit shot to tackle T. Lockett. Not a big Lockette fan or anything, but it was a great unsung play that resulted in a much needed TD. Watch the end zone angle replay of that return.

davidonmi

Reaction score
he absolutely has a role if healthy. He was beginning to look like our #2 option behind baldwin late last season

UGotHawked

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":n0u81i2u said:
Haven't heard anything about him in awhile. Anyone know how his rehab is going and when he might be ready?

My guess...2016.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
sutz":15gd42vh said:
Don't know who they'll cut, but Rich was turning into something special before he got hurt last season.
If they had a clue it'd be Daniels or Lockette. I'd cut Daniels unless they have already decided to use him at backup quarterback after we cut bait with TJack next year.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":b3t60g5g said:
Smellyman":b3t60g5g said:
CodeWarrior":b3t60g5g said:
Does he still have a role?

Hopefullly putting Kearse on the bench

To be fair, Kearse has been playing pretty well thus far.

Kearse is definitely cashing in on some attention going elsewhere, and he's been taking advantage of his 1v1's (which to be fair to him he's always been able to do with some consistency), though he went missing in the GB game.

Richardson is, or at least was on a different level before he went down last year and IF he can come back 100% then there's no reason he won't eat into Kearse's snaps significantly. Richardson was the only receiver I saw last year that could get open on short, intermediate and deep routes with consistency, and he caught absolutely everything.

His play for us toward the backend of last year reminded me (a lot) of Emmanuel Sanders and I genuinely thought/think he could be every bit as good. If he's the same player he was and continues to develop, he could be exactly what we need in this quicker-hitting offense.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
austinslater25":3pxi3lhj said:
I'm excited about Richardson and what he potentially brings to the offense. I think he plays a decent role down the stretch like he did last year. Just hope he comes back 100% at some point.

Hopefully he's been adding meat to those bird rollers. Those scawny wheels looked thinner than Harvin's. Snap goes the twig.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":175izcr5 said:
CodeWarrior":175izcr5 said:

Of course, he was kicking ass in the 2nd half of the season. Always room for production at the WR position.

I'd love to see P-Rich come back and start pushing Kearse. Going forward with both Lockett and Richardson developing quickly gives us two dynamic players, instead of Doug and Kearse not really putting the fear of God into anyone.

I think this is the plan of the staff and that Lockett and Richardson are the future. I hope so.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Can one ...or both of them be the guy who finally takes the top off the defense?

RW92

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1plqzvtm said:
CodeWarrior":1plqzvtm said:

Of course, he was kicking ass in the 2nd half of the season. Always room for production at the WR position.

I'd love to see P-Rich come back and start pushing Kearse. Going forward with both Lockett and Richardson developing quickly gives us two dynamic players, instead of Doug and Kearse not really putting the fear of God into anyone.

You are so right. The lack of separation right now between our receivers and the defensive backs is very poor. Baldwin isn't bad, but Kearse has a very difficult time with his separating speed. That's were we have to utilize Tyler L. more and give him a chance to stretch the field.

titan3131

Reaction score
im sitting here rosterbating about having lockett and richardson going deep routes, with graham going shallow or crossing, and baldwin in the slot FAP FAP FAP.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Unless PRich can play special teams (which with his build is doubtful) and can stay healthy I don't see him getting a whole bunch of snaps. For all the Kearse haters, keep in mind that Russ has good chemistry with him and he likely isn't going anywhere this year. Lockette is a special teams player who gets a few snaps at WR but he is primarily a ST'er and has value there. If he was going to displace anyone it would have to be Matthews who really hasn't done anything this year.

Another issue with PRich is that his WR skill set is redundant with Lockett and Lockett has shown to be way more valuable as a ST'er and as a WR.

I guess he can replace Daniels as a WR but he hasn't been active anyway so that doesn't help getting PRich on the field.

And beyond everything I have serious doubts about his durability. He just doesn't look like he can take the grind of the NFL.

I don't wish him any ill will; if he can help the Hawks offense then let's gets him on the field. In Pete I trust (except from the 1 yd line with 30 seconds left in the SB).

Hawks46

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2c334wbs said:
Can one ...or both of them be the guy who finally takes the top off the defense?

You could see CB's last year giving Richards an honest 15 yard cushion. That's why we saw so many come back routes, hooks, outs, etc. When a guy is giving you 10-15 yards, you take it every time, and hope you make him miss the tackle. Teams REALLY respected his speed and Richardson was gutting them for being over cautious.

I think Richardson and Lockett can take the top off the defense. Lockett from the slot and Richardson on the outside. Mix in Graham and yeeeeesh.

The only issue I have is that our OL hasn't shown a proclivity to give Wilson the time to throw deep balls.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Hawks46":2ivqgx0n said:
brimsalabim":2ivqgx0n said:

You could see CB's last year giving Richards an honest 15 yard cushion. That's why we saw so many come back routes, hooks, outs, etc. When a guy is giving you 10-15 yards, you take it every time, and hope you make him miss the tackle. Teams REALLY respected his speed and Richardson was gutting them for being over cautious.

I think Richardson and Lockett can take the top off the defense.
Richardson averaged 9.3 yards/reception last year... hardly taking the top off the defense.

However, I agree with the points you made in the bolded paragraph... which seem to contradict your statement about taking the top off the defense.

Perhaps I'm missing your point.

McGruff

Reaction score
Richardson and Lockett are very different receivers IMO. Richardson. Is much more straight line speed guy with incedible hops. Lockett is shifter and craftier and more of a RAC threat. I picture Richardson more like Kearse and Lockett more like Baldwin, except both have higher. Eliing than their more experienced counterparts.

blazen2392

Reaction score
I don't get the circle jerking over Paul Richardson. What excatly am i missing here? He seemed not on the level of the WR picked around his place in the draft.